ROUND 3 IS HERE!!! .. WHO'S THE BETTER SINGER

janetDAYZ

18 members have voted

1. 1. who's a better singer

• Minnie Mouse
    • Nas BABYMAMA -whoever dat bitch is

Constantly saying I'm "co-signing" doesn't equal wig snatching :sigh: You know...I think Willosus did some brain damage to you after she scalped you with her "Whip My Hair" video after you were talking about it was going to be like Raven's "That's What Little Girls Are Made Of" video.

What video are you referring to? :unsure:

Do you mean Leiomy Mizrahi's video featuring Williow Smith :excited: :excited: :excited:

...and I see you and Austineisha continuing to co-sign in this thread. :coffee::rolleyes:

I see you STILL hold season tickets for a play called "DENIAL"

TOF. EXCUSES..EXCUSES..EXCUSES..

You promote to sell records,right? You do interviews,perform on shows,etc. Ashanti DID ALL OF THESE THINGS! Your logic is flawed because you dont have a direct connection of how the investigation HURT Ashanti. Your stance would ONLY make sense if we seen little to no promotion. BUT IT DID NOT STOP! FACE FACTS. YOU WANNA SPECULATE BUT WANT TO IGNORE FACTS? NO. You would have never known ANYTHING was being investigated in regards to Murder Inc because they kept business MOVING. What are you not getting?The public/consumers buy according to what they see and hear. We heard and seen Ashanti EVERYWHERE. We heard her in heavy rotation on the radio along with Beyonce.We seen her videos being played heavily along with Beyonce. We seen her perform at alot of the SAME events and award shows as Beyonce. So wtf does the investigation have to do with ANY OF THAT? NOTHING..you wanna know why becuz to the public Ashanti was PRESENT. And quit ignoring the fact of Gotti and Ashanti ADMITTING themselves..that it was Bee's TIME and thats why Ashanti got put on da back burner. SHE ADMITTED THIS.GOTTI ADMITTED THIS. You really sound ridiculous right now. The fact that its coming from their mouths and you're still tryna say it was something else... :wacko::censored::wtf:

Yes, and as I said, the it's a PARTNERSHIP between the label and the artist. The label's support is vital and essential in promotion of an artist.

Yeah, the fallout wasn't seen IMMEDIATE, but it did somewhat overshadow success of Chapter II, and of course, the effect was clearly seen in what happened with Concrete Rose.

AGAIN, the point is not that it was Beyonce's year more so than Ashanti's. That happens ALL TIME TIME, just like careers faltering. The point is that the drama that took place led to their NOT being a level playing field for Ashanti. What about the next time the two of them released in the same year (For instance, what if Ashanti had a release in 2006 along with Beyonce's B-day, which wasn't possible because Murder Inc was in it's second year of trying to find a parent label/major distributor that would sign them) What if everything was "copasetic" at The Inc though? What would've happened then? During that time (2006) would it have been Ashanti's year? You can't say, and you don't know because of the circumstances that took place.

That has been my point the entire time, the circumstances that took place hindered Ashanti for competing on a equal playing field. I'm not saying she would have been bigger than Beyonce, because you can't know that given the circumstances...which had NOTHING to do with Bey's solo success.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beysus never took credit for the lyrics to "Irreplaceable", nor did she act like she wrote the entire song. That's what YOUR dumb ass took out of it, and what you say ultimately doesn't mean shit to shit.

She said "I wrote this song," and she did. So did Shaffer Smith (Ne-Yo, for the idiots), Mikkel S. Eriksen, Tor Erik Hermansen, Sean Garrett, Espen Lind, and Amund Bjørklund. And Ne-Yo spoke up about it because Ne-Yo is thirsty (which is why every time someone sings a song he wrote, he ends up singing it himself somewhere down the line). And even HIS thirsty ass said "it wasn't that big a deal." Therefore, I don't understand why the dumb ******s continue to MAKE a big deal out of IT, FIVE YEARS LATER.

Shut up.

Austineisha...please stop running to Twitter and begging Bey's psychotic stans to come fight your battles. :sigh:

What video are you referring to? :unsure:

Do you mean Leiomy Mizrahi's video featuring Williow Smith :excited: :excited: :excited:

...and I see you and Austineisha continuing to co-sign in this thread. :coffee::rolleyes:

Yes, and as I said, the it's a PARTNERSHIP between the label and the artist. The label's support is vital and essential in promotion of an artist.

Yeah, the fallout wasn't seen IMMEDIATE, but it did somewhat overshadow success of Chapter II, and of course, the effect was clearly seen in what happened with Concrete Rose.

AGAIN, the point is not that it was Beyonce's year more so than Ashanti's. That happens ALL TIME TIME, just like careers faltering. The point is that the drama that took place led to their NOT being a level playing field for Ashanti. What about the next time the two of them released in the same year (For instance, what if Ashanti had a release in 2006 along with Beyonce's B-day, which wasn't possible because Murder Inc was in it's second year of trying to find a parent label/major distributor that would sign them) What if everything was "copasetic" at The Inc though? What would've happened then? During that time (2006) would it have been Ashanti's year? You can't say, and you don't know because of the circumstances that took place.

That has been my point the entire time, the circumstances that took place hindered Ashanti for competing on a equal playing field. I'm not saying she would have been bigger than Beyonce, because you can't know that given the circumstances...which had NOTHING to do with Bey's solo success.

ASHANTI AND IRV ADMITTED WHY THEY LOST

And her LABEL was there with her every step of the way..what is it SPECIFICALLY that you are claiming hindered the label from properly handling her due to the investigation? :blink::huh: What,because it failed?..thats why SOMETHING must not have been right with how that era was handled? If you cant come up with anything SPECIFIC then all you have is speculation.Speculation is NOT PROOF,its speculation.And Ashanti and Irv could have easily blamed it on the investigation,in fact if they were tryna save fave that would have been the perfect excuse for them to use but they DIDN'T because they KNOW THE TRUTH and SPOKE THE TRUTH! ACCEPT FACTS!! ITS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH! You are assuming and speculating...that falls flat.All that other shit was on the BACK END..it didn't stop the wheel from rolling.

ASHANTI AND IRV ADMITTED WHY THEY LOST

They could have easily blamed it on the investigation,in fact if they were tryna save fave that would have been the perfect excuse for them to use but they DIDN'T because they KNOW THE TRUTH and SPOKE THE TRUTH! ACCEPT FACTS!! ITS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH! You are assuming and speculating...that falls flat.All that other shit was on the BACK END..it didn't stop the wheel from rolling.

Yes, Ashanti said it was Beyonce's year...and that is correct. However, with all that was going on at the time she's not going to say "my label and specifically my boss is currently facing criminal charges. Though I had my success, everybody is concerned with saving their own ass"

That looks like she's complaining...that's not how you conduct business. That's also not good PR. For instance, look at how Janet handled the situations with Virgin and Def Jam... she said practically NOTHING about Virgin (if memory serves), and regarding Def Jam, all she said is "The artist can't do it on their own, the label has to be there to support them" (paraphrase) and that's it... and you and I both KNOW Janet could've went in! If nothing else, she could've went into detail about issues they had after the "Feedback" single and even though she did what the label wanted, they STILL stopped promotion on the album. However, she didn't utter a word... Why? It's not good business and it's not a good look. The same can be applied to Ashanti's situation.

Yes, Ashanti said it was Beyonce's year...and that is correct. However, with all that was going on at the time she's not going to say "my label and specifically my boss is currently facing criminal charges. Though I had my success, everybody is concerned with saving their own ass"

That looks like she's complaining...that's not how you conduct business. That's also not good PR. For instance, look at how Janet handled the situations with Virgin and Def Jam... she said practically NOTHING about Virgin (if memory serves), and regarding Def Jam, all she said is "The artist can't do it on their own, the label has to be there to support them" (paraphrase) and that's it... and you and I both KNOW Janet could've went in! If nothing else, she could've went into detail about issues they had after the "Feedback" single and even though she did what the label wanted, they STILL stopped promotion on the album. However, she didn't utter a word... Why? It's not good business and it's not a good look. The same can be applied to Ashanti's situation.

Oh,NO NO NO....you're not getting away with this one. :lmao: :lmao: No one said Ashanti had to go into details and say all of that.WHO DOES THAT? <ahttp://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png' alt=':blink:'> Not even a person on the street is gonna be putting all their legal issues out like that!There's a professional way of speaking on something w/o going into full detail.C'mon TOF.. The music business does it ALL the time.They could have said something to the effect of "We weren't able to push Shanti like we wanted,unfortunately because we're dealing with alot of things at the moment" But aint no artist nor someone with Irv's cocky attitude gonna BOW DOWN to another artist unless they have NO CHOICE especially when they could have SAVED FACE!!!! PERIOD! They themselves called a SPADE a SPADE. Irv stayed watching the charts,thats what that man does! The studio was called the Crackhouse because he wants to create hits and SEE HITS ON BILLBOARD. Beyonce called CHECKMATE on their asses so they had to BOW DOWN,its that cut and dry. Stop adding layers to make shit sound more complicated then what it really was.When you're under investigation..your life goes on..you still function. STOP

Oh,NO NO NO....you're not getting away with this one. :lmao: :lmao: No one said Ashanti had to go into details and say all of that.WHO DOES THAT? <ahttp://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png' alt=':blink:'> Not even a person on the street is gonna be putting all their legal issues out like that!There's a professional way of speaking on something w/o going into full detail.C'mon TOF.. The music business does it ALL the time.They could have said something to the effect of "We weren't able to push Shanti like we wanted,unfortunately because we're dealing with alot of things at the moment" But aint no artist nor someone with Irv's cocky attitude gonna BOW DOWN to another artist unless they have NO CHOICE especially when they could have SAVED FACE!!!! PERIOD! They themselves called a SPADE a SPADE. Irv stayed watching the charts,thats what that man does! The studio was called the Crackhouse because he wants to create hits and SEE HITS ON BILLBOARD. Beyonce called CHECKMATE on their asses so they had to BOW DOWN,its that cut and dry. Stop adding layers to make shit sound more complicated then what it really was.When you're under investigation..your life goes on..you still function. STOP

It's not about saving face, it's about good business...

At the time Irv and company probably saw the writing on the wall and that things weren't looking so great with their parent label. Saying something would only makes things more difficult, especially if Murder Inc is up for contract renewal with Universal and their in a vulnerable position.

For instance, I have article that says Irv blames what was going on with the sales of his artists on the "higher ups" at Universal, but this is attributed to him after their contract had not been renewed and Irv was STILL looking for a parent label to distribute their music

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1518518/irv-gotti-talks-i-was-scared-death.jhtml

Gotti blames the Inc's recent sales dip on sabotage from the higher ups at the Universal Music Group. Although he said he has no problems with Jay-Z or L.A. Reid at Def Jam (he still considers Jay a close friend and said his respect for Reid is immense), he and all the artists on his roster have defected from the label and are looking for a new distribution home. Irv said he's gotten calls from plenty of CEOs and he fully expects the Inc. (the "Murder" is still officially dropped from the label name, but Irv said he realizes people will always refer to it as Murder Inc.) to get back on its feet in 2006.

Why wouldn't he and Ashanti not have said that at the time they were initially asked? Because it's simply NOT good business especially considering things were probably tense with Universal and Murder Inc over the whole investigation and eventual trial... Not only is a bad PR, it's just makes the whole situation all the more tense. The reason they probably avoided it.

It's not about saving face, it's about good business...

At the time Irv and company probably saw the writing on the wall and that things weren't looking so great with their parent label. Saying something would only makes things more difficult, especially if Murder Inc is up for contract renewal with Universal and their in a vulnerable position.

For instance, I have article that says Irv blames what was going on with the sales of his artists on the "higher ups" at Universal, but this is attributed to him after their contract had not been renewed and Irv was STILL looking for a parent label to distribute their music

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1518518/irv-gotti-talks-i-was-scared-death.jhtml

Gotti blames the Inc's recent sales dip on sabotage from the higher ups at the Universal Music Group. Although he said he has no problems with Jay-Z or L.A. Reid at Def Jam (he still considers Jay a close friend and said his respect for Reid is immense), he and all the artists on his roster have defected from the label and are looking for a new distribution home. Irv said he's gotten calls from plenty of CEOs and he fully expects the Inc. (the "Murder" is still officially dropped from the label name, but Irv said he realizes people will always refer to it as Murder Inc.) to get back on its feet in 2006.

Why wouldn't he and Ashanti not have said that at the time they were initially asked? Because it's simply NOT good business especially considering things were probably tense with Universal and Murder Inc over the whole investigation and eventual trial... Not only is a bad PR, it's just makes the whole situation all the more tense. The reason they probably avoided it.

All of this took place AFTER Chapter II. I can give you Concrete Rose (even tho I believe ppl lost interest in her altogether) but you wont get Chapter II from me,Im sorry. It would have ONLY had a direct effect if we didn't see Ashanti anywhere during that era. BUT SHE WAS VERY PRESENT! And you can say all of why they couldn't say certina things and this and that but why would they say "The public chooses what's gonna be that hit record,and they went with Beyonce". So are you really telling me they just said that shit to deflect any attention to what was going on with them and the investigation?If,so..then you are REACHING because if thats the case if asked why is Beyonce doing better they could have just said "We really don't know,we can't answer that". Once again,we're talking about Irv's COCKY ASS! Ashanti is his "Princess"..his cash cow. He is NOT gonna give another female credit UNLESS they deserve it.There was no way around it..you had to GIVE IT UP TO BEYONCE. She came strong,with a "new sound"..and outsang and out performed Ashanti...on stage and on the charts. IRV GAVE IT UP..he couldn't hate.

All of this took place AFTER Chapter II. I can give you Concrete Rose (even tho I believe ppl lost interest in her altogether) but you wont get Chapter II from me,Im sorry. It would have ONLY had a direct effect if we didn't see Ashanti anywhere during that era. BUT SHE WAS VERY PRESENT! And you can say all of why they couldn't say certina things and this and that but why would they say "The public chooses what's gonna be that hit record,and they went with Beyonce". So are you really telling me they just said that shit to deflect any attention to what was going on with them and the investigation?If,so..then you are REACHING because if thats the case if asked why is Beyonce doing better they could have just said "We really don't know,we can't answer that". Once again,we're talking about Irv's COCKY ASS! Ashanti is his "Princess"..his cash cow. He is NOT gonna give another female credit UNLESS they deserve it.There was no way around it..you had to GIVE IT UP TO BEYONCE. She came strong,with a "new sound"..and outsang and out performed Ashanti...on stage and on the charts. IRV GAVE IT UP..he couldn't hate.

And I said the effect was felt more so on Concrete Rose than Chapter II.

It was obvious Beyonce had a better year and that it was her time, so it's silly for them to say otherwise... However, as you can see Irv felt a certain way about the way things were going down, but didn't say anything or even allude to it at the time, and that's probably because he was trying to maintain his working relationship with Universal during a very vulnerable time for him and his company. Saving face or telling the public what's really going on isn't paramount or is ill-advised when your facing criminal charges involving your business and/or a tense relationship with those that would be considered your superiors (in this situation that would be Universal).

To reference Janet's situation again, she could've went IN about what had truly gone down at Virgin and specifically Def Jam, especially if she was trying to explain to the general public and her fans what happened with various projects, but she chose her words VERY carefully in the whole matter. Irv didn't say shit, lol, until after all the drama (well at least the criminally charges) had been dealt with...

And I said the effect was felt more so on Concrete Rose than Chapter II.

It was obvious Beyonce had a better year and that it was her time, so it's silly for them to say otherwise... However, as you can see Irv felt a certain way about the way things were going down, but didn't say anything or even allude to it at the time, and that's probably because he was trying to maintain his working relationship with Universal during a very vulnerable time for him and his company. Saving face or telling the public what's really going on isn't paramount or is ill-advised when your facing criminal charges involving your business and/or a tense relationship with those that would be considered your superiors (in this situation that would be Universal).

To reference Janet's situation again, she could've went IN about what had truly gone down at Virgin and specifically Def Jam, especially if she was trying to explain to the general public and her fans what happened with various projects, but she chose her words VERY carefully in the whole matter. Irv didn't say shit, lol, until after all the drama (well at least the criminally charges) had been dealt with...

I was only giving you Concrete Rose to be nice but even you know the level of interest in Ashanti had fell to the wayside by then. The public was over her. Her 15 was simply up. Very parallel to how Ciara's career went. With each album less and less interest.

AGAIN..they did NOT have to give Beyonce credit! TOF..far as I know there was no pistols held to their heads as the interview was taking place. :lmao: You make it sound like they were forced to give it up to Beyonce. I already said they could have came with the "We don't know,so we cant really answer that". If anything that would have been a way to NOT give credit to a bitch you feel is winning by default AND you're avoiding speaking on ur legal issues.That would have been their BEST answer to cover BOTH grounds if they truly felt that way BUT they didn't.Why would they jump on Beyonce's pussy if they are her comp? It makes no sense.THEY SPOKE WHAT THEY FELT and from what they observed. They had a FRONT ROW seat to it all.You didn't.

Death @ this not being about them other two gals.. :asham:

I don't give Beyzebel too much, but she wiped away them other girls..Regardless if she's an unoriginal thief, she came out hard. She developed a fan base with her backup dancers group, but she broke away and became her own.

Death @ this not being about them other two gals.. :asham:

I don't give Beyzebel too much, but she wiped away them other girls..Regardless if she's an unoriginal thief, she came out hard. She developed a fan base with her backup dancers group, but she broke away and became her own.

And there you have it. If a Janhova and Rihanna stan admits it, then surely a wannabe Janhova and Michael stan can admit it too -_-

TOF isn't slow. He's just saying this because he doesn't want to give Bey credit for ending careers. He knows the truth but clearly doesn't want to admit it :filenails:

I know..he's trying his damnedest to discredit Bee..He wants Ashanti to be his saving grace of ALL ppl. Sorry..it aint happening.

I know..he's trying his damnedest to discredit Bee..He wants Ashanti to be his saving grace of ALL ppl. Sorry..it aint happening.

He knows it won't happen. Even with Bey on break, Ashanti went back on 106 & Park and gave this horrible performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2oRQuy-v1k

Why would people want to support THAT when we still have the chick that easily tossed her off the map :umm:

And there you have it. If a Janhova and Rihanna stan admits it, then surely a wannabe Janhova and Michael stan can admit it too -_-

Seriously, you would have to be a REAL hater if you didn't think that Beyzebel of Israel wiped the floor with her "contemporaries". DIL, imo, was her best era. I loved the album. Once B'idet dropped, she lost me like Xtina. I couldn't take.

Seriously, you would have to be a REAL hater if you didn't think that Beyzebel of Israel wiped the floor with her "contemporaries". DIL, imo, was her best era. I loved the album. Once B'idet dropped, she lost me like Xtina. I couldn't take.

:lmao: Same here. I was a stan for the DIL era...then all of a sudden when we were hit with that 2006 project, I became a casual listener.

:lmao: Same here. I was a stan for the DIL era...then all of a sudden when we were hit with that 2006 project, I became a casual listener.

I wasn't a stan. I wasn't even a fan. I just enjoyed that era because she broke away from the group and made you notice her. Sadly, when B'idet dropped, I wasn't fully impressed with the album. I came to appreciate Deja vu, but my initial response was that she was trying to "recreate" that CIL feel. I actually brought the album along with Justin's "FS/LS", but I gave it to my cousin because I didn't use all of it..

I wasn't a stan. I wasn't even a fan. I just enjoyed that era because she broke away from the group and made you notice her. Sadly, when B'idet dropped, I wasn't fully impressed with the album. I came to appreciate Deja vu, but my initial response was that she was trying to "recreate" that CIL feel. I actually brought the album along with Justin's "FS/LS", but I gave it to my cousin because I didn't use all of it..

!!!!! Even the radio DJs in GA were saying that when it came out. I always loved the beat to the song though. I ended up buying the album 2 years later...I just downloaded her last album and removed the songs I didn't care for.

I felt the same way I was excited im like Janet coming Justin coming and Beyonce all within a month or so of each other good music is coming, until I heard the albums, I did like the first 8 tracks off FS/LS that album was good Beyonce coulda kept that shit she came with I was checking for her but no more :filenails:

!!!!! Even the radio DJs in GA were saying that when it came out. I always loved the beat to the song though. I ended up buying the album 2 years later...I just downloaded her last album and removed the songs I didn't care for.

I appreciated the song 2 years later..especially when Jay comes on..That shit was HOT!

I felt the same way I was excited im like Janet coming Justin coming and Beyonce all within a month or so of each other good music is coming, until I heard the albums, I did like the first 8 tracks off FS/LS that album was good Beyonce coulda kept that shit she came with I was checking for her but no more :filenails:

Once Janet announced her coming, the lessers followed.

He knows it won't happen. Even with Bey on break, Ashanti went back on 106 & Park and gave this horrible performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2oRQuy-v1k

Why would people want to support THAT when we still have the chick that easily tossed her off the map :umm:

THANK YOU :lol: That bitch has always been a damn joke to me...Everytime she performs ...she's give you TALENT SHOW teas. :lmao: I could NEVER take this girl seriously and to think she actually has ppl that will go to bat for her is :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Archived