Honestly, how do you feel about Janet not saying a single word or making even one appearance on an album release week?

janetfan87

No, most of you all are acting like you won't get any of these things and are making assumptions when you don't know what's being planned. 

Welp, Im not included in that, Im speaking to the question which is how do we feel about what she's doing now and since the beginning of the era, not what she'll do next.

Why is it an issue to hear her talk about her album? For the most part, it just sounds like people want to know what she's thinking outside of her music. No one here is trying to probe into her private life... All and all people just want to see her do well because she deserves it after her hard work. Personally, I would like to know more about Janet as I haven't lived through her prime to reminence/know about it so just some insight would be nice. It's not just a matter of listening but having a nice all around experience with her and her work. Her approach just seems a bit distant and impersonal to an extent. She obviously has so much planned for the album and doesn't NEED to do any interviews and what not but I think it would just add to the enjoyment of the album. Keep in mind it's just a personal preference and her current approach is appreciated and respected nonetheless.

WELL SAID, Im not asking her to give her pin number and a tour of her house and a look through her planner, but......a lil more info on maybe what life is like right now would be really nice.

You know it's true :coffee: 

It's not tho, it's more Prince, who was doing this stuff in the 80's CreditsTheOriginator:coffee:

Obviously she had planned on possibly doing some promo or she wouldnt have taken out a block of time from her tour the week of her album release. 

I dont mind it. Her evolution is sooo grand to me and the moves she's making says LEGEND more than ever before. Im with this "new" Janet all the way. Fuck tradition. This era is so much more than just a new album.

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Obviously she had planned on possibly doing some promo or she wouldnt have taken out a block of time from her tour the week of her album release. 

I dont mind it. Her evolution is sooo grand to me and the moves she's making says LEGEND more than ever before. Im with this "new" Janet all the way. Fuck tradition. This era is so much more than just a new album.

its not obvious.....she just took a break....and her husband works too, they support one another...I understand that

I really don't mind. One of my other faves barely promoted their album minue award shows and I loved it. Janet is my ultimate and I'm loving it even more. The success she's getting without any promo is such a slap in the face to those that said she was forgotten or over and I'll take that. I waited 7 years for the music...not the Ellen/Jimmy style appearances

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 2

To be honest, all I wanted were a great album and tour. I'm in love with the album. And I'm hoping to be in love with the show when I go see her. Anything else is just icing on the cake for me. I don't follow a lot of the artists that I used to so maybe that changes my perspective. I didn't even buy Jill's latest and those of y'all know I used to LOVE her. Janet is really the last artist I check for on any consistent basis. 

• Upvote 1

I really don't mind. One of my other faves barely promoted their album minue award shows and I loved it. Janet is my ultimate and I'm loving it even more. The success she's getting without any promo is such a slap in the face to those that said she was forgotten or over and I'll take that. I waited 7 years for the music...not the Ellen/Jimmy style appearances

yup. What I really wanted more than anything was the music and I've gotten it. "Love has taken overrrrrr. " I'm here at 5:09 AM blasting her music. I have gotten no sleeep :lol: 

• Upvote 1

yup. What I really wanted more than anything was the music and I've gotten it. "Love has taken overrrrrr. " I'm here at 5:09 AM blasting her music. I have gotten no sleeep :lol: 

The album is just perfection! There is nothing I don't like about it! I don't think I've played anything else since it came out :lol:

• Upvote 2

The album is just perfection! There is nothing I don't like about it! I don't think I've played anything else since it came out :lol:

She did the damn thing with this album. I'm soooo freaking impressed with her I'm a mess right now :lol: thank goodness I'm on vacation :lol: 

• Upvote 1

LOL @ the era just beginning. We are 5 months in on the 16th. :lmao: 

5 months in to the last era, we had three singles, two Vibe covers, a Parade cover, two TRL appearances + a performance, two 106th and Park appearances, GMA, two album signings and a HOST of other appearances, interviews, and performances. 

Ya'll can sit around and act like you're happy with the era thus far, but the truth will set you free. :lmao: 

First album in 7 years and all you've got to show for it is a 2 minute BET appearance. :lmao: 

• Downvote 1

Obviously Janet's message of growth is not resonating with some of you.  You simply just gotta trust. The era as far as the general public has just begun as of last week. 

"Gonna redefine our attitudes. Like you better be good to me.  And I better be good to you. Love is taking over." 

Edited by freexone9

Im not saying she needs to be on the cover of every mag, be on every talk shows couch, and do every radio show, (it's something we're VERY use to, hell Number Ones was a GH album but she did all of the above for that), BUT....I wanna see her sit n talk, and do like Good Morning America (followed by a live set), and I'd SO love another Oprah interview (if she did a Super Soul Sunday episode based on this album I'd be so scalped, and yall can't say that show aint gettin watched, it's got them Emmys on lock).

Yall cant fault us for taking a minute to  adjust to this because like I said EVERY era (even the Greatest Hit's) has gotten the media rounds treatment, and EPK's, and things where she gives you more insight to making the album at hand, and to jump to have the tour going on, and the album out, ti's taking some getting use to. But then I again say to us who do want those, just keep the eyes open, CLEARLY the era isn't new, but it's FAR from over I think....lets keep the conversation going

• Upvote 1

its not obvious.....she just took a break....and her husband works too, they support one another...I understand that

what do u mean "she took a break" :blink: 

She hasnt been touring that long to "break". She's  just begun. Its not like she canceled a whole week full of dates... that gap had been there since tour dates got released. So one would think the REASON you arent scheduled for any shows during the week of ur album release is because there was at least a thought of actually promoting ur album. Artist dont just take out a block of time from their tour JUST CUS. Its usually cus of other obligations they have 

Trust me I get all of yours enthusiasm to see Janet.....I use to get so excited when i knew she would be performing on some show or something.  God knows my family would get irritated with my excitement to....I would tell everyone to "shut up" whenever it came to Janet being on the T.V. 

But what Janet has done is very rare....she started her tour before the album came out, no interviews with the media.  Also she is communicating directly with her fans via her website and social media and that will grow.  At this point in time the album and the tour is a huge gift and Janet just doesn't care about the media anymore and knows she doesn't need to play their games anymore or pander to them for attention. 

Again.....if Janet gets inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame you can bet she will be performing at the event and it's going to be televised on HBO.  I don't think it's always been televised on HBO so they are planning something big already for this.  Janet is the "wow" factor as far as the nominees and she will be bring in ratings and sell tickets for the show.  Janet has had this "era" mapped out for quite some time now and anything above and beyond what we have now is only going to be more of a surprise and gift to us.  Janet doesn't need to say one word if she doesn't want to.  Her touring is enough but I definitely would want something intimate with her whether it be a televised special or something that she actually creates on her own for us.  Janet is in a special place right now and she's not going to put any pressure on herself that is not needed.  Janet is legend.  I mean her show at the Hollywood Bowl is going to be legendary!!!!!!  That should be televised on HBO!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see her live at the Hollywood Bowl.

• Upvote 1

Trust me I get all of yours enthusiasm to see Janet.....I use to get so excited when i knew she would be performing on some show or something.  God knows my family would get irritated with my excitement to....I would tell everyone to "shut up" whenever it came to Janet being on the T.V. 

But what Janet has done is very rare....she started her tour before the album came out, no interviews with the media.  Also she is communicating directly with her fans via her website and social media and that will grow.  At this point in time the album and the tour is a huge gift and Janet just doesn't care about the media anymore and knows she doesn't need to play their games anymore or pander to them for attention. 

Again.....if Janet gets inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame you can bet she will be performing at the event and it's going to be televised on HBO.  I don't think it's always been televised on HBO so they are planning something big already for this.  Janet is the "wow" factor as far as the nominees and she will be bring in ratings and sell tickets for the show.  Janet has had this "era" mapped out for quite some time now and anything above and beyond what we have now is only going to be more of a surprise and gift to us.  Janet doesn't need to say one word if she doesn't want to.  Her touring is enough but I definitely would want something intimate with her whether it be a televised special or something that she actually creates on her own for us.  Janet is in a special place right now and she's not going to put any pressure on herself that is not needed.  Janet is legend.  I mean her show at the Hollywood Bowl is going to be legendary!!!!!!  That should be televised on HBO!!!!!!!!  I cannot wait to see her live at the Hollywood Bowl.

I'll be there! And yea my family actually would alert me for EVERYTIME they saw a commercial where she'll be on something.....I miss that lol. I still get "Oh I saw the commercial for her tour and I thought of you" LOL.

But yea, she knows what she's doing & why she's doing it, so it is what it is, it's not like this era is sloppily being thrown together, everything has been in the works, and has been for a very long time.

LOL @ the era just beginning. We are 5 months in on the 16th. :lmao: 

5 months in to the last era, we had three singles, two Vibe covers, a Parade cover, two TRL appearances + a performance, two 106th and Park appearances, GMA, two album signings and a HOST of other appearances, interviews, and performances. 

Ya'll can sit around and act like you're happy with the era thus far, but the truth will set you free. :lmao: 

First album in 7 years and all you've got to show for it is a 2 minute BET appearance. :lmao: 

I'm very happy. Ain't no pretending over here

• Upvote 1