Is it Usher's TIME yet???

janetDAYZ

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is he worthy of being acknowledged by winning SPECIAL awards of high achievement?

• Yes,its been LONG over due!!!!!!!!
    • Yeah,he should be gettin them by his next release
    • Um ...not quite yet..he needs a few more years..
    • Puhleeze that BITCH will NEVER see the day!!!!

The only thing people refer to when it comes to Usher is Confessions. That's all and that doesn't make him worthy of being honored in any shape or form. You can talk to any R&B fan and they wouldn't list Usher as someone who has contributed to R&B.

I dont know if thats true. The generation after him of r&b acts list Usher as an influence. Chris,Omari,JAson,etc ..Im not tryna fight for him too much,just saying. :lol:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As cocky as Usher is Im surprised he doesnt ASSERT himself more these dayz to somewhat "demand" high honors.

Well let's see, name one brutha in R&B that has a high profile? I mean they took Chris Brown and tried to roast the brutha he just came harder. I'm saying maybe Usher and his people, esp having kids, said just make yo paper boo boo don't be all in they face like Beyonce :filenails:

I dont know if thats true. The generation after him of r&b acts list Usher as an influence. Chris,Omari,JAson,etc ..Im not tryna fight for him too much,just saying. :lol:

this is true Usher spinned off a whole lot of MJ wanna bees and he was the first good one in minute

Thats what makes me wondering is THAT why his accomplishments has been overlooked to even consider him for the high achievement awards,at this point. Like when Janet started winning all her BIG awards was during A4u era when she was still HOT and selling...Maybe he needs another successful album for them to acknowledge him.

Usher doesn't have the star quality of a Janet or Beyonce for some reason. Christina Aguilera is like that too. They are big. Have the numbers, but the charisma and likability isn't there.

Thats what makes me wondering is THAT why his accomplishments has been overlooked to even consider him for the high achievement awards,at this point. Like when Janet started winning all her BIG awards was during A4u era when she was still HOT and selling...Maybe he needs another successful album for them to acknowledge him.

This is why i voted for the 3rd option!

Knowing how cocky Usher is, it probably plays on his mind. He does deserve an award recognising his career though. I think humility plays a big part and I don't find Usher to be very humble

Thats why I dont like him...and now to think of it...maybe thats GODS way of bringing him back down to earth.. NO SPECIAL AWARDS!

I think if Usher fell off the face of this Earth, no one will notice. I still love him though but I don't see him as making an impact

!!!!

That's why I never understand why some people try to pair him with Beyonce. Eh Beyonce already left her mark and made an impact as for Usher?? Nah. He's forgettable.

Oh no, honey that is not the biz, he has had several hits before and after, he toured as Janet's opening act well before Confessions, I just think we don't break a brutha off his due something proper, I bet folks think Justin Timberlake is a great artist, with all of 2 fucking albums...Ch. :filenails:

I never said he didn't have hits. I know he does but there's a big difference between having hits and classics. At the end, classics >>>>> hits. There's no point if you rack #1 hits and people forget them 2 years later.

Justin Timberlake is a good artist and surprisingly has left people wanting more of his music after several years. I don't see it for Usher.

I dont know if thats true. The generation after him of r&b acts list MJ as an influence. Chris,Omari,JAson,etc ..Im not tryna fight for him too much,just saying. :lol:

Fixed.

I never said he didn't have hits. I know he does but there's a big difference between having hits and classics. At the end, classics >>>>> hits. There's no point if you rack #1 hits and people forget them 2 years later.

Justin Timberlake is a good artist and surprisingly has left people wanting more of his music after several years. I don't see it for Usher.

I guess you're right. Look at how big Britney was..and her impact and she has yet to win the BIG shit. :lol: Just shoot me..if that bitch ever start taking those awards home. :mellow:

I guess you're right. Look at how big Britney was..and her impact and she has yet to win the BIG shit. :lol: Just shoot me..if that bitch ever start taking those awards home. :mellow:

Britney has left a big impact on Pop culture but she's not taken seriously by critics... at all. The only place she will be honored is on award shows like MTV, AMA and Billboard. Basically, award shows based on popularity.

Puhlese. You're probably still butthurt about the SB event, lmfaoo.

Justin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Flusher

Um no I like JT, BUT the evidence speaks for itself, JT has not done as much musically as Usher, that is not an opinion that is a simple fact, Usher has over twice as many hits and albums under his belt as JT.....FACT

Archived