ROUND 3 IS HERE!!! .. WHO'S THE BETTER SINGER

janetDAYZ

18 members have voted

1. 1. who's a better singer

• Minnie Mouse
    • Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is

I usually don't pay any attention to, or entertain your little smart ass remarks and replies to various threads on here since the last time I had to put you in your place, but I will do so this time:

Who the hell are you? :lol: I can "judge" anyone's vocals if I damn well please. It's called me having an opinion -- which is JUST as good and valid as any one else's. Including your's, Miss High & Mighty. :rolleyes:

I think "What Can I Say" is Janet's BEST vocal. Nothing you say will change my mind. Get over it. And please, do yourself a favor and go sit your ass down somewhere. Clearly you must still be a little ornery and bothered by Elixabef owning you in the "5 Dolla Footlong" thread. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean for real, dude is a clown and he gets off cyber creepin' around on a Janet Jacskon forum attempting to portray some sort of "Janet Stan King" -- thinkin' he's somehow above everyone else. You'd think Janet came down and knighted his ass or something. :rolleyes:

SIT. DOWN. DUKEY.

I have my opinions, and you have your's. Mine doesn't interest you -- and as you can see: CLEARLY I couldn't care ANY less about YOUR'S. I don't care what your opinion is of my favorite Janet vocal, I don't care what your opinion is of my favorite Janet song, I don't care what you think of my OFF THE CHAIN VOCAL ABILITIES :excited: . . . I don't care about anything you have to say. I wouldn't mind it if you were completely deleted off the face of the Earth -- simply because you really are a nobody to me.

You can continue to quote my posts and/or respond to me in the future, but I hope errthang I just said has marinated in your brain. Know that what you "say" has gone in one eye and out the other. And don't expect any further responses to the ridiculous, corny, tired, blah-blah-blah bullshit that comes from your keyboard.

You are done. Buh-bye :wave:

I mean for real, dude is a clown and he gets off cyber creepin' around on a Janet Jacskon forum attempting to portray some sort of "Janet Stan King" -- thinkin' he's somehow above everyone else. You'd think Janet came down and knighted his ass or something. :rolleyes:

SIT. DOWN. DUKEY.

I have my opinions, and you have your's. Mine doesn't interest you -- and as you can see: CLEARLY I couldn't care ANY less about YOUR'S. I don't care what your opinion is of my favorite Janet vocal, I don't care what your opinion is of my favorite Janet song, I don't care what you think of my OFF THE CHAIN VOCAL ABILITIES :excited: . . . I don't care about anything you have to say. I wouldn't mind it if you were completely deleted off the face of the Earth -- simply because you really are a nobody to me.

You can continue to quote my posts and/or respond to me in the future, but I hope errthang I just said has marinated in your brain. Know that what you "say" has gone in one eye and out the other. And don't expect any further responses to the ridiculous, corny, tired, blah-blah-blah bullshit that comes from your keyboard.

You are done. Buh-bye :wave:

We all know. I guess it gives him some sort of validation that must be absent in real life. Ppl using the net to fill empty voids in their everyday lives is quite...depressing.

TOF ..An investigation on Gotti did NOT stop it being a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. NOTHING STOPPED in regards to the Ashanti machine. She was their BIGGEST artist. You think Gotti was gonna let them keep him from cashing in on his cash cow. He's about making his paper.The investigation, is shit goin on in the background that had no EFFECT on what Ashanti was doing. MY GOD. Again,they didn't use that excuse so why are you? THEY CLEARLY SAID WHY THEY LOST TO BEYONCE!It would in fact be much easier and a lesser blow for them to blame it on the Inc bullshit but they DIDN'T. You are completely ignoring EVERYTHING that took place and thats what makes your argument laughable. I'm giving you quotes..Im giving you facts...yet you are still coming with the "maybe this and maybe that" ..and that DOES NOT FLY,GIVE IT UP!

And you are REALLY in denial if you think Beyonce wasn't gonna shine regardless of those circumstance taking place.

1) She's a bonafied talent that really can't be matched. (She's the best at what she does)

2) She was just coming off of one of the most successful GIRL GROUPS IN HISTORY

3) She already had a great relationship with Columbia..and they were ready to cash in.

4) She WAS Destiny's Child..she carried the group on her shoulders....

With all those things...she was DESTINED to breakout in a big way. C'mon now. You cant have a better set up for a SOLO career than that. She played the HELL out of her cards and it all worked because she had the right ingredients and formula. It wasn't one person or circumstance that was gonna stop this mastermind plan.

Now,Gotti. TOF ...When the REAL SHIT went down with Murder Inc it was way after the Chapter II era ...It was too fresh to have affected that era. The trial didnt start until early 05'. They worked ALL thru 03-05. Ashanti even released Concrete Rose in the last quarter of 04'(And promoted it,performing ONLY YOU so many times..my head was spinning). You act like the investigation brought everything to a hault!. If so..then why did other releases occur..like another Ja Rule album,Lloyd album..and another Ashanti album.THEY STILL HAD A BUSINESS TO RUN..and they were gonna deal with it when it came to them (meaning the trial).If any album by Ashanti got affected by the bullshit it would be the Concrete Rose album..NOT CHAPTER II (and even to say it fucked up shit for Concrete Rose is a stretch). but Chapter II was free and in the clear..It had the oppurtunity to do what it could do. Just move on.

As far as you talking to Austin about that beyonce did it by herself shit. I do agree with you. I will say I do recall her label NOT too impressed with what Beyonce brought them..but after "Crazy In Love" hit..they had NO CHOICE but to back her because they realized Beyonce tapped into the core of something that was catching everyone's attention and just as business men they would have been fools to not capitalize on it. I hope Austin really doesnt believe that Columbia didn't support her at that hit,if thats what you were saying he said. :blink: But this situation with Ashanti IS different. The label was still functioning..as I keep reiterating. They still have a job to do and bring in revenue. You act like you don't know how investigations work. ITS ALL BACKGROUND WORK. Nothing about it keeps them from doing what they would normally do as a label.PERIOD.

And I dont recall bringing up Brandy because she was never relevant to the discussion because I always felt Monica,Ashnti and Mya were Beyonce's victims becuz they all dropped ,practically..at the same time in the summer of 03'. So Brandy was never apart of this discussion or even In my mind..I really dont recall bringing her up.

But that Monica thing is still not good..not even for her! It STRUGGLED to go GOLD,period. Thats not a good thing for anyone who have two triple plat certified albums. It probably took a year and a half to two years to finally hit plat. Beyonce was the MAIN focus..and outshined all her comp and thats why Mya got overlooked. Ashanti was affected the less..then Monica,then Mya.

And to Legend question thing ..."Its room for everyone" only in a way to replacing the top bitches..not as in..142132456 artists ALL being successful at the same time.THERE'S A DIFFERENCE,especially in today's music. Thats why I initially stated "that room for everybody" statement isnt as prevalent TODAY. It's usually only so many spots available nowadays. Back in the 90s you had more of a bulk of successful artists. There was more room to succeed back then.

I saw your reply last night, but I couldn't respond then... I'm back now *cracks knuckles* lol

The investigation and other drama is what led the Inc's parent label not renewing their contract and why Gotti and the artists under his label were without a home for TWO YEARS!

All of that drama is going to have an effect on even the biggest artist. Of course, it's going to effect Ashanti.

I understand Beyonce's position upon releasing her first solo effort, that doesn't mean that all of the cards were going to fall into place for her...even after having a big year she STILL could've faced major competition but the way things played out for other artists were beneficial to her career and building upon his first success. Now if you and her stans were to say Beyonce BENEFITED from what was going on in the industry and other careers that's ENTIRELY different thing than saying she's responsible for killing careers and preventing others from having success...that is ludicrous and silly at best.

The investigation and what was going on at Murder Inc overshadowed Chapter II's success and it you really saw the impact of what was going on at the label upon Ashanti's release of "Concrete Rose".

As for those other releases you mentioned, Muder Inc was still obligated to it's artist to put out product and they had a contract to fulfill with it's parent label...and as we've both mentioned Irv is a cocky bastard and probably didn't think the investigation and him being charged with a crime that involved his label, wouldn't have an effect on his business, but as evidenced by what took place it OBVIOUSLY did.

What I was saying to Austineisha is that the label realized the potential of Beyonce's DIL cd before it was released. They may have said there were no hits initially, but someone at the label thankfully saw the potential and got behind the record. As for how this applies to Ashanti, yes the label was still functioning, or attempting to function, but things were obviously falling apart behind the scenes. Which is what effected Ashanti in the end, that drama...it's always what we (as the public) don't see that plays a huge role in an artist's record and career (that's something I've learned over the years as fan of both Mike and Janet and watching them go through various things in the industry).

I'm not sure about you mentioning Brandy, but I do remember you bringing up a few R&B females as being Bey's victims, I thought Brandy was one of them you listed, but I could be wrong.

I don't recall Monica struggling to go gold (I could be wrong though). I do know that After The Storm actually scanned 1 million copies. Unlike one of her other albums which scanned 2 million, but has a 3 million cert. That's why I say it was good for Monica.

Again, the point is not that Beyonce outshined her competition, that's a given looking at the stats alone. The point is that she didn't kill the careers of her competition, that's what we're debating about.

Monica sold well, Ashanti's did well (even with the drama at Murder Inc, which would have a bigger and more noticeable effect on her follow up CD), we still haven't established what happened to Mya, lol...and Brandy was having trouble before Beyonce's solo release. Therefore, again...Beyonce becoming a solo artist did not "kill careers".

No, not 1 billion artists will all be successful, and that wasn't the case even in the 90's. What I'm saying is there is room for those who garner the public's attention (for lack of a better way of putting it) to be successful and have a sustained career. Even with the Beyonce's, Rihanna's, and Gaga's being the "top bitches". However, the music industry is very fast pace and cut throat, careers go through "down points" all the time. In no way should those "down points" be attributed to the success of one person.

Sorry I was busy focusing on my little debate with Dayz.... What else is going on in this thread? :unsure:

lol

There's a lot, I read the whole thread:

Sphenx and Artisthekey is talking about Kelis not being a good singer. She decent from the videos I watched that were posted in here. Artisthekey, as I can tell, isn't taking her foot off any of these bitches throats. I don't blame here.

LyricalSession keeps pushing his failed ass opinion thinking WCIS is a good vocal, when I already told him it's not. The sad part is that he calls himself a singer, but got dragged from three ways from Saturday in his own thread about his singing.

You are still on this ridiculous tirade that Beyonce didn't end Ashanti and all them other girls' careers when it's clear that she did. You just need to give it up and admit that she did.

:lol:

Fools posting their usual foolishness :rolleyes:<_<

Austineisha doing too much as usual :rolleyes:

There's a lot, I read the whole thread:

Sphenx and Artisthekey is talking about Kelis not being a good singer. She decent from the videos I watched that were posted in here. Artisthekey, as I can tell, isn't taking her foot off any of these bitches throats. I don't blame here.

LyricalSession keeps pushing his failed ass opinion thinking WCIS is a good vocal, when I already told him it's not. The sad part is that he calls himself a singer, but got dragged from three ways from Saturday in his own thread about his singing.

You are still on this ridiculous tirade that Beyonce didn't end Ashanti and all them other girls' careers when it's clear that she did. You just need to give it up and admit that she did.

Well I watched some the videos, Kelis is actually better than I thought. This was actually a legitimate "Who's Better" poll... +1 for Dayz! :thumbup: lol

WCIS is a good vocal... :rolleyes: I've read plenty of comments from people stating just how good that vocal is and how they're shocked it's Janet...and Lyrical is a good singer too! :rolleyes: *plays his acapella of Janet's "Nothing" and "Can't Be Good" :dance: )

Don't you come in here adding your foolishness to my debate with Dayz :rolleyes:

Well I watched some the videos, Kelis is actually better than I thought. This was actually a legitimate "Who's Better" poll... +1 for Dayz! :thumbup: lol

WCIS is a good vocal... :rolleyes: I've read plenty of comments from people stating just how good that vocal is and how they're shocked it's Janet...and Lyrical is a good singer too! :rolleyes: *plays his acapella of Janet's "Nothing" and "Can't Be Good" :dance: )

Don't you come in here adding your foolishness to my debate with Dayz :rolleyes:

I've never cared for Kelis or Mya (although "Fallin" is my shit). And I just flat out don't use Kelis. But if I had to choose, I would say Mya simply because she knows how to use her voice.

WCIS is not a good vocal. Anyone who knows vocals, which obviously isn't you or LyricSessions, would tell you singing in a key that's too high is not "a good vocal". And I don't care for his existence too much to listen to any of his videos. After DJ-Y2K scalped him in his own thread, there was not need for me to listen to his vids.

And I did not add anything to YOUR foolishness. I supported Dayz' argument because you are just plain wrong and you know it. If you think Beyonce didn't end the careers of the other girls, why haven't they had any success as of late? I don't included Monica in there because her last two albums did decent.

That was my whole first initial argument. Kelis isn't the most wildly famous and well known chick in the game, so I knew that the bulk of people who "know" her may not actually "know" her catalog. They know her from the limited singles she's had in the states. The woman is a heckuva lot more talented than she gets credit for. I love her :blush:

I can completely understand someone not thinking "What Can I Say" isn't Janet's best vocal simply because everyone's entitled to their own opinion . . . but for someone to say it's NOT a good vocal at all :blink: and attack another's vocal ability and knowledge of vocals/music based on an opinion of another artist's song? That's dumb, to say the least. Like you said, PLENTY of people feel it's some of Janet's strongest vocals ever. All who don't believe that need to check comments on "WCIS" videos on the 'net.

:clapping::blush: :blush: :blush: Thank you for the love TOF! Haha, I almost forgot I covered "Nothing" . . . I had to look it up :asham:

I've never cared for Kelis or Mya (although "Fallin" is my shit). And I just flat out don't use Kelis. But if I had to choose, I would say Mya simply because she knows how to use her voice.

WCIS is not a good vocal. Anyone who knows vocals, which obviously isn't you or LyricSessions, would tell you singing in a key that's too high is not "a good vocal". And I don't care for his existence too much to listen to any of his videos. After DJ-Y2K scalped him in his own thread, there was not need for me to listen to his vids.

And I did not add anything to YOUR foolishness. I supported Dayz' argument because you are just plain wrong and you know it. If you think Beyonce didn't end the careers of the other girls, why haven't they had any success as of late? I don't included Monica in there because her last two albums did decent.

I choose Mya too, but I actually liked some of the things they posted from Kelis.

WCIS is a good vocal :rolleyes: The key is not too high, and you never hear Janet struggling at any point in the song. :rolleyes: Lyrical has a good voice, you should listen to some of his stuff on youtube ^_^

You're adding YOUR foolishness to this legitimate debate because you obviously stan for Bey. :sigh: As I told dayz Beyonce didn't end careers, so much as she benefited from other things going on in the other aforementioned artist's careers. That's ENTIRELY different than saying her solo success killed careers, because she hasn't had that type of dominating solo success. As I pointed out the drama with Ashanti's label effected her, Monica did just fine, Brandy was having issues before Beyonce's solo success...and no still knows what happened to Mya :unsure:-_-:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: I now remember what Dukey booty is talking about. DJY2k posted me covering Bieber's "Somebody To Love" which is definitely not my "strongest" material :lol: A few posters had their little laughs, which were then SILENCED when I posted my LIVE COVER of "Hey Soul Sister" :dance: Which people around here praised and enjoyed. Dukey can call it what he wants, but it ended in succes for me :coffee:

Anyway, it's hilarious that Sir Dukey Pants continues to bring up and critique MY songs and vocals like I'm a celebrity and this thread is pitting ME against Kelis & Mya. Looks like you have me on signed recording artists' level. I win, again :thumbup:

That was my whole first initial argument. Kelis isn't the most wildly famous and well known chick in the game, so I knew that the bulk of people who "know" her may not actually "know" her catalog. They know her from the limited singles she's had in the states. The woman is a heckuva lot more talented than she gets credit for. I love her :blush:

I can completely understand someone not thinking "What Can I Say" isn't Janet's best vocal simply because everyone's entitled to their own opinion . . . but for someone to say it's NOT a good vocal at all :blink: and attack another's vocal ability and knowledge of vocals/music based on an opinion of another artist's song? That's dumb, to say the least. Like you said, PLENTY of people feel it's some of Janet's strongest vocals ever. All who don't believe that need to check comments on "WCIS" videos on the 'net.

:clapping::blush: :blush: :blush: Thank you for the love TOF! Haha, I almost forgot I covered "Nothing" . . . I had to look it up :asham:

I definitely was basing my opinions on her "well known" singles in the states, and I think the majority of them are not spectacular vocally, but I agree from what I heard, she's definitely talented and underrated as a vocalist.

I don't know what Austineisha and others have against you. :unsure: You're not constantly being messy in threads on the forum. I don't get the hate :unsure:

No prob ^_^

I choose Mya too, but I actually liked some of the things they posted from Kelis.

WCIS is a good vocal :rolleyes: The key is not too high, and you never hear Janet struggling at any point in the song. :rolleyes: Lyrical has a good voice, you should listen to some of his stuff on youtube ^_^

You're adding YOUR foolishness to this legitimate debate because you obviously stan for Bey. :sigh: As I told dayz Beyonce didn't end careers, so much as she benefited from other things going on in the other aforementioned artist's careers. That's ENTIRELY different than saying her solo success killed careers, because she hasn't had that type of dominating solo success. As I pointed out the drama with Ashanti's label effected her, Monica did just fine, Brandy was having issues before Beyonce's solo success...and no still knows what happened to Mya :unsure:-_-:lmao: :lmao:

WCIS is not a good vocal. :lmao: It's not a matter of struggling for notes, it's a matter of the key being too high. There's a reason why Janet doesn't access the upper register in a number of her songs. And it's quite contradictory to see how some ppl will argue that just because Janet isn't belting at the top of her lungs doesn't mean she can't sing, but then turn around and praise the hell out of songs when she is belting. Hypocrisy in its purest form.

And you must have missed THIS post. You can make those arguments. But what happened with Brandy's "Human"? Mya's "Sugar and Spice"? Ashanti's "The Declaration"? If Beyonce didn't end their careers, why weren't those albums successful? :coffee: Nobody cares about them because we have Beyonce. Whatever Brandy, Ashanti, Mya, Amerie, etc can all do, Beyonce can do better. That's why they are no longer needed.

And I know I told you girls about cosigning yourself.

Some people are too stubborn to actually take in and attempt to understand others' opinions when it differs from their own. There is absolutely NO struggle in Janet's vocals. Nothing but power, emotion, and strong vocals that just keep getting more and more prominent as the song goes on. I'm honestly shocked that some don't hear it.

As for him listening to my stuff, I am convinced he already has. :wave:

I definitely was basing my opinions on her "well known" singles in the states, and I think the majority of them are not spectacular vocally, but I agree from what I heard, she's definitely talented and underrated as a vocalist.

I don't know what Austineisha and others have against you. :unsure: You're not constantly being messy in threads on the forum. I don't get the hate :unsure:

No prob ^_^

It makes sense, one would automatically assume that the vocals in an atrist's singles (which are supposed to promote an album) would be comparable to the bulk of that artist's career catalog. While that applies to a plethora of artists, it couldn't be farther from the truth with Kelis :lol: I don't always agree with her singles, I think she is a ridiculously great albums artist who has ample singles choices -- but more often than not, winds up choosing ones that she shouldn't have: one's that don't require much vocal ability -_- it's all good though. As a huge fan of her's, I'm glad that you were able to hear some of her more top notch material. :thumbup:

Who knows man. I usually try to stay cool, calm & collected in here -- avoiding arguments and whatnot. I have no idea what some have against me, but I just say "You can't win 'em all over" :lol: I'll just keep doin' me, plain & simple. ^_^

WCIS is not a good vocal. :lmao: It's not a matter of struggling for notes, it's a matter of the key being too high. There's a reason why Janet doesn't access the upper register in a number of her songs. And it's quite contradictory to see how some ppl will argue that just because Janet isn't belting at the top of her lungs doesn't mean she can't sing, but then turn around and praise the hell out of songs when she is belting. Hypocrisy in its purest form.

And you must have missed THIS post. You can make those arguments. But what happened with Brandy's "Human"? Mya's "Sugar and Spice"? Ashanti's "The Declaration"? If Beyonce didn't end their careers, why weren't those albums successful? :coffee: Nobody cares about them because we have Beyonce. Whatever Brandy, Ashanti, Mya, Amerie, etc can all do, Beyonce can do better. That's why they are no longer needed.

And I know I told you girls about cosigning yourself.

It is a good vocal, and it's not up for debate. :coffee:

Again, Brandy was having the issues before Beyonce's first solo effort. She has just never found her footing again. Again, it happens...careers have low points ALL THE TIME. It's silly to attribute something that happens ALL THE TIME in the industry to one person. It's just silly.

Ashanti has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread...however you do realize there was FOUR YEAR gap between Concrete Rose and The Declaration and the fact that Murder Inc couldn't find a parent record label/major distributor for TWO YEARS is a major reason for that.

As I said, before you can say Beyonce benefited from what was going on with other artists, but that's ENTIRELY different then claiming her solo success killed careers. That just didn't happen

Oh yeah....no one still knows what happened to Mya -_- lol

It makes sense, one would automatically assume that the vocals in an atrist's singles (which are supposed to promote an album) would be comparable to the bulk of that artist's career catalog. While that applies to a plethora of artists, it couldn't be farther from the truth with Kelis :lol: I don't always agree with her singles, I think she is a ridiculously great albums artist who has ample singles choices -- but more often than not, winds up choosing ones that she shouldn't have: one's that don't require much vocal ability -_- it's all good though. As a huge fan of her's, I'm glad that you were able to hear some of her more top notch material. :thumbup:

Who knows man. I usually try to stay cool, calm & collected in here -- avoiding arguments and whatnot. I have no idea what some have against me, but I just say "You can't win 'em all over" :lol: I'll just keep doin' me, plain & simple. ^_^

I guess she's been choosing what she thinks is the hits. I remember when she first came out, I liked her, but nothing she released seemed to be a "major hit" that changed with "Milkshake" I guess the success of that track has been guiding her and the label's choices.

Snatch their wigs a few times, and they'll leave you alone. I've found that works... ^_^:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess she's been choosing what she thinks is the hits. I remember when she first came out, I liked her, but nothing she released seemed to be a "major hit" that changed with "Milkshake" I guess the success of that track has been guiding her and the label's choices.

Snatch their wigs a few times, and they'll leave you alone. I've found that works... ^_^:lol: :lol: :lol:

I 100% agree with that entire thought. It's a shame, because her label is giving everyone a false impression of her talent by picking that stuff that they pick -_-

Oh, I'm steady building my collection of them wigs one by one. Pretty soon I'll be able to sell 'em in a shop on the corner of 54th and Crenshaw :excited::lol:

It is a good vocal, and it's not up for debate. :coffee:

Again, Brandy was having the issues before Beyonce's first solo effort. She has just never found her footing again. Again, it happens...careers have low points ALL THE TIME. It's silly to attribute something that happens ALL THE TIME in the industry to one person. It's just silly.

Ashanti has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread...however you do realize there was FOUR YEAR gap between Concrete Rose and The Declaration and the fact that Murder Inc couldn't find a parent record label/major distributor for TWO YEARS is a major reason for that.

As I said, before you can say Beyonce benefited from what was going on with other artists, but that's ENTIRELY different then claiming her solo success killed careers. That just didn't happen

Oh yeah....no one still knows what happened to Mya -_- lol

You're right, it's not. Will and Eli have already told you it's not. Eli obviously knows vocals, as you and LyricSessions don't. But in any event, I'll let let the ppl on twitter who study vocals tell you why it's not a good vocal. And I'm almost certain they'll tell you everything I just said.

Beyonce didn't benefit from the misfortunes of others. She's the complete package. She can sing better than all of them, her dancing is passable, her performing is the best since Janet. Amerie, Brandy, Ashanti, Mya, etc have the complete package. I don't even know why you continue to argue this. If Beyonce didn't kill them off, how come there hasn't been a Black R&B female to top the charts since like "Single Ladies"? Why is I Am...Sasha Fierce the best selling R&B female album in the past 5 or 6 years? Why is Beyonce the only R&B female that can top the Hot 100 solo/lead? If those lesser R&B girls weren't killed off by Beyonce, then why haven't any of them had an inch of success in the past couple of years? We see what happened to Ciara when "Go Girl" came out..."Single Ladies" came out a week later and we all see what happened then. And no, Ciara was NOT having label issues when "GG" was released. SL came along and snatched it right out the game.

Archived