What's the ONE song you are OBSESSED with RIGHT NOW

LyricalLesson

On this Sunday, May 15th ( the day before Janet's birthday

^_^ ) I am OBSESSED with Cee-Lo Green's song "Bright Lights, Bigger City" . . . literally just heard it 2 days ago on the radio for the very first time on my way to work. I swear, it was my destiny to hear it at that point in time. I NEVER listen to the radio, I ALWAYS listen to my media player when I'm driving. I hadn't turned it on yet, and I accidentally tapped the radio button, and on comes this bass line that sounds exactly like the "Billie Jean" bass line . . . I was like "Did some dance music idiot remake BILLIE JEAN?!" :lol: Then on comes that familiar vocal of Cee-Lo's . . . then that AMAZING CHORUS hits, THAT HYPED SYMPHONIC-LIKE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTATION ON FULL DISPLAY! I was hooked, and I KNEW I had to record a cover even though I didn't know the song. I downloaded the song and the instrumental yesterday, recorded the cover, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. I'm sure I've listened to it about 100 times between yeterday and today. :excited: :excited: :excited: I'd call that "obsession" with a capital "O".

What song, above ANY other ones, are you obsessed with right now?

I listen to this EVERYDAY. Its something about it that sounds like throwback Mary. Even the way Jeremiah sings the hook is reminiscent of Mary..the melody ..the tone..he damn near sounds like her :lol:

:o :o :o :o :o This is fuckin' Jeremih?! You are NOT playin . . . From the FIRST note it sounds Mary-like! And if it wasn't for him saying 'girl' I would have thought it was a female vocalist trying to swagger-jack Mary, even the beat screams Mary :lmao: . . .THANK YOU FOR POSTING THOUGH! This shit is HOT! I've always liked Lloyd Banks, he hadn't been bringin' heat for a while, but he came back HARD on this one, and this is the best I've heard Jeremih sing ever. :thumbup:

:o :o :o :o :o This is fuckin' Jeremih?! You are NOT playin . . . From the FIRST note it sounds Mary-like! And if it wasn't for him saying 'girl' I would have thought it was a female vocalist trying to swagger-jack Mary, even the beat screams Mary :lmao: . . .THANK YOU FOR POSTING THOUGH! This shit is HOT! I've always liked Lloyd Banks, he hadn't been bringin' heat for a while, but he came back HARD on this one, and this is the best I've heard Jeremih sing ever. :thumbup:

YUP!!!! I swear when I first heard this I thought it was Mary because the song starts off with the chorus first...and I was like MARY'S Back??????? :lmao: And then when Lloyd came in...I was like "oh,she's just singing the hook for dis fool" :umm: but then I heard Jeremih say "girl" and thats what threw me...and on some parts he does sound like a guy singing. So I was confused.So I was dying to know who this person was..then when the song went off the radio dj said "Lloyd Banks and Jeremiah" ..my mouth dropped...that was the LAST person I thought it was singing the hook. That song definately has Mary written all over it..I think thats why I like it sooooo much. Even when my homeboi got in my car he was like .."Aint that Mary" ..I was like nope..thats a dude..he was like "WHAT?...a dude???" :lol: :lol:

"Joga" by Bjork. :thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful. :blush:

I'm just really getting into Bjork recently. I still don't see why she is considered a pop artist, when what she does is far from pop. I see her as more electronic, but even that's limiting since some of her shit borders on industrial.

"Joga" by Bjork. :thumbup:

Absolutely beautiful. :blush:

I'm just really getting into Bjork recently. I still don't see why she is considered a pop artist, when what she does is far from pop. I see her as more electronic, but even that's limiting since some of her shit borders on industrial.

my bjork :wub:

and she is not considered Pop , the thing is that her most comercial albums had pop elements (Debut and Post) like It's Oh so Quiet and she really hit the mainstream with them but apart from that she was/is always seen as alternative which she is .

She often says that she used Electronic to grab peoples attention (again post and Debut) but that was never really the focus she wanted on her music . I wouldn't consider Joga electronic although i understand why some do

The thing about Bjork is that not even her albums show how much range her music has, you'd have to go listen to all the b-sides plus all the soundtracks (specially Drawing Restraint 9) she has made to even get a sense of her essence.

that's one of the reasons why she is my #1 artist :wub:

Archived