Am I the only one who is concerned about Janet's well being?

BlackCat1989

Well of course not! But lately I get the feeling that something just isn't right. Now that Janet failed to show up at this Amfar event ( which had been planned months ago) it has me thinking that my feelings maybe true. Unless Janet is pregnant and trying to hide it, I just don't get why she wouldn't show up. If she was there in Brazil at the hotel Fasano why did she miss the event? I hope there is no trouble in paradise between her and Wissam.

I get the disappointment, expectations were high. Janet never said she was performing and it was never confirmed on her website that she would attend the event. I don't recall anybody from her camp saying that she was in Brazil...who knows really?! I do know that Janet has been in the public eye since she was born and she has been in the entertainment business since she was seven...at some point in her career she was THE POP STAR of the moment and that's an incredibly exhausting feat to accomplish and takes a lot of your time ad energy. These days if Janet wants to be a recluse and focus on herself and her marriage...I get it, she has every right to do so. Bitch has paid her dues, went above and beyond the call of duty and worked like nobody's business. She lost her inspiration, her childhood best friend and her brother all on June 25th 2009, she might feel some type of way because she wasn't as close to him as she wanted to be since she was always 'working' and that will never happen again with the people that she loves.

• Upvote 2

In Janet's defense her team never put out that she was going. They usually tweet something to let us know that she would be there. So she probably had no plans on attending in the first place. I was so damn disappointed as well. We haven't seen Jan in such a long time. Did she forget that we exist? I mean I know that she is private and all but damn can we get a picture every 3-4 months or a tweet every so often. I will always love Janet and she will always be my fave, I just wish she would let us know how she's doing from time to time.

I get the disappointment, expectations were high. Janet never said she was performing and it was never confirmed on her website that she would attend the event. I don't recall anybody from her camp saying that she was in Brazil...who knows really?! I do know that Janet has been in the public eye since she was born and she has been in the entertainment business since she was seven...at some point in her career she was THE POP STAR of the moment and that's an incredibly exhausting feat to accomplish and takes a lot of your time ad energy. These days if Janet wants to be a recluse and focus on herself and her marriage...I get it, she has every right to do so. Bitch has paid her dues, went above and beyond the call of duty and worked like nobody's business. She lost her inspiration, her childhood best friend and her brother all on June 25th 2009, she might feel some type of way because she wasn't as close to him as she wanted to be since she was always 'working' and that will never happen again with the people that she loves.

This.

• Upvote 1

Yall act like yall was there, and she didn't show up :umm: Disappointed in what? Not getting a picture of her showing up to an event? Not to sound insensitive but I dnt get the crying about it.

Right I'm reading some comments on JX and how they are so disappointed. I didn't post but I'm over there like disappointed in what. They are acting like Janet announced she was performing then didn't show up or announced a single was coming out then it didn't. I'm over here like we were only going to get new pictures. So to speculate something is wrong with her or her marriage is doing a bit much especially because she only missed one event.

I mean it is almost easier to speculate she never planned on attending because even though amfAR announced she was going to be honored on their website they didn't promote it like she was going to be there like they did with Naomi Campbell hosting and Mary J. Blige performing. I mean even Janet's team didn't acknowledge she was going to be honored and they almost always do that on her website, Twitter, and Facebook.

• Upvote 1

Out of some of the things I've read I think the worst are the people assuming that just because Wissam is allegedly "Muslim" he's holding her captive or something in Qatar with a burka etc. The ignorance :umm:.

This wasn't a rumor as it was amFAR putting her name on the website of the event and not talking about it

I still wouldn't have trusted it unless there was a statement put out from her people. I've learned from the past.

• Upvote 1

I'm more concerned that there will not be any new music at all. I dont think there will be at this rate.

I'am doubtful about the new music as well. At this point all I want is a new picture of Janet and I will be satisfied.

The difference between this and the new music is it isn't rumored shes doing new music, SHE said she's doing new music.

I do believe Janet is fine, there was never any news or confirmation about her appearing in Brazil or accepting an award. All there was prior to the event was fan speculation and hope. Patience is a virtue guys, no worries! ;)