janetDAYZ

18 members have voted

1. 1. who's a better singer

• Minnie Mouse
    • Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ALL know what happened to Mya's career ..its been reiterated a million times. :rolleyes:

Well reiterate it one more time because I forgot.. :rolleyes:

And it betta not be that "Because Beyonce released her first studio album" bullshit either...Ya'll need to stop with that foolishness. Bey didn't ruin careers. Ya'll give her waaaay to much credit!

*Cue Austineisha to enter the thread doing his usual stanning for Bey...though he claims not be a stan* :sigh:

Well reiterate it one more time because I forgot.. :rolleyes:

And it betta not be that "Because Beyonce released her first studio album" bullshit either...Ya'll need to stop with that foolishness. Bey didn't ruin careers. Ya'll give her waaaay to much credit!

*Cue Austineisha to enter the thread doing his usual stanning for Bey...though he claims not be a stan* :sigh:

Well you're the one cuing him in..just from your question alone. :umm: YOU WERE ASKING FOR IT!

but if we're gonna be real for a minute,let me break it down in this way. We were use to double cheese burgers..its all we knew,so we were content and satisfied! But once we discovered there's a such thing as STEAK...why da fuck would anyone wanna touch a double cheese again? :mellow: We get EVERYTHING we need from this steak.. it's juicy,tender,well seasoned and has flavor. With that being said most ppl threw Mya,Ashanti,and Monica in the garbage. There was no need for them. -AND TRUST ME IT PAINS ME TO GIVE BEY THIS CREDIT BUT ITS PRETTY CLEAR TO ANYONE WHO WAS LIVING AT THAT TIME :lmao:

Precisely why I didn't bother to post..thread counts don't get me excited.. :coffee:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS @ your new siggy! +1 for that alone! :blush::thumbup:

Well you're the one cuing him in..just from your question alone. :umm: YOU WERE ASKING FOR IT!

but if we're gonna be real for a minute,let me break it down in this way. We were use to double cheese burgers..its all we knew,so we were content and satisfied! But once we discovered there's a such thing as STEAK...why da fuck would anyone wanna touch a double cheese again? :mellow: We get EVERYTHING we need from this steak.. it's juicy,tender,well seasoned and has flavor. With that being said most ppl threw Mya,Ashanti,and Monica in the garbage. There was no need for them. -AND TRUST ME IT PAINS ME TO GIVE BEY THIS CREDIT BUT ITS PRETTY CLEAR TO ANYONE WHO WAS LIVING AT THAT TIME :lmao:

No, I wasn't... :rolleyes:

And I'm being REAL and very HONEST when I say ya'll give Beyonce and her career thus far TOO MUCH damn credit. She's the best that we've seen of the new girls (in terms of stage presence and performance), but she's not some force to be reckoned with. As I said before, there were ALOT of things that worked out in Beyonce's favor. She didn't just release a solo album and simultaneously massacre everybody in the game. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what happened with Mya, but with Ashanti, the whole Murder inc drama came about around that time (which hurt not only her career, but Jarule, and whomever else was on the label at the time). Aaliyah, who many thought was on the verge of finding sustained mainstream success, had just passed. Janet wasn't out at the time and had just come off of the AFY era, and was about to go through the hell which came after the SB incident.

Alot of things played out in her favor.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS @ your new siggy! +1 for that alone! :blush::thumbup:

No, I wasn't... :rolleyes:

And I'm being REAL and very HONEST when I say ya'll give Beyonce and her career thus far TOO MUCH damn credit. She's the best that we've seen of the new girls (in terms of stage presence and performance), but she's not some force to be reckoned with. As I said before, there were ALOT of things that worked out in Beyonce's favor. She didn't just release a solo album and simultaneously massacre everybody in the game. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what happened with Mya, but with Ashanti, the whole Murder inc drama came about around that time (which hurt not only her career, but Jarule, and whomever else was on the label at the time). Aaliyah, who many thought was on the verge of finding sustained mainstream success, had just passed. Janet wasn't out at the time and had just come off of the AFY era, and was about to go through the hell which came after the SB incident.

Alot of things played out in her favor.

You say that she's the best we've seen of the new girls but she's not some force to be reckoned with? CONTRADICTION-Then what would you call it? Men lie..woman lie ..NUMBERS DONT LIE.

And you keep talking about how the cards were aligned right. Well the same can be said for alot of successful artists and albums. Thats not her fault if all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed.That's called DOIN THE DAMN THANG! So why take that from her? We didnt say that when Mike hit the jackpot with Thriller.

And to touch on your repeated Ashanti excuses that you keep bringing up. Here are some facts.

-Chapter II opened with higher numbers than "Dangerously In Love"

-Chapter II knocked DIL out of the #1 spot a week later from its debut

-Their singles were going HEAD to HEAD. Beyonce went to #1 with the first two singles,Ashanti didnt

With that being said...the Murder Inc shit was not affecting her sales (even tho I dont recall that shit erupting until a little later,could be wrong)...but what makes you think that affected ANYTHING? Ashanti was keeping it moving right along with Beyonce,releasing singles and videos at the same time. Ashanti was performing on alot of the same shows as Beyonce, BET Awards,Pepesi Smash,etc. If anything Ashanti label wanted her to stay hott on Beyonce's trail so ppl wouldn't completely forget about her since they seen how massive Beyonce's debut was going.

Now,I had a subscription to the VIBE mag back then (and still do). Ashanti was the featured star of their August cover. They asked Ashanti if she felt she was lagging behind Beyonce and Ashanti HERSELF bowed down and said "Well,I had my year last year and it seems this is her year y'know,I can't knock that. Everyone has their moment. When you put out a hot record (single) and someone else puts out a hot record.Its truly up to the public to decide which is gonna come off on top.What can I do?". Irv Gotti chimed in "That Beyonce record is a crazy joint,period. Its hard to compete with that. There's nothing we could have done to diffuse it. Beyonce came with some different stuff that we haven't heard in awhile,so thats why her record took off."

And Janet,Aaliyah or no other situation was gonna hold back what was destined to happen. We cant discredit someone for certain events and circumstances taking place.Thats just foolish.It is what it is.Not letting your dislike for someone keep you swimming in a sea of delusion. It's not a good look,ppl.

P.S.

I hate you for making me even defend Beyonce right now..this is not the position I wanted to be in AT ALL

I like both of these women . . . but KELIS IS MY BITCH! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

She's the only other female artist I'm a mega fan of besides Janet!

97% of this woman's catalog is BRILLIANT! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Her music absolutely slaughters every other R&B and pop bitch music in the game today :dance:

I like both of these women . . . but KELIS IS MY BITCH! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

She's the only other female artist I'm a mega fan of besides Janet!

97% of this woman's catalog is BRILLIANT! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Her music absolutely slaughters every other R&B and pop bitch music in the game today :dance:

Then maybe you can help me...back when I use to make my own cds ,bootleggin ppl shit I didn't wanna pay for..there was this Kelis song that I put on one of my mix/various artists cds and I haven't been able to find my cd or find that particular song of Kelis's. The only way I can describe it is that its very reminiscent of Bey's "Deja Vu" ..its very funky and has a heavy bassline. I don't believe it was on any of her album,I dont think. I think it was an unrelased track.

Then maybe you can help me...back when I use to make my own cds ,bootleggin ppl shit I didn't wanna pay for..there was this Kelis song that I put on one of my mix/various artists cds and I haven't been able to find my cd or find that particular song of Kelis's. The only way I can describe it is that its very reminiscent of Bey's "Deja Vu" ..its very funky and has a heavy bassline. I don't believe it was on any of her album,I dont think. I think it was an unrelased track.

I'm definitely the one to ask, my brotha :w00t:

About how many years ago was this, I think I may know what song you're talkin' about :umm:

Archived