Janet releasing holiday music?

kaeh1213

It's kind of buried in this new Billboard story, but there is a mention of Janet possibly recording/releasing holiday music: 

http://m.billboard.com/v/News/JanetJacksonsNo1

seems a little odd to me, since she didn't celebrate the holidays growing up... But holiday music is usually a best seller. Just ask Mariah. ;)

don't ask Mariah :umm: 

She celebrated the holidays for over 30 years... How is that odd?

I hate those pictures of Janet.  JD really did a number on her to get her to do Maxim or FHM Magazine.  Her legs look great but the art direction and styling for this photoshoot were just horrid.  Awful....just awful. 

I agree. I don't like those pics and during that whole era there was something different about her face. I don't think she was too happy during that 20 Y.O. era

I wish people would stop blaming JD, as if Janet was a defenseless little girl with no brain, and did this against her will. I think Janet simply went through a period of rebellion, against the media, and even some of her fans, who turned their backs on her after the SB crap. That was one frustrating era. I agree, I hate thise pics. Janet looked odd.

• Upvote 1

I think JD is given too much shtick. I kind of feel like we do Janet a disservice by blaming him or Gil for everything that went wrong but praise her when they go right tbh. 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 3

Omg it's coming!!!

2XxZP.jpg

I'll never forget when we did this three years ago. I still can't believe we came up with this. Part of me hopes she sees it and gets a laugh out of it, but I won't take credit for my part if she asked haha.

I wish people would stop blaming JD, as if Janet was a defenseless little girl with no brain, and did this against her will. I think Janet simply went through a period of rebellion, against the media, and even some of her fans, who turned their backs on her after the SB crap. That was one frustrating era. I agree, I hate thise pics. Janet looked odd.

You are right.....Janet ultimately makes her own decisions but JD did have a huge influence on Janet and introduced her to a different lifestyle.  Janet was hitting the clubs more, going to strip clubs with JD, as well as not caring if someone saw her a little tipsy or stoned.  I'm just saying Janet would never have done a photoshoot like this in my opinion had it not been for JD's influence on her.  Janet is down to showing skin we know that but usually she does it in a very classy way or artistic way and these shots look and smell cheap cheap cheap like JD.  But at the end she chose to do it.  And maybe that is why she was with JD because he allowed her to experience this world of "hood" that maybe she wanted to know what it was like to be a part of it to a certain extent. 

• Upvote 2

I'll never forget when we did this three years ago. I still can't believe we came up with this. Part of me hopes she sees it and gets a laugh out of it, but I won't take credit for my part if she asked haha.

lmao it was so much fun!! The amount of happy tears I shed from laughing :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Like those pics, Janet releasing Holiday music gets a side-eye from me. Holiday music is cheesy and Ive always looked at Janet to be above that kind of thing but then again this is the same woman who starred in three Tyler Perry movies so she has courted cheesy before.

Like those pics, Janet releasing Holiday music gets a side-eye from me. Holiday music is cheesy and Ive always looked at Janet to be above that kind of thing but then again this is the same woman who starred in three Tyler Perry movies so she has courted cheesy before.

Yup.....she almost had it right!  Damn damn damn.  I just wish she had chosen to continue doing the Lee Daniel's movie Tennessee instead of recording Discipline.  She would have saved us all from dong WDIGMT.  Though I love that staircase scene where all the girls surround Janet and let her cry.