janetDAYZ

18 members have voted

1. 1. who's a better singer

• Minnie Mouse
    • Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 100% agree with that entire thought. It's a shame, because her label is giving everyone a false impression of her talent by picking that stuff that they pick -_-

Oh, I'm steady building my collection of them wigs one by one. Pretty soon I'll be able to sell 'em in a shop on the corner of 54th and Crenshaw :excited::lol:

I can give my supply of snatched wigs! :w00t: I have over 250 from Austineisha and Henrietta alone! :excited: :excited: :excited:

You're right, it's not. Will and Eli have already told you it's not. Eli obviously knows vocals, as you and LyricSessions don't. But in any event, I'll let let the ppl on twitter who study vocals tell you why it's not a good vocal. And I'm almost certain they'll tell you everything I just said.

Beyonce didn't benefit from the misfortunes of others. She's the complete package. She can sing better than all of them, her dancing is passable, her performing is the best since Janet. Amerie, Brandy, Ashanti, Mya, etc have the complete package. I don't even know why you continue to argue this. If Beyonce didn't kill them off, how come there hasn't been a Black R&B female to top the charts since like "Single Ladies"? Why is I Am...Sasha Fierce the best selling R&B female album in the past 5 or 6 years? Why is Beyonce the only R&B female that can top the Hot 100 solo/lead? If those lesser R&B girls weren't killed off by Beyonce, then why haven't any of them had an inch of success in the past couple of years? We see what happened to Ciara when "Go Girl" came out..."Single Ladies" came out a week later and we all see what happened then. And no, Ciara was NOT having label issues when "GG" was released. SL came along and snatched it right out the game.

Your opinions don't matter. :coffee: WCIS is a good vocal. CASE CLOSED. :coffee:

Beyonce benefited greatly from what was happening in others careers. It's as I told you before, if the cards hadn't aligned she may not have had her time to shine.

Even keeping in mind the diminished sales of the 2000's, Beyonce isn't doing the type of figures that would suggest that type of domination. Again, there is room for everybody in the industry, even if Beyonce is at the top of the heap. What's going on in other's career has NOTHING to do with her, and it's silly to attribute her success as the thing that has hampered other careers.

I can give my supply of snatched wigs! :w00t: I have over 250 from Austineisha and Henrietta alone! :excited: :excited: :excited:

Your opinions don't matter. :coffee: WCIS is a good vocal. CASE CLOSED. :coffee:

Beyonce benefited greatly from what was happening in others careers. It's as I told you before, if the cards hadn't aligned she may not have had her time to shine.

Even keeping in mind the diminished sales of the 2000's, Beyonce isn't doing the type of figures that would suggest that type of domination. Again, there is room for everybody in the industry, even if Beyonce is at the top of the heap. What's going on in other's career has NOTHING to do with her, and it's silly to attribute her success as the thing that has hampered other careers.

*Deletes my comment about their opinions not mattering* -_- lol

It's a deal! We'll get rich hella quick, you know hoodrats fiend for their wigs :excited::lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: . . . maybe SOME opinions don't matter :whistle:;)

My OPINION shouldn't matter, considering I was speaking FACTS. If you think Janet singing in a key that's too high and shouting with no resonance, as Eli pointed out, is a good vocal, I can only pray for your knowledge of vocals.

:lmao: @ Beyonce not doing any figures that would suggest domination. Let's see, she has 36 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 with only 5 #1s. I Am...Sasha Fierce outsold Ashanti, Brandy, Mya, Ciara, and Amerie's last two albums COMBINED. She has the highest selling digital single for an R&B female (Single Ladies is 4x platinum). "Ego" alone peaking at #40 on the Hot 100 out-peaks Ashanti, Mya, Brandy, and Amerie's last handful of singles. "Love Sex Magic" is Ciara's saving grace, which was only in the top 10 for one week and then plummeted down the Hot 100 in the next couple of weeks. B'day as well outsold all of them girls' last two efforts. Other than Alicia Keys, what R&B female has sold more albums than Beyonce? TOF, sit down and accept the facts. Beysus is here to stay.

2nswgmr.gif

Also, cosigning your own 'wig snatch', doesn't make the statement true. Cosigning a fail doesn't negate the fail.

My OPINION shouldn't matter, considering I was speaking FACTS. If you think Janet singing in a key that's too high and shouting with no resonance, as Eli pointed out, is a good vocal, I can only pray for your knowledge of vocals.

:lmao: @ Beyonce not doing any figures that would suggest domination. Let's see, she has 36 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 with only 5 #1s. I Am...Sasha Fierce outsold Ashanti, Brandy, Mya, Ciara, and Amerie's last two albums COMBINED. She has the highest selling digital single for an R&B female (Single Ladies is 4x platinum). "Ego" alone peaking at #40 on the Hot 100 out-peaks Ashanti, Mya, Brandy, and Amerie's last handful of singles. "Love Sex Magic" is Ciara's saving grace, which was only in the top 10 for one week and then plummeted down the Hot 100 in the next couple of weeks. B'day as well outsold all of them girls' last two efforts. Other than Alicia Keys, what R&B female has sold more albums than Beyonce? TOF, sit down and accept the facts. Beysus is here to stay.

2nswgmr.gif

Also, cosigning your own 'wig snatch', doesn't make the statement true. Cosigning a fail doesn't negate the fail.

The key wasn't too high and Janet didn't shout...hence your opinion not mattering. :coffee:

You're attributing things that happened in others careers to Beyonce's success. That is unfair to those artists, and it's bullshit. Again, careers falter for various different reasons ALL THE TIME. As I've shown every one of those artists (with the exception of Mya, as we still don't know what happened there -_- ) had issues BEFORE Beyonce's first solo effort OR like Ashanti there were circumstances that ultimately hindered her career. Beyonce benefited from things that happened to others, she wasn't the cause of things happening..there's a difference.

She's not dominating the charts, if that were the case there would be no Alicia or Rihanna...Beyonce being the top of the heap doesn't take away from the fact that there is room for everybody, but again, careers falter all the time.

Is that a gif of Ashanti? :blush:

The key wasn't too high and Janet didn't shout...hence your opinion not mattering. :coffee:

You're attributing things that happened in others careers to Beyonce's success. That is unfair to those artists, and it's bullshit. Again, careers falter for various different reasons ALL THE TIME. As I've shown every one of those artists (with the exception of Mya, as we still don't know what happened there -_- ) had issues BEFORE Beyonce's first solo effort OR like Ashanti there were circumstances that ultimately hindered her career. Beyonce benefited from things that happened to others, she wasn't the cause of things happening..there's a difference.

She's not dominating the charts, if that were the case there would be no Alicia or Rihanna...Beyonce being the top of the heap doesn't take away from the fact that there is room for everybody, but again, careers falter all the time.

Is that a gif of Ashanti? :blush:

Do you even know what key the song is in? :mellow:

You asked for numbers and you got them. They are proof that Beyonce took them out. Deal with it.

Also, I asked someone on Beysus World about this and they said:

"I remember Beyonce discussing this in an interview. Originally her album was supposed to come out in the fall of 2002, but was pushed aside to promote Kelly's project because she had the bigger single with Dilemma. Beyonce's cd was to consist of only about four original recordings and the rest were supposed to be covers. When the cd got pushed back, she went back into the studio to record more new stuff. She said after she turned in the work the second time and they told her to go back to the studio to re-record, she said "Oh really" and got her lawyers involved. The cd was put out as Beyonce wanted after that."

Do you even know what key the song is in? :mellow:

You asked for numbers and you got them. They are proof that Beyonce took them out. Deal with it.

Nope, I don't...I know it's good vocal though. :excited:

I didn't ask for anything. I said "Even keeping in mind the diminished sales of the 2000's, Beyonce isn't doing the type of figures that would suggest that type of domination." Those numbers prove she's at the top of the heap, they don't show her taking out anyone or destroying careers, because it simply isn't the case. As I stated before and even Dayz acknowledge, there has always been the "top bitch" in the game...that hasn't changed. In the end, there is room for everybody though. If she was truly dominating force in the game she wouldn't be comparable to anyone, and that isn't the case (as you and I know). If she truly ruled the game and was destroying careers, there would be no Alicia, Rihanna.

You, dayz, and the stans are incorrectly using something that happens ALL THE TIME in the industry and crediting Beyonce's success for it happening.

Taking the word of what some stan on Beyonce world says? Really? :mellow:

As I said to you in the thread in which we had that particular discussion, someone at that label saw the potential in the project and put the proper support behind it. If the label is unhappy with the project they can shelve it entirely! Did the label test the waters by taking a few tracks to DJs got a positive feedback in those test markets? Perhaps...that would've increased the label's interest in the project as whole, but if the label is unhappy it's either getting shelved or getting released with little to no promotion behind it.

Invalid. Irrelevant. Irrefutable. Beyonce said it. She knows. She was there. You weren't. You have no counter proof. Sit down. Shut up. Accept it.

Beyonce ended all of them girls' careers. Amerie changed labels and still flopped. Ciara released "Go Girl" a week before "Single Ladies" and that got shat on BEFORE Ciara started having label issues. Brandy's "Fool Moon" and "Afordisiac" both failed. Ashanti's "The Declaration" failed. And I bet after all them girls change labels AGAIN, they will fail AGAIN. Why? Because there is no interest in them because we have Beyonce.

Invalid. Irrelevant. Irrefutable. Beyonce said it. She knows. She was there. You weren't. You have no counter proof. Sit down. Shut up. Accept it.

Beyonce ended all of them girls' careers. Amerie changed labels and still flopped. Ciara released "Go Girl" a week before "Single Ladies" and that got shat on BEFORE Ciara started having label issues. Brandy's "Fool Moon" and "Afordisiac" both failed. Ashanti's "The Declaration" failed. And I bet after all them girls change labels AGAIN, they will fail AGAIN. Why? Because there is no interest in them because we have Beyonce.

Beyonce also claimed to write Irreplaceable. :rolleyes:

Also, you're quoting a stan who claims that Beyonce said that.

Now do you see why I said it's a double negative? :coffee:

...If the label is displeased the album is getting shelved or they aren't going to be enthusiastic about promotion, because you're going against label wishes, which is essentially bad business. As I've told you before, the artist CAN'T do it on their own.

Again, you are attributing what happens in the industry all the time to one artist and it's silly. It's full stan mode "my diva is better than your diva" type behavior that's become so prevalent. It's funny for a "ki-ki" with the girls, but realistically it's foolish to attribute Beyonce's success with hampering or killing the careers of others. It's silly.

Archived