IS THERE A BLACK ARTIST THAT CAN SELL OUT STADIUMS

Shawn1814

You guys let Austin get you so mad.

No, Beyonce cannot sell out a big real stadium in the US. Neither could Janet at any point in her career. They could both do it internationally though.

To be honest, I don't think ANY of today's mainstream acts could fill a 40K+ stadium in the US. Britney probably comes closest, but still no cigar.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Beyonce cannot sell out a big real stadium in the US. Neither could Janet at any point in her career. They could both do it internationally though.

To be honest, I don't think ANY of today's mainstream acts could fill a 40K+ stadium in the US. Britney probably comes closest, but still no cigar.

TBH, I don't think Janet can do it internationally.

Lmfao!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes, that is true.

But it all depends on the capacity of the stadium, the ticket prices, the promotion and of course, the artist.

I don't really think Prince can sell out a stadium though... On the bright side he's an excellent entertainer along with Michael and Janet.

I think Prince can but he chooses to settle for centers and arenas.

see that's the bullshit I can't stand...knowing damn well what the question is asking, but choose to act like your understanding went on a fuckin vacation.....at this point in time, I don't think there are any that will fill a stadium in the USA

she outta control :lmao:

You're telling me with a new album you don't think Janet can sell out ANY stadium internationally???

right now? Hardly. The prob with Janet (outside Japan) is that she let most of the World forget who she was and unless she starts to focus more in Europe , Latin America etc she will never fill a big stadium

Prince can definitely sell out a big stadium IF he promotes it as some type of Purple Rain or whatever hit celebration concert.

Well let me help you out my fellow ignorant JJ fan. ^_^

By definition, a stadium is "a sports arena, usually oval or horseshoe-shaped, with tiers of seats for spectators." A stadium is not based on capacity. It is based on the build. When I think of terms, I think of them in the grand scheme of things because I'm not narrow minded. And because I'm naturally more educated than you, I go with the word's standard definition. YOU, along with TOF, and others, think a stadium is based on capacity because you're ignorant and don't know what a stadium is. Then a good Samaritan like myself comes along and teaches you what a stadium is. :blush:

tmyk.gif

Each_One_Teach_One.jpg

B)

Ok Ima give him "each one teach one" :lmao: *continues reading thread for responses*

right now? Hardly. The prob with Janet (outside Japan) is that she let most of the World forget who she was and unless she starts to focus more in Europe , Latin America etc she will never fill a big stadium

Prince can definitely sell out a big stadium IF he promotes it as some type of Purple Rain or whatever hit celebration concert.

After the success with this tour and a new album,, I'm sure she can do it outside of Japan..That's if she wants to go that route..

After the success with this tour and a new album,, I'm sure she can do it outside of Japan..That's if she wants to go that route..

Livenation better go AWF with their tour promotion over here.

About the album ... It all depends on what sound she's gonna come up with and if she will actually bother to promote it over here (she seems to really want this so i think she'll get it right this time)

Agrees COMPLETELY with both comments.

After the success of this tour she can move up to doing arenas like she used to. Not stadiums. Let's be reasonable :rolleyes: I think the album will be a moderate success if done right.

Archived