Beyonce.....Thanksgiving night....

Bailey

look at this list...

The Beatles (20)

Mariah Carey (1Cool

Elvis Presley (17) (Pre-Hot 100 charts and Hot 100)

Michael Jackson (13)

Madonna (12) (tie)

The Supremes (12) (tie)

Whitney Houston (11)

Janet Jackson (10) (tie)

Stevie Wonder (10) (tie)

Bee Gees (9) (tie)

Elton John (9) (tie)

Usher (9) (tie)

Rihanna (9) (tie)

now observe....ALLL the LEGENDARY artist on this list.

notice how Rihanna sits comfortable with the GREATS.

notice how rihanna is the YOUNGEST artist there with PLENTY of fuel left in her career.

also notice how rihanna has acheived 9 #1 singles in the SHORTEST amount of time.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

chile this list back in the day when they did it they did have out 5 singles at one time on the radio or the internet, itune etc to sell records. so its much easier now to do it. please dont bump ur head and even try to compare riri with this list of real talent <_<:rolleyes:

Thank You. It seems like some of the girls Here need to start practicing what they preach. Brush Up On Those reading comprehension skills.

The kids here have a problem with getting flustered up in their own arguments after they lose all sense of what they were trying to say. It's quite hilarious.

The kids here have a problem with getting flustered up in their own arguments after they lose all sense of what they were trying to say. It's quite hilarious.

:blink:

That's definitely not the case here. -_-

I really think you two should go back and read what I actually said. I'll give y'all the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you misinterpreted it...I was sllightly joking previously, I refuse to believe that you're unable to read ;)

You missed the point. The underlying pretense is elongated success, not short lived.

Nah, the point is that ol' boy called a 4x platinum album with a multi-week #1 single and an extremely popular #3 single...a FLOP. :lmao:

That makes absolutely no sense, seeing as though the chick you two stan for sold considerably less than that with her last album. :umm:

And don't bring up the same tired excuse that this is a different day and age (that people don't buy records the way they used to)...when artists like Taylor Swift, Eminem, Lil' Wayne, and Susan Boyle notch platinum status albums scanned in the first week. People will buy the album if it is worth buying. If they don't...then maybe that should tell you something. :yep:

:blink:

That's definitely not the case here. -_-

I really think you two should go back and read what I actually said. I'll give y'all the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you misinterpreted it...I was sllightly joking previously, I refuse to believe that you're unable to read ;)

No, the pretenses of your argument suggest that Beyonce pretty much had everything in the bag with her first solo effort and didn't have to worry about the adventures and struggles of say a nobody trying to release an album. PutYOHandINHISFACE countered your argument saying Sony wasn't interested in her album and were more focused on Kelly's album since she had the hit out. Plus "Work It Out" scared Sony into what direction they wanted Beyonce's first solo effort to go in. These are similar scenarios that "nobody" artists have when releasing their first efforts in the sense of label taking a risk with the artist, picking songs/singles, marketability of material, etc.

Nah, the point is that ol' boy called a 4x platinum album with a multi-week #1 single and an extremely popular #3 single...a FLOP. :lmao:

That makes absolutely no sense, seeing as though the chick you two stan for sold considerably less than that with her last album. :umm:

And don't bring up the same tired excuse that this is a different day and age (that people don't buy records the way they used to)...when artists like Taylor Swift, Eminem, Lil' Wayne, and Susan Boyle notch platinum status albums scanned in the first week. People will buy the album if it is worth buying. If they don't...then maybe that should tell you something. :yep:

Find his post there PutYOHandINHISFACE called Sisqo a flop. You missed the point, and that point was PROLONGED success. Sisqo capitalized off the success of Dru Hill. The public got tired of him. That did not happen to Beyonce because she's still here 3 albums later. The point PutYOHandINHISFACE was making is that just because you come from a popular group, you are not guaranteed success.

No, the pretenses of your argument suggest that Beyonce pretty much had everything in the bag with her first solo effort and didn't have to worry about the adventures and struggles of say a nobody trying to release an album. PutYOHandINHISFACE countered your argument saying Sony wasn't interested in her album and were more focused on Kelly's album since she had the hit out. Plus "Work It Out" scared Sony into what direction they wanted Beyonce's first solo effort to go in. These are similar scenarios that "nobody" artists have when releasing their first efforts in the sense of label taking a risk with the artist, picking songs/singles, marketability of material, etc.

Again...NEVER did I say Beyonce had SUCCESS in the bag when it came time for the debut of her first album. All I said was she already had clout in the music industry, and she had all of the tools necessary (i.e. fame, money, attention, promotion, daddy) to venture out and put out a auality album for the masses. Rihanna and Gaga DID NOT have all of those luxuries, they were virtually unknown, especially Gaga. If you'd like to assume that I somehow meant what y'all are claiming, I can't stop you. It's all good ;)

Plus, "Work It Out" wasn't even an album single, it was a single from a music soundtrack, and it wasn't even radio friendly. I'm SURE Columbia wasn't as terrified as previously stated, because contrary to what was stated before, they came out in FULL FORCE with "Crazy In Love" and "Dangerously In Love" (the album)...I hope y'all don't truly believe that she did "most" of the initial funding for the product herself. I know that was said for "B'Day" and that may be true because she wanted to make a video for each track. And being that her Dad was her manager, and owns Music World, you know dang well that she isn't as "at the mercy" of her label as say Gaga is, (and in Rihanna's case: is) :D

Find his post there PutYOHandINHISFACE called Sisqo a flop. You missed the point, and that point was PROLONGED success. Sisqo capitalized off the success of Dru Hill. The public got tired of him. That did not happen to Beyonce because she's still here 3 albums later. The point PutYOHandINHISFACE was making is that just because you come from a popular group, you are not guaranteed success.

:lol: So that was the point? Okay, fair enough.

But I don't agree with that point. You just can't call someone who scored a 4x platinum album, and a platinum second album a "flop" it just doesn't ring true. The fact that the public grew tired of him, and he capitalized off of Dru Hill's success still doesn't take away from those numbers, my friend. When you sell 4+ million copies of an album, you cannot be considered a "flop"...maybe you could say his later albums "flopped".

You could say Kelly Rowland is a "flop"...you could say Donnie Klang is a "flop", you could say Brooke Valentine, Sammie, Olivia, and Mario are "flops" because they haven't reached an enviable height of sucess after more than one try. But Sisqo doesn't fit in there.

I don't even know why I keep going on about this, I don't even really like Sisqo :lol:

I Never Said Anything Of The Sort. A lot of People Have 1 hit album. 1 hit album doesn't create longevity. and Beyonce's Last Album sold 7 million worldwide and created a global iconic dance craze. She broke records with her album and made history with her videos and singles. Let Me Know when Mr. "unleash the dragon" will do it. Clearly he's been solo since before DC got big and he still hasn't done it. and FYI beyonce's First album>>>>> His.

but her being that successful she should have sold more that what she did that's the point he's getting at

first read the whole thread and stop making assumptions :coffee:

She Should've Sold More According to Whom? You? Him? Neither one of you matter to Columbia Records so....An Album Selling Nearly 5 million in the states(as well as outselling the previous DC ALbum At the time in the states & Worldwide "Survivor"), and over 11 million copies worldwide is not by any means horrible for any debut solo artist. Let Me Know When Rihanna has an album to do that much.

She Should've Sold More According to Whom? You? Him? Neither one of you matter to Columbia Records so....An Album Selling Nearly 5 million in the states(as well as outselling the previous DC ALbum At the time in the states & Worldwide "Survivor"), and over 11 million copies worldwide is not by any means horrible for any debut solo artist. Let Me Know When Rihanna has an album to do that much.

she only sold 11 million as a solo artist being honest i though she sold at least 20 million

they way you stan go at it on the internet over her

and her selling 11 million and having the best promo of her being in the girls group I guess that's ok figures but not queen worthy :coffee:

she only sold 11 million as a solo artist being honest i though she sold at least 20 million

they way you stan go at it on the internet over her

and her selling 11 million and having the best promo of her being in the girls group I guess that's ok figures but not queen worthy :coffee:

She's Sold 11.2 Million Albums In The States. She's Sold 25 Million Albums Solo Worldwide. And What Exactly Makes Rihanna Queen Worthy? She has More studio Albums than beyonce yet she's only sold 5 Million. :coffee:

and we are not talking about Rihanna she's not from this country she started out with no promo nothing she was a nobody when beyonce did her first album she was already someone I'm not taking away from what Beyonce has done but really she was force fed to the public and they had no they choice but to like her

she had her foot in everything to get noticed :coffee: