Katy Perry Readies ‘Teenage Dream’ Re-Release

DCNATION

Set to hit stores on March 13th, the retooled set -dubbed ‘Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection’- will include new tracks. And while the name of the cuts are presently unconfirmed, ‘Dressing Up’ and ‘Part Of Me’ – two new Perry tracks which recently “surfaced” – have been wiped off Youtube in their entirety.

A re-release at this stage just seems silly. In actuality, it should've happened much sooner. Come May, the Teenage Dream era will be two-years-old, and she's accomplished a lot in those two years. Just be proud of that and wrap it up. Also, 'Dressing Up' and 'Part Of Me' leaked an eternity ago. They shouldn't count as new material.

Ask Billboard: Are Chart Rule Changes Needed? Readers Respond

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your thoughts.

As for Perry breaking any mark with a re-released version of "Teenage Dream," I agree that such a move, were it to grant her any further Hot 100 No. 1s, would dilute the purity of the achievement. We'd also note that any such combined No. 1 total would result from the release of a reissue, as we have in prior editorial content covering Rihanna's three Hot 100 toppers from the original (one) and reissue (two) of her album "Good Girl Gone Bad."

And, if a potential reissued "Dream" charted separately from the original version on the Billboard 200 - such mergings depend on the amount of new content on a re-release - we would consider any No. 1s from the reissue as from an entirely new album.

Please read on for more reader reaction. As John Hammond said in "Jurassic Park" when the "blood-sucking lawyer" attempted to quiet a dissenting Ian Malcolm, "I want to hear every viewpoint. I really do."

(Considering how their "weekend excursion" ended, however, perhaps I should employ a different analogy).

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat#/column/chartbeat/ask-billboard-are-chart-rule-changes-needed-1005771152.story

----

Gwarl, boom. :filenails:

A re-release at this stage just seems silly. In actuality, it should've happened much sooner. Come May, the Teenage Dream era will be two-years-old, and she's accomplished a lot in those two years. Just be proud of that and wrap it up. Also, 'Dressing Up' and 'Part Of Me' leaked an eternity ago. They shouldn't count as new material.

^^ this :filenails:

Archived