The Official Legendtina Aguilera Thread

Mr. Wonder

Sure she can, Mariah had a downward spiral of similar magnitude when she was the same age as Christina, 3 albums in a row, each sold less & less, and then when she turned 35 released 1 of the most successful albums in the last 10 years...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ Christina isn't a performer, right THIS, isn't performing,

P!nk can work a stage, and she can dance like a beast but we have yet to really see her throwdown on a routine and sing at the same time. LOFL the last place is a funny ass reach, I guess you've never heard of Britney Spears.

Mariah has two diamond albums... Christina has 0.. Mariah has actual consistency and fans.. Xtina doesn't.. MC knows how to dress and act.. I can go on and on

She's not.. No one remembers that.. Did that make headlines? That performance is old :lmao:

Did you miss the AMAs where Pink stole the show? And Xtina... Not so much.. Like the Grammy's... Pink rapes the stage... Xtina barely undresses the stage with her eyes.

• Upvote 1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ Christina isn't a performer, right THIS, isn't performing

I think that Dirrty performance is the main one that has been brought up multiple times in this thread to showcase her as a "performer". :unsure:

The thing about Xtina is that she probably only has a handful of really good performances to refer to.

I think that Dirrty performance is the main one that has been brought up multiple times in this thread to showcase her as a "performer". :unsure:

The thing about Xtina is that she probably only has a handful of really good performances to refer to.

Yeah I was gonna say, that performance again? Even great vocals there are like a handful if that that always come up. With others you could almost YouTube them close your eyes and point to one -_-

Mariah has two diamond albums... Christina has 0.. Mariah has actual consistency and fans.. Xtina doesn't.. MC knows how to dress and act.. I can go on and on

She's not.. No one remembers that.. Did that make headlines? That performance is old :lmao:

Did you miss the AMAs where Pink stole the show? And Xtina... Not so much.. Like the Grammy's... Pink rapes the stage... Xtina barely undresses the stage with her eyes.

But Mariah has 3 flop albums in a row.....so does Christina. Point made and can't be broken, sorry.

Actually she did make the headlines, I mean you're really trying to reach but you're

Yea P!nk was the better performance of that show, but again, whats the performance where P!nk performed a song and did hard hitting choreography while singing live at the same time, again, I don't compare P!nk & Christina because they are 2 different types of performers.

Sorry guys, that performance is just my fave from her and shows what I mean about how she's untouchable as a performer compared to her peers. But heres another 1, sorry to break it to the doubters but Christina was always a gread dancer/performer, and it's way more than a handful of videos to show that. Heres another 1 of my faves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rFu0fjRLWM

Ya, I implied that but yea's she's relevant in the media today because of The Voice, and not because of her music

She had a "Mariah Carey Glitter 01" success thing with a flop album and movie, but based on all of her past accomplishments and her being innovative, her mark has been set and imitated. Again because she is the only artist of the Britney, Beyonce/DC, Jessica Simpson generation willing to do what Janet did and take a chance each project by doing something different from the previous, it takes balls, and the ability not to give a fuck about the success. So again judging by her virtually doing NOTHING to support her 1st single of this album (which as I said could've been a hit) it's clear that a hit aint on her mind, or being seen as bigger than Britney or Bey (hell all she had to do was release 2 more albums in the last 10 years at her peak and she would've killed), because frankly if she did, it seems like it was all laid out in front of her............I guess her (and most of us) knowing she's better than them is enough, it's honestly enough for me, she can continue to flop every album and single she release, get fatter and keep going over the top when it's not needed at every performance, she knows she cant be fucked with, and i do too :coffee:

I definitely get that vibe from her :lol: oh and just to correct you her movie "Burlesque" didn't flop. It's budget was $55 million and it grossed only $39 million in the U.S. but an additional $50 million overseas bringing the total to just about $90million
  • Upvote 1

I definitely get that vibe from her :lol: oh and just to correct you her movie "Burlesque" didn't flop. It's budget was $55 million and it grossed only $39 million in the U.S. but an additional $50 million overseas bringing the total to just about $90million

Newspapers, blogs, critics disagree... It under-performed..

Why are u saying Christina doesn't care about selling? She's in a BUSINESS - of course she cares because without sales she's not making money which means no profit for record labels which means end of deal which means Mya status.

Theres alot of artist who didn't care about selling, Janet, Prince, Aretha, Patti, thats all the 1's I know of and they have their share of flops and success. I stand by it, Christina obviously doesn't give a fuck and she earned that, and has the talent not to have to. So I'll say it like Janet said, ofcourse you want what you do to be successful and go over well, but if it doesn't it matters most if you're happy with your end product and the people that are.

But unlike Janet... No success was found in her leaps of taking new steps... Xtina doesn't have a fan base.. They moved on to Gaga and other artists that are consistent

She can't be fucked with on what level? It's one thing to sing.. It's another if no one's listening

THE.END.

Why do ppl keep tryna make Xtina happen? Its just NOT THERE. Even Stevie Wonder could see it.

THE.END.

Why do ppl keep tryna make Xtina happen? Its just NOT THERE. Even Stevie Wonder could see it.

Right she just has all that success, respect and rewards and it's "not there", funny, Stevie'd have an excuse to see that wrong, he's blind, for you not to tho.....

Sadly for that argument if it were true, her debut single for this album would've debut'd lower than it did....people who arent "happening" don't have that kind of debut, hell she did nothing to promote the album and it did better than Ne-Yo & Brandy who both actively promoted their albums for months before their release dates.

The fact that you are comparing her to other flops( Brandy,Neyo) is only validating my point..not helping your case.

Why not compare her to Beyonce,Rih,Gaga, and Katy?

BAHAHA comparing her to Rihanna, Gaga, & Katy is plain stupid, because she made her mark as a icon when nobody knew who those 3 names are, they are as much of her competition asBritney & Beyonce are Janet's compettion, meaning not at all.That plus where did I deny that this album didn't flop? Please point that out to me, my point is she don't care, and she earned that right.

Theres alot of artist who didn't care about selling, Janet, Prince, Aretha, Patti, thats all the 1's I know of and they have their share of flops and success. I stand by it, Christina obviously doesn't give a fuck and she earned that, and has the talent not to have to. So I'll say it like Janet said, ofcourse you want what you do to be successful and go over well, but if it doesn't it matters most if you're happy with your end product and the people that are.

The difference between those artists u named and Xtina is... Xtina had two subpar albums... They have more than 5 and a 20+ career span while Xtina's career died in less than a decade. :blink:

Xtina is 30 something... Janet is 47... You can't compare a legend to a non factor

BAHAHA comparing her to Rihanna, Gaga, & Katy is plain stupid, because she made her mark as a icon when nobody knew who those 3 names are, they are as much of her competition asBritney & Beyonce are Janet's compettion, meaning not at all.That plus where did I deny that this album didn't flop? Please point that out to me, my point is she don't care, and she earned that right.

She earned that right to not care? When? Was it during Bionic or Stripped.. Her sophomore album.

So you can't compare Xtina to anyone of relevance in the past ten years... Only flops like Brandy and Ne-Yo but she has earned the right to not care about sales? :blink:

You know, you're prolly right... She probably is making a better living off the show than she ever have... Lotus is just a record to please her label

She earned that right to not care? When? Was it during Bionic or Stripped.. Her sophomore album.

So you can't compare Xtina to anyone of relevance in the past ten years... Only flops like Brandy and Ne-Yo but she has earned the right to not care about sales? :blink:

You know, you're prolly right... She probably is making a better living off the show than she ever have... Lotus is just a record to please her label

It was more so around the Back To Basics era, that era was more successful than the singles chart performances.

Not the last 10 years, but more so the last 5 years, so pretty much directly Rihanna, Katy, & Gaga, they're for a whole new generation,they were new namers, while she'd been successful for almost 10 years at that point.

It's showing evident that that very well may be the case like if she DOES care about sales and #1's and mega success, maybe it's at the very least not important for this era, maybe this was just more of an obligation than a labor of love. The Voice seems to be the labor of love, she seems to REALLLY be invested in that show, and what she's doing on it for.

It was more so around the Back To Basics era, that era was more successful than the singles chart performances.

Not the last 10 years, but more so the last 5 years, so pretty much directly Rihanna, Katy, & Gaga, they're for a whole new generation,they were new namers, while she'd been successful for almost 10 years at that point.

It's showing evident that that very well may be the case like if she DOES care about sales and #1's and mega success, maybe it's at the very least not important for this era, maybe this was just more of an obligation than a labor of love. The Voice seems to be the labor of love, she seems to REALLLY be invested in that show, and what she's doing on it for.

It only sold that well because of the success of her best selling album... (much like all artists after they had a huge album)

she's only been successful from 99-06... That's 7 years... comparing that the legend's 30 year span is redic... Meanwhile Rihanna was working on her 2nd album and first platinum in 06.. Xtina is no icon... She hasn't even surpassed the 3-way between Britney & P!nk.. & Who is influenced by Xtina? Lady Gaga... and she now copies from her... sooo...

I agree on that... I think she's more worried about the show instead of her career... which is fine.. but I think she knows she's in the crapper but I don't think she's at the position to say "i've had my success... why go for more"... or she had to say it too soon :coffee: THE VOICE wasn't a choice as it was a career path to live a stable rich life

http://www.allmusic....0780258/related

It only sold that well because of the success of her best selling album... (much like all artists after they had a huge album)

she's only been successful from 99-06... That's 7 years... comparing that the legend's 30 year span is redic... Meanwhile Rihanna was working on her 2nd album and first platinum in 06.. Xtina is no icon... She hasn't even surpassed the 3-way between Britney & P!nk.. & Who is influenced by Xtina? Lady Gaga... and she now copies from her... sooo...

I agree on that... I think she's more worried about the show instead of her career... which is fine.. but I think she knows she's in the crapper but I don't think she's at the position to say "i've had my success... why go for more"... or she had to say it too soon :coffee: THE VOICE wasn't a choice as it was a career path to live a stable rich life

http://www.allmusic....0780258/related

On the 1st 2 points actually it was 1999-2008, her greatest hits album (which I think most artist release when they know they/re close to the peak or in it.) had a top 10 charting song and hot performances, plus agian I remind you she had the most successful tour of 2007, 06 was not the end. And Christina was doing the crazy outfits and hair before Gaga, thats been off & on for years, Hell the back to basics era is what jumpstarted seemingly every women in the industry all of the sudden pulling on looks and sounds from the 30's-50's. Xtina is a icon, to say she isn't is purely based on your opinion, but the 1 song Beautiful, and it's following, and success, and praise kinda says otherwise

I think she could live a stable rich life on her songwritting royalties alone, I'd only think it weren't a choice if she released like 3 flop albums in a row, not 1 Hell she could've toured for Bionic and tried to boost the sales. Hell behind Janet she was the other most talked about performance on Idol in 2010 (and mostly positive), but with her previous tour being as successful as it was, if she does care like that, it would be a let down if the followup tour was less, which has yet to be seen. But again based on the way she talks about recording and writting she does have the "fuck sales" persona, that she does her stuff how she does it whether people like it or not, and personally I think she'searned that but in a way she's been that way since Stripped.

I think some of you are giving Christina too much :umm:

Stripped was her peak. She's been downhill since. She was always a distant second to britney - then pink came and outdid her. Then she shifted focus and gaga came and outdid her by miles.

She's always the bridesmaid and never the bride. She was successful but she has never been a superstar like Britney or Gaga. She hasn't done enough to be a legend.

To be honest, she's on brandys level. Brandy is just further along the road. Both were big stars and successful, neither were superstars, and neither has had a long run of success to put them at Janet legend status where they can sit back and say "where these girls are, I've been, I've done it and I've seen it."

• Upvote 2

On the 1st 2 points actually it was 1999-2008, her greatest hits album (which I think most artist release when they know they/re close to the peak or in it.) had a top 10 charting song and hot performances, plus agian I remind you she had the most successful tour of 2007, 06 was not the end. And Christina was doing the crazy outfits and hair before Gaga, thats been off & on for years, Hell the back to basics era is what jumpstarted seemingly every women in the industry all of the sudden pulling on looks and sounds from the 30's-50's. Xtina is a icon, to say she isn't is purely based on your opinion, but the 1 song Beautiful, and it's following, and success, and praise kinda says otherwise

I think she could live a stable rich life on her songwritting royalties alone, I'd only think it weren't a choice if she released like 3 flop albums in a row, not 1 Hell she could've toured for Bionic and tried to boost the sales. Hell behind Janet she was the other most talked about performance on Idol in 2010 (and mostly positive), but with her previous tour being as successful as it was, if she does care like that, it would be a let down if the followup tour was less, which has yet to be seen. But again based on the way she talks about recording and writting she does have the "fuck sales" persona, that she does her stuff how she does it whether people like it or not, and personally I think she'searned that but in a way she's been that way since Stripped.

Yes.. the GH album.. and that performance that looked weak and Lady Gaga-ish... Yes.. ONE tour in 2006... it's gonna take more than one tour to hold a position in the music industry... if you can't push album or singles to platinum status... you pretty much lost your place..

I don't remember any one else besides Janet in American Idol... I think Janet stole the show and no one else mattered

I think some of you are giving Christina too much :umm:

Stripped was her peak. She's been downhill since. She was always a distant second to britney - then pink came and outdid her. Then she shifted focus and gaga came and outdid her by miles.

She's always the bridesmaid and never the bride. She was successful but she has never been a superstar like Britney or Gaga. She hasn't done enough to be a legend.

To be honest, she's on brandys level. Brandy is just further along the road. Both were big stars and successful, neither were superstars, and neither has had a long run of success to put them at Janet legend status where they can sit back and say "where these girls are, I've been, I've done it and I've seen it."

I don't think most of you give her enough and what she desserves, so I'll stan for her, mainly cause I'm bored but also I know enough about her to. And you're giving Gaga entirely too much, great as she is, she hasn't been a known name for 5 years, hell barely 4, she's not a model for longevity, hell and with what the singles for Born This Way and the 2nd week sales drop, we don't know yet where her career is headed, so making her out to be more Iconic and potentially legendary than Christina is doing the most, when her success and sales thus far isn't exactly eclipsing Christina. How was stripped her peak when she slayed everywhere with Back To Basics and again, had the most successful tour of 07,....wouldn't that qualify as a peak?

Brandy's level? :lmao: Christina has more sells and woldwide hits and popularity than Brandy, I love them both but they are 2 very different types of atist with different amounts of success, I never said she sold as much or more than Britney or P!nk so why it's in the conversation in the 1st place is kind of odd because nobody said her sales match Britneys.

And you seem to be missing my whole point that judging by how she is and always has been about her career, I don't think she cares about the sales or the success, she seems to be in it for the music, just like Prince. So she doesn't seem bothered by what others think of her career, if she did she'd be releasing the same album over and over like her peers and lessors who do sell more, she passed up that opertunity by doing Stripped in the 1st place :coffee: