• Created
  • Last Reply

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Volta, have you ever seen this? I like the spin she put on the verses

oh she can't sing alright :lmao:

i love it :wub:

and let's just hold hands and sing in Unison for this STUNNING performance

:wub:

oh and i LOVE how the title for Kelis is "Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is " despite the fact that Kelis during her Tasty era was bigger WW then Nas could ever be :lmao: #failshade

They're too fixated on the production of her songs to even notice.

:thumbdown:

It's got nothing to do with the "production", not for me at least :rolleyes:

I think Kelis is just ridiculously underrated, in every aspect.

I bet you haven't even heard 10% of her catalog, yet you're badmouthing her.

I'm not just coming down on you, the bulk of people who talk negatively of her

tend to do so without truly being aware of her music. They base their opinion

off of "Milkshake" & "Bossy" . . . two of the least vocally charged songs in her

catalog :sigh:

:thumbdown:

It's got nothing to do with the "production", not for me at least :rolleyes:

I think Kelis is just ridiculously underrated, in every aspect.

I bet you haven't even heard 10% of her catalog, yet you're badmouthing her.

I'm not just coming down on you, the bulk of people who talk negatively of her

tend to do so without truly being aware of her music. They base their opinion

off of "Milkshake" & "Bossy" . . . two of the least vocally charged songs in her

catalog :sigh:

Boo hoo! Cry me a river! :rolleyes:

I've heard plenty of Kelis songs to come to the conclusion that she can't sing AT ALL. So try again.

They don't know, they just don't know :lmao:

:blush: :blush: :blush:

YESSSSSS!!!! I posted that earlier! One of her greatest performances ever :excited: :excited: :excited:

She KILL'T it!

most of the people don't even know half of her catalogue anyway :lol: She has a very raspy kinda voice.

This Keis can't sing Myth is to a certain extent the same one as Macy Gray can't sing but i can see why people say that about Macy cuz she can be REALLY off and it can get ugly really bad :lol: :lol:

for old times sake

Boo hoo! Cry me a river! :rolleyes:

I've heard plenty of Kelis songs to come to the conclusion that she can't sing AT ALL. So try again.

I'm not crying you anything, homez :lmao:

I'm not even going to argue with you, because you pretty much proved my point

one could come to the conclusion that you more than likely haven't heard anything

except singles :lol:

Good for you though :thumbup: Go run along and listen to some Mya :)

I'm not crying you anything, homez :lmao:

I'm not even going to argue with you, because you pretty much proved my point

one could come to the conclusion that you more than likely haven't heard anything

except singles :lol:

Good for you though :thumbup: Go run along and listen to some Mya :)

You never made a point. How could you come to the conclusion that I haven't listened to anything but her singles ? You make no sense and I'm not here for your failed assumptions. By the way, I don't listen to Mya but I do know she can sing better than Kelis. Now run along and go play Kelis's certified plastic CDs :wave:

most of the people don't even know half of her catalogue anyway :lol: She has a very raspy kinda voice.

This Keis can't sing Myth is to a certain extent the same one as Macy Gray can't sing but i can see why people say that about Macy cuz she can be REALLY off and it can get ugly really bad :lol: :lol:

for old times sake

I think you're cutting them a helluva lot of slack . . . I'd say they know less that 10% -_-

But, it's whatever. I look at it this way: "You cannot hand an illiterate man some Shakespeare and expect his dumb ass to read it". This is on that level :yep:

and since we are talking about "Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is" :lmao:i'd like to add that Kaleidoscope , Wanderland and Kelis Was Here are masterpieces :wub:

one of the few artists who does not have a bad album :wub:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: TELL IT LIKE IT FUCKIN IS! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I think "Tasty" was brilliant also! First half for the young, last half for the grown and sexy :wub::blush:

You never made a point. How could you come to the conclusion that I haven't listened to anything but her singles ? You make no sense and I'm not here for your failed assumptions. By the way, I don't listen to Mya but I do know she can sing better than Kelis. Now run along and go play Kelis's certified plastic CDs :wave:

:lol:

I can just tell you haven't . . . you reek of ignorance. -_-

Don't worry, I will -- I own ERR SINGLE ONE OF DEM PLASTIC CERTIFIED BANGERS! :dance::excited::dance::excited:

Well her status says something else..so we can move right along :crazy:

TOF..plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stop! :lmao: There was NO way in hell Ashanti would have topped Bee(drama present or not). Beyonce -the solo act, was fresh and new. We'd already had Ashanti. She was a leftover TV dinner that we didnt have too much of a desire for once the juicy STEAK entered in the room. WHAT DONT YOU GET? Lets not give Shanti too much..she was limited anyway..and only blew up because of hype, mainly (the fact that her career did a down spiral only proves that).She was an "It" girl for a moment and we moved on.SIMPLE.

And you still did not tell me how would Murder Inc shit affect her sales..she was still promoting and doing EVERYTHING an artist does to try to keep their album afloat on Billboard.And you still have not came to the conclusion of why Mya didn't do well during that time? Hmmm..what about Monica? Why do you think she tanked along with them? MIND YOU..Monica was having hit singles..but still not getting anywhere. Plz explain since you think this had nothing to do with Beyonce's arrival.

And another thing. EVERY artist has their year which means that artists is gonna outshine EVERYONE that particular year. Thats what we're saying...thats all we're saying,really. Lauryn had her year...Alicia had hers...Ashanti had hers,then it was Bee's time but what happened during Bee's time is that she outshined them so much to where they haven't resurfaced or recovered since her wrath.How do you explain that? I would like to know.

Let me preface this by saying I am not a Ashanti fan AT ALL! lol I know how the girls are (not you dayz lol) they love to think you're automatically a stan if you say something in defense of someone else (even though I'm not really defending Ashanti lol)

You don't know that because the drama at Murder inc hindered Ashanti's career. That is the point with Ashanti and others, people (mostly Bey's stans) want to act as if Beyonce took over the game and ran with it, and no one else could/can compete. That's simply not the case.

If the label that supports you is on the brink of being dissolved completely it's going to hinder your career. To paraphrase Janet yet again, the artist can't do on their own, the label has to be there to support them...and I'm referring to the point after Ashanti's Chapter II and if you research it, it was just after that point that Murder Inc's drama really began to take shape.

If your answer had anything to do with Beyonce, then yes I'm still looking for viable information regarding what happened to Mya. :coffee: As for Monica, if I'm not mistaken she released some stuff that didn't catch on (I think one of the tracks featured a sample of Mike's PYT) she went back in the studio and came back with the "After The Storm" CD which was a hit for her.

Careers falter in the music industry all the time, but to attribute certain artists faltering to Beyonce is silly. Again, you and her stans act as if she released her "Thriller" album and simply dominated the game and no one could catch a break. That didn't happen. She found success as a solo artist and has been able to maintain that success, but she's not destroying careers with her releases. As Janet said, there is room for everybody.

:lol:

I can just tell you haven't . . . you reek of ignorance. -_-

Don't worry, I will -- I own ERR SINGLE ONE OF DEM PLASTIC CERTIFIED BANGERS! :dance::excited::dance::excited:

No, you're just upset and DEAD at "you reek of ignorance". Says the person that thinks WCIS is Janet's best vocal performance. Have several seats, moose.

These other bitches just couldn't make music like this :blush: :blush: :blush:

Credit to The Neptunes.

No, you're just upset and DEAD at "you reek of ignorance". Says the person that thinks WCIS is Janet's best vocal performance. Have several seats, moose.

Credit to The Neptunes.

What? :lmao: Okaaaaaaay.

Yes, I DO think that Janet's best vocal performance is "What Can I Say" :excited: :excited: :excited: Thanks for the reminder :thumbup: She MERKED them vocals. Strength was used! Range was shown! Crisp, confident, fearless delivery! What can I say (lol) she truly delivered the goods on that track. :blush: :blush: :blush: I'm not the only one who feels that way . . . Check the comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMxq8k5ADpo

Credit to KELIS :dance: Though I LOVE the Neps, she proved she DIDN'T NEED Pharrell or Chad on "Tasty", "Kelis Was Here" & "Fleshtone"

:wave:

Let me preface this by saying I am not a Ashanti fan AT ALL! lol I know how the girls are (not you dayz lol) they love to think you're automatically a stan if you say something in defense of someone else (even though I'm not really defending Ashanti lol)

You don't know that because the drama at Murder inc hindered Ashanti's career. That is the point with Ashanti and others, people (mostly Bey's stans) want to act as if Beyonce took over the game and ran with it, and no one else could/can compete. That's simply not the case.

If the label that supports you is on the brink of being dissolved completely it's going to hinder your career. To paraphrase Janet yet again, the artist can't do on their own, the label has to be there to support them...and I'm referring to the point after Ashanti's Chapter II and if you research it, it was just after that point that Murder Inc's drama really began to take shape.

If your answer had anything to do with Beyonce, then yes I'm still looking for viable information regarding what happened to Mya. :coffee: As for Monica, if I'm not mistaken she released some stuff that didn't catch on (I think one of the tracks featured a sample of Mike's PYT) she went back in the studio and came back with the "After The Storm" CD which was a hit for her.

Careers falter in the music industry all the time, but to attribute certain artists faltering to Beyonce is silly. Again, you and her stans act as if she released her "Thriller" album and simply dominated the game and no one could catch a break. That didn't happen. She found success as a solo artist and has been able to maintain that success, but she's not destroying careers with her releases. As Janet said, there is room for everybody.

All Im saying is it was BEYONCE'S TIME.PERIOD ..she outshined them because it was DESTINED.It was already written in the stars -if you will :lol: For you to act like Murder Inc situation really fucked up things for Ashanti is still not connecting. It would only make sense if SHE had stopped promoting due to all that drama..but she was promoting as much as Beyonce was.The machine behind Ashanti had never stopped. And Imma need receipts of when all this Murder Inc issue started taking place because I could have swore it was alot later..towards the end of her era.She ahad alread sold the bulk of what she was gonna sell.

You have remember when Beyonce came along it was HUGE,not Thriller..but she came in a big way. The bitch is a GREAT performer and ppl simply traded in their Ashanti card for a Beyonce card. Like honestly,if you go see one live,which would you go to? Im not gonna be content with a lil bag of peanuts if its candy galore to my right.

Archived