Honestly, how do you feel about Janet not saying a single word or making even one appearance on an album release week?

janetfan87

C'mon now.  If you're upset she hasn't done interviews, that's fair and you can voice your opinion. If you're fine that she hasn't done an interview, that's fine too. No need to be reacting like that because people don't share your view.

I personally like this era a lot more than just about anything she's done in a long, long time and it's because of the music. She may have promoted her albums more, but in my opinion this one is far more superior than what's she's put out in years.  I didn't become a Janet fan off of her interviews. 

As usual, I'm just the person who says what needs to be said, and what everyone is thinking. Surely this is her best album since TVR but no one is going to know it unless she promotes it. There's nothing to enjoy about this era other than album - the tour videos keep getting taken down, there's no interviews, nothing. The only thing she's doing is learning how to retweet. :umm: 

• Upvote 1

As usual, I'm just the person who says what needs to be said, and what everyone is thinking. Surely this is her best album since TVR but no one is going to know it unless she promotes it. There's nothing to enjoy about this era other than album - the tour videos keep getting taken down, there's no interviews, nothing. The only thing she's doing is learning how to retweet. :umm: 

But no one is saying there will not be any promo.  We are talking about the release week only.....not for the entire era. 

• Upvote 1

But no one is saying there will not be any promo.  We are talking about the release week only.....not for the entire era. 

Which was this week. She up and leaves to Paris the same week her first album in 7 years comes out. :lmao: 

And you think she's gonna be doing promo with her tour schedule? :lmao: 

And you know that I love you for honesty, but you ain't speaking for me this time around :lol: 

i am am glad she's learning how to retweet or someone is doing it for her. I remember when she was retweeting something like 8 million times and I wanted someone to stage an intervention because it was all over my Facebook feed.  :lol: 

But I understand your concern even though I'm legitimately happy. I used to never understand why the Darrren12000s of the world didn't care so much about promo, but now I feel like I'm in that same space.  

I love and respect it. She is doing well , garnering interest and praise without it. She is giving us life through the tour...let her focus her energy on that. She is teaching us the art of patience in a day and age of instant gratification.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 5

He does have a point though. I'm actually getting annoyed with the "I told you" crap.

what if promo is part of the strategy just later down the road? I mean they gotta do something to keep this thing alive through what is it now 5 legs? The tour will hit probably more American cities than she has done before, and this goes through July 2016. Janet and her team are probably gonna need something "more" to keep this alive.

Am I the only one that thinks "Damn Baby" shoulda been the second single? :unsure:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

no but.. DB is a "fan fav" but needs to stay on the album as a nonsingle. Making it a single won't do much anyhow

Correction:

If you would pay attention and go outside of the fans opinion, you'd see NON fans share the same one. Its the most talked about track from the album OVERALL. 

Making it a single wont do much? Yeah cus releasing other songs that ppl arent talking much about and/or at all..is the route to go. :blink:

To be so "intelligent" you type some of the dumbest shit from those lil fingers of yours. But then again many ppl have told you this. Guess its not sinking in.Your sick love for divergence henders your intelligence.  For the 264357744x

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Correction:

If you would pay attention and go outside of the fans opinion, you'd see NON fans share the same one. Its the most talked about track from the album OVERALL. 

Making it a single wont do much? Yeah cus releasing other songs that ppl arent talking much about and/or at all..is the route to go. :blink:

To be so "intelligent" you type some of the dumbest shit from those lil fingers of yours. But then again many ppl have told you this. Guess its not sinking in.Your sick love for divergence henders your intelligence.  For the 264357744x

well damn!:ph34r:

what if promo is part of the strategy just later down the road? I mean they gotta do something to keep this thing alive through what is it now 5 legs? The tour will hit probably more American cities than she has done before, and this goes through July 2016. Janet and her team are probably gonna need something "more" to keep this alive.

Am I the only one that thinks "Damn Baby" shoulda been the second single? :unsure:

Nope you're not the only one. The tour is gonna switch up tho since she's adding more songs from this album on there and i'm sure "Damn Baby" is gonna be one of the new songs she's gonna perform. I think she's saving this single for later on. I give this album promotion to go on for a full year or almost a year

Correction:

GOD DAMN!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Correction:

I'm not worried about what others think.

I don't believe I said that. 

I see I made you mad by saying DB isn't single worthy. Sounds like a personal problem

I standby my opinion :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GOD DAMN!!!

i got you out the negative, I hate that the negatives are back, because on the real, Im seeing it abused as this board has always been a popularity contest, like we in high school or something. I think you're a wonderful gal, and you deserve to know that ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1