Honestly, how do you feel about Janet not saying a single word or making even one appearance on an album release week?

janetfan87

I get what both sides are saying. 

You have the fans that like that way Janet handling this era. They believe it's  unprecedented and daring... Very sexy and mysterious of her.

Then you have the fans who want to know what she's thinking and not just through her music. 

But Bailey's right. She's getting amazing reviews not just from fans... But from acclaimed web and old timer publications and at the end of the day.. That's what she wanted to achieve 

Now she can collect her awards 

• Upvote 3

I like that she's doing what she wants and isn't worried about it. At the same time I'd like to hear HER own input on the album and what she's on her mind and everything right now. Jimmy and Terry are always great to hear from though! As far as promoting  and interviews she could have a private fan Q and A session or something at least. I understand that her album was made for us fans but part of me thinks that there is a larger population of fans that may not be aware of what she's doing. But the main thing is her music and success and her happiness. ^_^

• Upvote 1

My goodness the album has been out for a week!  She's touring through next year.  The era has just begun.  Why do we need interviews?  What don't we know about Janet that we don't already know.  Janet is doing it her way and trust she delivered an amazing album and giving us an amazing tour.  There will be more videos and who knows what else lies in the future as the tour continues.  But seriously why do we need another Oprah interview, another Robyn Roberts interview.....Janet has moved on and she has told you what's up with her life in the album.  Are you not listening? 

I understand you want to see Janet perform on T.V. and it will come when it's right for her.  But again let's take a chill pill.  If anything more interest will increase if she pulls in that number 1 this Friday. Janet is doing this in style with class without being in your face about it.  Bravo to her! :yahoo:

• Upvote 2

My goodness the album has been out for a week!  She's touring through next year.  The era has just begun.  Why do we need interviews?  What don't we know about Janet that we don't already know.  Janet is doing it her way and trust she delivered an amazing album and giving us an amazing tour.  There will be more videos and who knows what else lies in the future as the tour continues.  But seriously why do we need another Oprah interview, another Robyn Roberts interview.....Janet has moved on and she has told you what's up with her life in the album.  Are you not listening? 

I understand you want to see Janet perform on T.V. and it will come when it's right for her.  But again let's take a chill pill.  If anything more interest will increase if she pulls in that number 1 this Friday. Janet is doing this in style with class without being in your face about it.  Bravo to her! :yahoo:

At the same time, women, children, men look up to her. They want to see Janet on television. 

The tour is doing great, the album is amazing... All we're missing is a bomb ass interview to make this era complete. It doesn't even have to be televised. It could be on a concert special feature $200 double-disc Bluray.. It's her time to speak

Some of us want to hear it from her lips.... Not her great producers 

• Upvote 2

At the same time, women, children, men look up to her. They want to see Janet on television. 

The tour is doing great, the album is amazing... All we're missing is a bomb ass interview to make this era complete. It doesn't even have to be televised. It could be on a concert special feature $200 double-disc Bluray.. It's her time to speak

Some of us want to hear it from her lips.... Not her great producers 

I would love a special.  I would love an unplugged performance that either is televised on cable or even on her own website  But what do we need to hear from her?  Seriously I'm just wondering.  We know Janet is not one to sensationalize her personal life or her family's.  Performance yes!!!!!!!!! People dog Janet when does interviews and then get upset if she doesn't speak about certain subjects.  Like I said I think she has answered our questions already in the album.  Maybe a paid YouTube event?  She will figure out something special for us but we waited 7 seven years for a new album so we can wait a little longer for something special. We have to remember the album and the tour was for the fans.  Simple as that.  

I would love a special.  I would love an unplugged performance that either is televised on cable or even on her own website  But what do we need to hear from her?  Seriously I'm just wondering.  We know Janet is not one to sensationalize her personal life or her family's.  Performance yes!!!!!!!!! People dog Janet when does interviews and then get upset if she doesn't speak about certain subjects.  Like I said I think she has answered our questions already in the album.  Maybe a paid YouTube event?  She will figure out something special for us but we waited 7 seven years for a new album so we can wait a little longer for something special. We have to remember the album and the tour was for the fans.  Simple as that.  

Well I want to know her take on the album... Just some insight on the thought process. She's a song writer.. A real artist... Wouldn't you want to pick the brain of Leonardo da Vinci?  Beethoven? Bach? 

• Upvote 1

You don't know what is being planned. As an independent artist, Janet is unconcerned with first week sales. She doesn't have a big company seeking an immediate profit. Mystique maintains interest in the project. People are DYING to be the first to interview her....the more she keeps them waiting...the more interest. If she would have did everything all at once there wouldn't be anything to keep the project moving after that

• Upvote 3

Well I want to know her take on the album... Just some insight on the thought process. She's a song writer.. A real artist... Wouldn't you want to pick the brain of Leonardo da Vinci?  Beethoven? Bach? 

just because she hasn't told you yet doesn't mean she won't 

I don't like, I mean it's working sure, but.....I live for her interviews, especially when there's SOOO much to learn about her, she hasn't done a TV sitdown since Anderson back in 2012. I know we all know & saw & complained about that the #1's interviews were pretty scripted, but even still, it was refreshing to see her engaging with someone, and hell just talking. Now I know the answer to this is "the album/music is doing all the talking", I get that and I dig that especially since she's not a fan of the media promotional interviews & stuff, but they serve a purpose for us fans and the casual fans.....it keeps the conversation going.

............that let a load off my chest. I mean I'm living in bliss with the album but somethings missing and that's it. But I mean I saw her at the BET Awards and I'll see her this Saturday, but I want more insight, more moments of her on my screens.

I also wish we got some kind of behind the scenes EPK, that we've had for every era since.............Control?...maybe RN. Clips of her in the studio, her in rehersal, on the set, in the photoshoot,sitting in a chair talking/commentating about tracks and ideas & that stuff...it actually hit me today that this era doesn't have that...and I miss that.

But this stuff isn't heavy on my mind because I know/trust, everything's planned out for what she wants and what she's comfortable with. And in her absence more than I wanted all of the above, I wanted new music...we have new music, everything else is really just a pleasant surprise.....I do want more music videos, I'd be VERY pleased if this is finally a era with more than 2-3 videos (not including the Lyric videos, which I do enojoy and are unique & original too). I'll let go of wanting all the interviews and behind the scenes EPK's, if we get like 4-5+ videos

But within those 3 months we got alot of interviews and behind the scenes footage, yea this era has outlasted it, and will by a year pretty much, but the topic is how do we feel about it right now, and right now this is how some of us feel. Im probably & easily the most optimistic person here, so AGAIN, Im sure there's tons of great stuff we're not even remotely aware of in the works, but from where we sit, the era that's lasted almost 5months, it's missing her personal touch (though AGAIN, I think the album in many ways makeup for that, but still).

• Upvote 1

It's very Beyoncé of her tbh. And I don't mind. It's got that grown, self assured thing going on. She's at a place where she can do it her own way and on her own schedule. I think she'd probably say an interview is not needed, just listen to the album. 

But within those 3 months we got alot of interviews and behind the scenes footage, yea this era has outlasted it, and will by a year pretty much, but the topic is how do we feel about it right now, and right now this is how some of us feel. Im probably & easily the most optimistic person here, so AGAIN, Im sure there's tons of great stuff we're not even remotely aware of in the works, but from where we sit, the era that's lasted almost 5months, it's missing her personal touch (though AGAIN, I think the album in many ways makeup for that, but still).

No, most of you all are acting like you won't get any of these things and are making assumptions when you don't know what's being planned. 

Why is it an issue to hear her talk about her album? For the most part, it just sounds like people want to know what she's thinking outside of her music. No one here is trying to probe into her private life... All and all people just want to see her do well because she deserves it after her hard work. Personally, I would like to know more about Janet as I haven't lived through her prime to reminence/know about it so just some insight would be nice. It's not just a matter of listening but having a nice all around experience with her and her work. Her approach just seems a bit distant and impersonal to an extent. She obviously has so much planned for the album and doesn't NEED to do any interviews and what not but I think it would just add to the enjoyment of the album. Keep in mind it's just a personal preference and her current approach is appreciated and respected nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

It's very Beyoncé of her tbh. And I don't mind. It's got that grown, self assured thing going on. She's at a place where she can do it her own way and on her own schedule. I think she'd probably say an interview is not needed, just listen to the album. 

Ignoring that blasphemous 1st sentance, I agree with the last, like I can soooo see that response being to the question "So why no interviews"