Janet Jackson Cancels Show In Brazil For A movie

Idrag4mj

I'm sorry brazil will miss out. But She's been on tour damn near 11 months. Its time to start refocusing on other ventures. It would be great if she could squeeze in a movie, album and a new tour within the next 24 months. :clapping:

She devoted basically a year of her life to this tour, so I can see how she may feel ready to call it a day.

!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait to see her on the big screen again.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what the hell y'all problem is with Janet doing black movies! I never hear crap like Angelina Jolie needs to expand herself and do black movies...damn let her be supportive in her race in movies!!!...she touches all other races in her music is that not enough?!

I don't know what the hell y'all problem is with Janet doing black movies! I never hear crap like Angelina Jolie needs to expand herself and do black movies...damn let her be supportive in her race in movies!!!...she touches all other races in her music is that not enough?!

Folks got on Angelina for doing playing a half-black lady (forgot the movie). It's not so much of Janet doing "black" movies...it moreso has to do with her sticking to one person whose movies are mainly limited to the States (and even to a limited number of theaters in the States). I hope she's doing a sick and twisted Horror movie this time.

Folks got on Angelina for doing playing a half-black lady (forgot the movie). It's not so much of Janet doing "black" movies...it moreso has to do with her sticking to one person whose movies are mainly limited to the States (and even to a limited number of theaters in the States).

Basically. Along with working with directors that don't show her true acting potential.

and make her seem like a terrible actress when she's not

:blink: ............. I didnt see that

Im with you guys 100% on she needs more diversity in her roles, but Im not with your reasons why she shouldnt work with Tyler, I think they do work well together (despite my dislike for his writing) but I think he proved to a new generation that she can act.

Bottom line for me, Janet proved she's a great actress, but she needs to open her horizons more when it comes to her audiences. And I've said before Im 50/50 on TP movies, I can appreciate the good, but I do realize the low quality writing, but my issue is her ONLY working with him.

and make her seem like a terrible actress when she's not

I don't think anyone thinks she's a bad actress, she's actually been praised quite a bit for her acting. She just needs someone who is going to stretch her as an actress. A few episodes on like CSI or Law & Order would be good for her, imo. Drama is clearly her niche, but she should branch out into something like Babs' role in Meet The Fockers, something to that tune.

because she's not black :umm:

i don't think it's Tyler Perry.. isn't he already shooting a movie or about to? :unsure: or is it done by now :shifty:

because she's not black :umm:

i don't think it's Tyler Perry.. isn't he already shooting a movie or about to? :unsure: or is it done by now :shifty:

What I mean by that is people here are always saying they are tired of her doing an all black movie with an all black cast and al black director...and what I'm saying is what's wrong with that?! No one questions a white actor why they do an all white movie with an all white cast and a white director

What I mean by that is people here are always saying they are tired of her doing an all black movie with an all black cast and al black director...and what I'm saying is what's wrong with that?! No one questions a white actor why they do an all white movie with an all white cast and a white director

Because of this reason:

I just hope this film is international and widespread and not another black American limited release.

Her recent films have all been very limited, audience wise. Not just because of the all-black cast, but because 99% of "black American films" are only marketed to black people in America.

Some of us want her to spread her wings with a project that appeals, and is actually marketed, to a wider audience.

Do you know how hard it was in a lot of places to find a theatre that played WDIGM?, WDIGMT? and FCG?

no ..i don't think so..i started hearing rumors on twitter that janet has been cast in the new tyler perry film

i know brandy and stank ass kim kardashion is in it...i wonder how that bitch feels looking brandy in the face after stealing from her...smh

either way im happy janet is doing janet

Because of this reason:

Her recent films have all been very limited, audience wise. Not just because of the all-black cast, but because 99% of "black American films" are only marketed to black people in America.

Some of us want her to spread her wings with a project that appeals, and is actually marketed, to a wider audience.

Do you know how hard it was in a lot of places to find a theatre that played WDIGM?, WDIGMT? and FCG?

this is so not true...not only black people get married...the movie deals with marriage thats worldwide!...so why do yall keep saying that?

this is so not true...not only black people get married...the movie deals with marriage thats worldwide!...so why do yall keep saying that?

I don't think you understood me. I said:

"...99% of "black American films" are only marketed to black people in America."

I agree that marriage appeals to a lot of people, but that film was not marketed on a worldwide scale. They stuck to Tyler's core audience, which is black Americans.

Archived