18 members have voted

1. 1. who's a better singer

• Minnie Mouse
    • Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely the one to ask, my brotha :w00t:

About how many years ago was this, I think I may know what song you're talkin' about :umm:

Maaaaan,it had to have been about 05 or 06 when I ran across it. I haven't been able to find it nowhere. I believe the chorus goes something like "Dont..make me wait.. for.. your lovin"

You say that she's the best we've seen of the new girls but she's not some force to be reckoned with? CONTRADICTION-Then what would you call it? Men lie..woman lie ..NUMBERS DONT LIE.

And you keep talking about how the cards were aligned right. Well the same can be said for alot of successful artists and albums. Thats not her fault if all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed.That's called DOIN THE DAMN THANG! So why take that from her? We didnt say that when Mike hit the jackpot with Thriller.

And to touch on your repeated Ashanti excuses that you keep bringing up. Here are some facts.

-Chapter II opened with higher numbers than "Dangerously In Love"

-Chapter II knocked DIL out of the #1 spot a week later from its debut

-Their singles were going HEAD to HEAD. Beyonce went to #1 with the first two singles,Ashanti didnt

With that being said...the Murder Inc shit was not affecting her sales (even tho I dont recall that shit erupting until a little later,could be wrong)...but what makes you think that affected ANYTHING? Ashanti was keeping it moving right along with Beyonce,releasing singles and videos at the same time. Ashanti was performing on alot of the same shows as Beyonce, BET Awards,Pepesi Smash,etc. If anything Ashanti label wanted her to stay hott on Beyonce's trail so ppl wouldn't completely forget about her since they seen how massive Beyonce's debut was going.

Now,I had a subscription to the VIBE mag back then (and still do). Ashanti was the featured star of their August cover. They asked Ashanti if she felt she was lagging behind Beyonce and Ashanti HERSELF bowed down and said "Well,I had my year last year and it seems this is her year y'know,I can't knock that. Everyone has their moment. When you put out a hot record (single) and someone else puts out a hot record.Its truly up to the public to decide which is gonna come off on top.What can I do?". Irv Gotti chimed in "That Beyonce record is a crazy joint,period. Its hard to compete with that. There's nothing we could have done to diffuse it. Beyonce came with some different stuff that we haven't heard in awhile,so thats why her record took off."

And Janet,Aaliyah or no other situation was gonna hold back what was destined to happen. We cant discredit someone for certain events and circumstances taking place.Thats just foolish.It is what it is.Not letting your dislike for someone keep you swimming in a sea of delusion. It's not a good look,ppl.

P.S.

I hate you for making me even defend Beyonce right now..this is not the position I wanted to be in AT ALL

That's not a contradiction. "The best" doesn't always translate into sales (Amerie anyone? -_- Not saying she's the best...it's just an example). Also I said stage presence and performance, that doesn't mean she's the better artist, per se.

Ashanti wasn't able to sustain thanks to the Murder inc drama. Infact, with the numbers you provided one could argue that if it weren't for that drama Ashanti would've not only maintained, but been just as big as Beyonce or bigger...so Beyonce didn't "destroy her career" it was more so the circumstances that hindered Ashanti and ultimately worked to Beyonce's advantage.

What Ashanti said was true it was Beyonce's time, and that's fine...as Janet once said, she's competitive, but there's room for everybody to have success. That's very different then acting like Beyonce came into the game and was such a force that she muscled everybody else out. My point here and the other times it's been discussed is ya'll act like Beyonce arrived in the game as a solo artist, released her "Thriller" album, and the girls just simply couldn't compete. THAT WASN'T THE SITUATION.

That's not a contradiction. "The best" doesn't always translate into sales (Amerie anyone? -_- Not saying she's the best...it's just an example). Also I said stage presence and performance, that doesn't mean she's the better artist, per se.

Ashanti wasn't able to sustain thanks to the Murder inc drama. Infact, with the numbers you provided one could argue that if it weren't for that drama Ashanti would've not only maintained, but been just as big as Beyonce or bigger...so Beyonce didn't "destroy her career" it was more so the circumstances that hindered Ashanti and ultimately worked to Beyonce's advantage.

What Ashanti said was true it was Beyonce's time, and that's fine...as Janet once said, she's competitive, but there's room for everybody to have success. That's very different then acting like Beyonce came into the game and was such a force that she muscled everybody else out. My point here and the other times it's been discussed is ya'll act like Beyonce arrived in the game as a solo artist, released her "Thriller" album, and the girls just simply couldn't compete. THAT WASN'T THE SITUATION.

Well her status says something else..so we can move right along :crazy:

TOF..plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stop! :lmao: There was NO way in hell Ashanti would have topped Bee(drama present or not). Beyonce -the solo act, was fresh and new. We'd already had Ashanti. She was a leftover TV dinner that we didnt have too much of a desire for once the juicy STEAK entered in the room. WHAT DONT YOU GET? Lets not give Shanti too much..she was limited anyway..and only blew up because of hype, mainly (the fact that her career did a down spiral only proves that).She was an "It" girl for a moment and we moved on.SIMPLE.

And you still did not tell me how would Murder Inc shit affect her sales..she was still promoting and doing EVERYTHING an artist does to try to keep their album afloat on Billboard.And you still have not came to the conclusion of why Mya didn't do well during that time? Hmmm..what about Monica? Why do you think she tanked along with them? MIND YOU..Monica was having hit singles..but still not getting anywhere. Plz explain since you think this had nothing to do with Beyonce's arrival.

And another thing. EVERY artist has their year which means that artists is gonna outshine EVERYONE that particular year. Thats what we're saying...thats all we're saying,really. Lauryn had her year...Alicia had hers...Ashanti had hers,then it was Bee's time but what happened during Bee's time is that she outshined them so much to where they haven't resurfaced or recovered since her wrath.How do you explain that? I would like to know.

Archived