Billboard Report suggests Ciara has signed to Epic Records…

DCNATION

According to Billboard, new Epic Label Group head Antonio ‘L.A’ Reid has signed R&B songstress Ciara after her dramatic departure from Jive Records. The singer encountered her second major flop with the label which prompted her to make a public request for her release. Reid and Ciara have history as she was signed to the mogul’s LaFace Records back in 2003. R&B superstar Usher, also signed to LaFace Records previously, will also reportedly serve under Reid’s handling. There is also mention that Reid will possibly bring over his former Universal Music/Def Jam artists Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez.

The fact that Lopez left Epic last year and Carey leaving Sony nine years ago (the umbrella Epic is served under) makes this situation all the more interesting. If Ciara is in deed signed to Reid and Epic, maybe he can get Jazze Pha on board like he did once upon a time ago. Ever since Ciara stopped working with him, her music has never quite been the same, or that good for that matter. Only time will tell what this latest development will muster up in the future. At the same time, this can be deemed exciting news for Ciara fans. She finally has a home which will serve up distribution of her fifth studio album. Reid has made many questionable decisions in the past regarding his artists. In fact, the malteser headed axeman is notorious for halting promotion if an artist questions his decisions (Sterling Simms, Janet Jackson and Christina Milian all found out the hard way). Having said that, Reid did not get as far as he has with lack of business know-how so maybe he really can put his one-time protege back on the map once again. Only time will tell.

Didn't we do a poll already on whether she could make it back? I mean she does need a serious career make over, but what I am trying to see is where does she fit in the game? Beyonce is in THAT spot, now if she think booty shaking and pole dancing is gonna cut it that strippa act is a hung it up flat screen. I just don't see what she could possibly do ? I dont :filenails:

What kind of makeover..exactly is gonna help her? Hasnt she already tried the pop thing and tried to be Beyonce during the Fantasy Ride era(look & fashion wise)?

She's a lost cause....I just dont see a reboot in her career and this is coming from an optimistic person.

What kind of makeover..exactly is gonna help her? Hasnt she already tried the pop thing and tried to be Beyonce during the Fantasy Ride era(look & fashion wise)?

She's a lost cause....I just dont see a reboot in her career and this is coming from an optimistic person.

I don't think it has to be pop (although the last time the Top 10 knew her was 'Love Sex Magic' :whistle:). It just can't be more of the same. Imagine if she'd sung the hook on LMFAO's 'Party Rock Anthem'? It's like what she does only a hundred times better. Commercially though, there's a good chance dance music will have faded again by the time her album drops.

She should of already been on the Lil Jon, LMFAO, Jermaine Dupri, DJ Class, Kid Cudi, David Guetta, Afrojack movement. It's too late now. I mean she's a DANCER! By the time she's back out the whole movement will be over. :sigh:

I dunno, maybe when Missy, Eve, and Swizz Beats come back out this fall she can hop on the boat with them :unsure:

Archived