The Official Beyoncé Thread

TwistedElegance™

If she wanted hits she'd probably have done the typical album release with full on promo. She'd have released this on Monday instead of today. She clearly doesn't. There's no hits on this album but it has some great tracks. And these are some of her best videos she's done.

• Upvote 2

If she wanted hits she'd probably have done the typical album release with full on promo. She'd have released this on Monday instead of today. She clearly doesn't. There's no hits on this album but it has some great tracks. And these are some of her best videos she's done.

She's scared to flop. Releasing this way means if it doesn't sell, she didn't try that hard anyway, and if it does, she didn't even try.

She put out an album in an unconventional way to compete in a dying industry. That doesn't mean that she's not looking for success.

• Upvote 1

not only that, there is a song or vid cant remember which one where she blatantly talks shit about the music industry i hope she isn't about to crazy bc everytime artists talk shit about the industry they go crazy or the career really takes a turn for the worst lol

Beysus..her insight.

She's scared to flop. Releasing this way means if it doesn't sell, she didn't try that hard anyway, and if it does, she didn't even try.

She's already "flopped" according to most so I doubt it's that. Not many can simply put an album out there with no announcement or single or anything and cause a frenzy. She's just gone and done a Radiohead/Prince and put it all out there and said fuck this shit.

She put out an album in an unconventional way to compete in a dying industry. That doesn't mean that she's not looking for success.

She clearly does not want a hit. She's put out all the damn songs and videos out already so it's clear she wont have a hit album. As for a hit album - I doubt it too. She got her Pepsi money and re-couped that from the tour and placed herself on Forbes without an album - she clearly does not curr. I foresee a part 2 next year tbh.

not only that, there is a song or vid cant remember which one where she blatantly talks shit about the music industry i hope she isn't about to crazy bc everytime artists talk shit about the industry they go crazy or the career really takes a turn for the worst lol

True :lol:. She said something about cutting out the middle man and how the industry is so boring the way it is. I doubt she's cray cray though :lol:.

"I didn't want to release my music the way I've done it," she states. "I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There's so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn't want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it's ready and from me to my fans."

I kind of respect her for this. No gimmicks or price-cuts or teasers or weeks of hype etc.

The hype and teasers is what it's all about..

Her label promised an "epic" album.. And she released this 4 reject... :sigh:

No. That's redundant now. It's about time someone tried something "new" (although it's not particularly new?)

Played it again this morning. still hasnt grown on me. Partition still the only bumper. That one about the music industry and people iving paycheck to paycheck 9-5 has a cool video though

All the videos are hawt imo. The songs not as much but the videos >>>>.

I'm a little disappointed in the album but I like most of the songs.

She clearly does not want a hit. She's put out all the damn songs and videos out already so it's clear she wont have a hit album. As for a hit album - I doubt it too. She got her Pepsi money and re-couped that from the tour and placed herself on Forbes without an album - she clearly does not curr. I foresee a part 2 next year tbh.

Of course she wants a hit album. She's a commercial artist. lol

Putting it out a different way doesn't signify that she suddenly isn't concerned with sales.

Of course she wants a hit album. She's a commercial artist. lol

Putting it out a different way doesn't signify that she suddenly isn't concerned with sales.

No one gets a hit album this way - with no single, no promo, no hype, no announcement...unless they die just after the release date.

Although she sold 80,000 in 3 hours.

She never talks about her life, or jay z. I mean we're just now getting a song about her perception of the industry. How about her pregnancy, her relationship with the ex members of destiny's child? A song about her father? I'm sure she has stalkers? She needs to spill beans on some of these things in her music.

Heck a slot of artists do. I'm getting bored

She never talks about her life, or jay z. I mean we're just now getting a song about her perception of the industry. How about her pregnancy, her relationship with the ex members of destiny's child? A song about her father? I'm sure she has stalkers? She needs to spill beans on some of these things in her music.

Heck a slot of artists do. I'm getting bored

Heaven is about the miscarriage.

Blue is obv about Blue Ivy

She references her relationship with Jay throughout (and did it on 4 too).

She talks about the industry.

I agree though. A little more revelation would be nice.

The hype and teasers is what it's all about..

Her label promised an "epic" album.. And she released this 4 reject... :sigh:

That's true.. And when will she learn that ratchet songs don't sell albums...

Justin, Usher, Rihanna all would have had the same hype if they waited this long..

Plus people knew an album was coming but they had no clue when..

I mean there were reports and pictures of her shooting videos...

That's true.. And when will she learn that ratchet songs don't sell albums...

Justin, Usher, Rihanna all would have had the same hype if they waited this long..

Plus people knew an album was coming but they had no clue when..

I mean there were reports and pictures of her shooting videos...

How is 2 years long?

Anyway... i never cared for her, but this just changed everything...

There's some great songs on the album and some great video's

I love it when someone changed the game, and she just did and has some great tracks and vids to back it up

I'm actually gonna buy tickets now to see her in Antwerp... I would never believe this when i woke up this morning lol