The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

She doesn't want to be out while he's out at all. It's not about opinions and/or stats of the remainder of the year. His crown is a threat to her, period. Not to mention all these big females releasing 4th quarter..she ain't stupid

according to her label.. her album is going to be "epic".. opinions?

Eminem, Rihanna Rule Hot 100 With 'The Monster'

The pair scores a historic topper: Rihanna ties Michael Jackson for the third-most leaders (13) in the Hot 100's history, while Eminem ties for the most No. 1s (five) among rappers

Eminem and featured artist Rihanna roar 2-1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with their collaboration "The Monster," which gives each artist a new slice of history in the chart's 55-year archives. The song also shoots 4-1 on the Radio Songs airplay chart, where Rihanna adds more accolades.

With the coronation, the pair dethrones Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball," which had returned to the top of the Hot 100 last week for a third cumulative week at No. 1.

As we do each Wednesday, let's dig into the numbers behind this week's top 10, going especially Rihanna- and Eminem-centric in honor of each's latest trip to the summit.

Impressively, Rihanna ties Michael Jackson for the third-most leaders in the Hot 100's history. Now with 13, she passes Madonna and the Supremes, each with 12. Upon the chart-topping ascent of "The Monster," here's an updated look at the acts with the most No. 1s dating to the Hot 100's Aug. 4, 1958, inception:

20, the Beatles

18, Mariah Carey

13, Michael Jackson

13, Rihanna

12, Madonna

12, the Supremes

11, Whitney Houston

10, Janet Jackson

10, Stevie Wonder

From her first week at No. 1 on the Hot 100 with "SOS" (May 13, 2006) through this week's chart (dated Dec. 21, 2013), Rihanna's registered 13 leaders in a span of seven years, seven months and eight days, marking the fastest run to the sum by a woman; Mariah Carey took a slightly longer seven-year, eight-month and 19-day route (from 1990's "Vision of Love" through 1998's "My All"). Only the Beatles reached 13 No. 1s more quickly: just three years and 17 days between 1964's "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and 1967's "Penny Lane." (The other of the four acts with at least 13 leaders, Michael Jackson, spanned nearly 23 years between 1972's "Ben," his first solo No. 1 apart from the Jackson Five, and 1995's "You Are Not Alone.")

"The Monster" is Eminem and Rihanna's second shared Hot 100 No. 1. The two teamed for "Love the Way You Lie" (with Rihanna also in a featured role; she's boasted lead billing on 10 of her 13 No. 1s). The song topped the chart for seven weeks in 2010. Bonus fun fact: the last two solo artists to pair for multiple Hot 100 No. 1s prior to Eminem and Rihanna? Nelly Furtado and Timbaland. With Furtado as the lead act, "Promiscuous" led for six weeks in 2006. In 2007, they reversed roles (and added fellow featured artist Justin Timberlake) on "Give It to Me," which ruled for two frames.

"The Monster" climbs to the Hot 100's top perch with another coronation, and more honors for Rihanna: it charges 4-1 on Radio Songs, gaining by 13% to 135 million in all-format audience impressions, according to Nielsen BDS (and claims the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer award for a fifth straight week). With the jump, Rihanna passes Mariah Carey, 12 to 11, for the most No. 1s in the airplay chart's 23-year history. Usher ranks third with seven Radio Songs No. 1s. "The Monster" is Eminem's third topper on the ranking.

The track racks a fourth week atop the On-Demand Songs chart (2.4 million U.S. streams, according to BDS, up 6%), while reaching a new peak (4-2) on Streaming Songs (5.4 million, down 5%). It holds at No. 2 on Digital Songs (after three weeks at No. 1) with 186,000 downloads sold (down 19%), according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As previously reported, "The Monster" takes over atop the Pop Songs and Rap Airplay radio-based charts this week; on the former, she passes Katy Perry for the most No. 1s (11) on the chart's 21-year history. The song concurrently spends a sixth week at No. 1 on both the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and Rap Songs rankings.

Ah right, there are other songs in the Hot 100's top 10 this week. :asham:

3yw.gif

One of them was mad last week on twitter when I responded to Billboard. :asham: Now that she's surpassed her, they are talking about her "features" that are number 1. :asham:

you knew that was gonna happen. didn't a select few do the same thing here? -_-:lol: Next up are the lambs and you know they are gonna do the absolute most. If Eminem was a shady queen, he would put Rihanna on a couple of other songs so she can take that Mariah crown in no time.

you knew that was gonna happen. didn't a select few do the same thing here? -_-:lol: Next up are the lambs and you know they are gonna do the absolute most. If Eminem was a shady queen, he would put Rihanna on a couple of other songs so she can take that Mariah crown in no time.

The ultimate is passing the BEATLES. The internet and the world won't be the same. :asham: She'll probably do that in 5 years.

Z0b1tVO.gif

• Upvote 2

now u know they are NOT gonna let that happen. -_- If that does come to pass, I will actually believe that Rihanna is an Illuminati Queen Supreme. :rolleyes:

I don't think they will let it happen..just like with TM..I bet they was like hell naw..this bitch will not pass the QOP Madonna..but Rihanna's power. ec20fb7f.gif

Nothing will stop her. :shifty:

I actually don't miss her right now... I'm good with her taking her time.

Not in a shady way :coffee:

You're fine. I'm glad she's not releasing new music yet either. "What Now" being released was a shocker..

The collabo with Eminem and Shakira should hold us over until her rihdomination in 2014.

I miss following the tour and seeing new pictures/hairstyles/video clips every week. It's already been a month since the tour ended and it doesn't feel like it. I hope she does take like a three month break and by summer, comes back to give the world what they want and need!

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end

TOP ARTISTS - Rihanna #4

HOT 100 SONGS - Stay #13 ; Diamonds #27 ; Pour It Up #70

HOT 100 ARTISTS - #5 Rihanna

BILLBOARD 200 ALBUMS - #10 Unapologetic

BILLBOARD 200 ARTISTS - #14 Rihanna

RADIO SONGS - #7 Stay

RADIO SONGS ARTISTS - #3 Rihanna

DIGITAL SONGS - #10 Stay ; #33 Diamonds

DIGITAL SONGS ARTISTS - #6 Rihanna

ADULT CONTEMPORARY SONGS - #8 Stay

RINGTONES - #14 Diamonds, #34 Stay, #44 Pour It Up