Honestly, how do you feel about Janet not saying a single word or making even one appearance on an album release week?

janetfan87

LOL @ the era just beginning. We are 5 months in on the 16th. :lmao: 

5 months in to the last era, we had three singles, two Vibe covers, a Parade cover, two TRL appearances + a performance, two 106th and Park appearances, GMA, two album signings and a HOST of other appearances, interviews, and performances. 

Ya'll can sit around and act like you're happy with the era thus far, but the truth will set you free. :lmao: 

First album in 7 years and all you've got to show for it is a 2 minute BET appearance. :lmao: 

C'mon now.  If you're upset she hasn't done interviews, that's fair and you can voice your opinion. If you're fine that she hasn't done an interview, that's fine too. No need to be reacting like that because people don't share your view.

I personally like this era a lot more than just about anything she's done in a long, long time and it's because of the music. She may have promoted her albums more, but in my opinion this one is far more superior than what's she's put out in years.  I didn't become a Janet fan off of her interviews. 

Edited by Angela
  • Upvote 2

Nobodies fuming. I'm more than content with the amazing music and tour. But I love Janet not just as an artist but as a person. It's not about promo for for the album. I wanna hear her current thoughts and hear her infectious laughter. That's all.

then I'm not talking about you.

Im still enjoying the album by itself. I still have excitement for the project like a little kid in a candy store. That's partially because I think there's still more. Even Gil admits he's not in on everything she's planning. I saw her once on this leg and still have another leg to look forward to seeing her on. If it's the same, I'll be content BECAUSE I"M SEEING JANET JACKSON LIVE. If it's different, that just makes it even sweeter. But this album by itself is amazing. It's my favorite since the Velvet Rope and I think her most cohesive as an artist since Damita Jo. And I'd trade all the interviews she did during 20 y.o. and Discipline for that. I want to see her do televised performances only so the general population can get exposed to the GREAT album. But if it's just a secret amongst her hardcore fans like us and some casuals, I think she's just fine with that. As for her not doing anything this week, I'm disappointed. But she's 49 and married for what ? 3 years? Let her get some time in with her man and buy some new Parisian fashions before hopping back on the road. 

Im still enjoying the album by itself. I still have excitement for the project like a little kid in a candy store. That's partially because I think there's still more. Even Gil admits he's not in on everything she's planning. I saw her once on this leg and still have another leg to look forward to seeing her on. If it's the same, I'll be content BECAUSE I"M SEEING JANET JACKSON LIVE. If it's different, that just makes it even sweeter. But this album by itself is amazing. It's my favorite since the Velvet Rope and I think her most cohesive as an artist since Damita Jo. And I'd trade all the interviews she did during 20 y.o. and Discipline for that. I want to see her do televised performances only so the general population can get exposed to the GREAT album. But if it's just a secret amongst her hardcore fans like us and some casuals, I think she's just fine with that. As for her not doing anything this week, I'm disappointed. But she's 49 and married for what ? 3 years? Let her get some time in with her man and buy some new Parisian fashions before hopping back on the road. 

when are you going to see her? I have to wait til february 24. 

Can you guys stop fighting for fucks sake? Some people like her hiding, others want her to whore herself for album sales, and some, like me, can give two shits about the interviews, sales, or anything other than a few performances! I'm the ONLY one who's right. So everybody calm the fuck down!

"Leesen to me when I'm talking to jew"

:D

• Upvote 3

That's why I want a performance

I would too, hell you KNOW the Vegas peeps are upset....went from prepping to see her in a few days to finding out they gotta wait till MAY before she's there...I'll pray for them

But yea this discussion is understandable (for people that arent in their feelings about others not feeling exactly the same as they do about everything ofcourse), some are adapting easier because they saw her already, and some like you won't be seeing her for months, so it's cool to discuss and kinda see where we all our with how everything is going so far. Like I don't recall anyone saying "she's never going to do any promo for this era" so there's no need to bitch about people feeling like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

She's a friend of the American Music Awards. I feel like she's performed on that awards show the most. And the AMAs are in November, right? Anyone know if she's has a hole in schedule then? 

She'll be in Japan to end the first leg of this tour (November 22). I same day as the award show 

I too after careful consideration am in favor of Ms Janet's decision to no perform as much I think over the last few eras they burned out so  quick and were flagged with bad press about what the album was NOT. This era Janet is making the press appreciate the legend she is not going on everybody's talk show, not dancing on every stage, and making every move she makes one that people  appreciate and watch for.  I really want her to do more performances to show different audiences she can still dance the same and is still the same Artist, and still has the very same ability she has had over the last 30 years or more. People who don't follow her as close and are. Or scanning the YouTube looking for your performances see no sleep and say yes great song but to bad she really can't or doesn't dance anymore.  I have heard two people say that when I'm doing my Janet talk in the streets to people: