Ashanti Covers Whitney Houston’s ‘I Have Nothing’ & ‘I Will Always Love You’

ThatOtherFan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some if you all are haters! Considering Ashanti has never been known for much more than whisper singing a little ditty she surprised me. No she didn't sound like Whitney, but she sounded good. And I know that if janet ever sang those songs just like that you all would be creaming your jeans with surprise and delight.

Some if you all are haters! Considering Ashanti has never been known for much more than whisper singing a little ditty she surprised me. No she didn't sound like Whitney, but she sounded good. And I know that if janet ever sang those songs just like that you all would be creaming your jeans with surprise and delight.

There is no "if" because Janet has enough sense to stay in her "vocal lane". :lmao: :lmao: Keri hilson and Ashanti touching these Whitney ballads to prove vocal ability is laughable. You are completely setting urself up for failure because ppl are certainly gonna compare YOUR version to "THE VOICE's" version,which is a complete flop of an idea to begin with. Bitches need to learn to stay in their lane to rid themselves of a complete SLAM of criticism. Janet would NEVER.

Janet is smart enough to know what songs work for her.

I've never liked people singing Whitney classics. They either don't have the vocal ability to do it, or they overdo it. It never works out.

There is no "if" because Janet has enough sense to stay in her "vocal lane". :lmao: :lmao: Keri hilson and Ashanti touching these Whitney ballads to prove vocal ability is laughable. You are completely setting urself up for failure because ppl are certainly gonna compare YOUR version to "THE VOICE's" version,which is a complete flop of an idea to begin with. Bitches need to learn to stay in their lane to rid themselves of a complete SLAM of criticism. Janet would NEVER.

I don't agree whitney put her stamp on those songs because they are hers anyone else singing it wouldn't be cool imo.... Even J hud over sang some whitney songs and shes a powerful singer.

Ashanti and Keri can sing I feel like you can hear them a bit more than the current Janet. Thats no shade but for the next album I hope Janet focuses more on vocals like she did at the A.I. performance because the dancing is cute but time to try something new.

I wish janet would take risks vocally sometimes.... (no one post anything from the last two decades I'm talking about right now)

no ma'am! :umm:

Archived