Is the music industry dying with the Greats?

bu.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has Money dahling , Money ... Anyone with alot of money can make an album, and when you're Britney Spears, you can hire the best

Not at all. Madonna has more money than Britney to hire the best, but her last album was terrible, and so is her new single. Even Britney's circus album wasn't anything great, b/c she didnt have much control over that album. Britney's best albums to date are the one's that SHE was the most involved in(In The Zone & Blackout)

I have NEVER heared anyone refer to Britney as influential ... I don't know any artist who says that. I think you're giving her more credit than she's due. Britney is no major innovator. She did have potential at one point, but her attitude towards her whole career in the last 5-6 years, no one is taking britney seriously. Alot of people forget how media driven Britneys career was. She's a pop icon, but it stops about there. Influence and innovation. No

I have seen receipts of artists listing Britney as an influence. I won't bother posting them because I'm sparing you the "And who is that? What has she done? Where is she now?" type comments. Not here for that.

The rest of your post is just mindless babble that doesn't deserve my font or HTML formatting. Good day, as you Brits say.

because of the poster(s) age, they refuse to think you're right

Which seems to be a problem in the world today. 23kus1j.gif

Some of you just pull these comments straight out of your asses

20go6cj.jpg

Her producers made Blackout what it was.

20j30pe.jpg

She cannot sing we ALL know this,

I read an article from one of Britney's producers who said that there's only so much autotune can fix. So Britney CAN sing. There's more to singing than just a pretty tone and nice chords.

she was barely present for Blackout, they had to make videos without her, she was at the height of her crazy. Any white girl coulda been put in that studio and read the lyrics off lyric sheets.

Any white girl couldn't have done those songs. Britney's interpretation of the song made those songs. Hence why someone like a Whitney can cover a song, and it be more successful than the original.

Her father had to manage her life, her producers had to manage her career. No ones arguing she wasnt successful and I think some of the Blackout songs are hot. But that is because of the production. I give the credit where it is due. It had hot producers doing hot things. And she should thank god everyday between pills that her family and producers kept her rolling in cash while she was crazy as hell or she coulda died early cause it sure seemed like she was on that path.

So now we're attributing all the work to her producers? If we're playing that game, artists like Janet, Donna, Madonna, James Brown, Frank Sinatra, etc really haven't done anything for the industry. Janet has said there's so many people that make Janet "Janet Jackson". The artist is a product of their team.

I have seen receipts of artists listing Britney as an influence. I won't bother posting them because I'm sparing you the "And who is that? What has she done? Where is she now?" type comments. Not here for that.

The rest of your post is just mindless babble that doesn't deserve my font or HTML formatting. Good day, as you Brits say.

Which seems to be a problem in the world today. 23kus1j.gif

20go6cj.jpg

Your attempts to be whitty are becoming so redundant

Janet also had song written for he.... And like Whitney, she delivered and made it her own. There's NOBODY like her. You can't say the same about Britney. You see Britney, and she's done NOTHING you haven't seen before but amaze people who are ok with mediocre copycats.

psh

For once, and I know this may be hard for you, but STFU.

You didn't like her, we get it, but at the very least, show some respect or get out. It's the same bullshit you did with Michael and it's the same stupid bullshit you did with Amy Winehouse. Just STFU before you make me do something I may or may not regret. But to be frank, I don't have much tolerance for your antagonism right now.

:coffee: your opinion is duly noted

but i have the freedom of opinion.. if you don't want to read or talk about it... i suggest you go to the TMZ thread

2eppq15.jpg @ you telling Angie what to do on her own forum

it's a forum... for discussions, i didn't break any rules... maybe she should add a clause that says "you can't talk about dead people" to the forum rules :umm:

I am neither trolling... nor did I disrespect Whitney... I haven't once mentioned her personal life... i'm just talking about her career... and what's wrong with that

it's a forum... for discussions, i didn't break any rules... maybe she should add a clause that says "you can't talk about dead people" to the forum rules:coffee:

and I neither trolled... nor did disrespect Whitney... I haven't once mentioned her troubled lifestyle... i'm just talking about her career

You're as transparent and rotten as a fart :coffee:

No because the greats are generational. Those who are greats to us aren't necessarily to the younger generation. To them the Rihanna's and gagas of the world are. We don't consider them to be greats, just like out parents generation didn't consider MJ Janet and Madonna. They had their greats like the Beatles, Elvis, aretha etc

This pretty much sums it up.

Not at all. Madonna has more money than Britney to hire the best, but her last album was terrible, and so is her new single. Even Britney's circus album wasn't anything great, b/c she didnt have much control over that album. Britney's best albums to date are the one's that SHE was the most involved in(In The Zone & Blackout)

I think Femme Fatale is better than Blackout. Did she have any say on who was working on FF?

This pretty much sums it up.

I think Femme Fatale is better than Blackout. Did she have any say on who was working on FF?

Really? :umm: Not really :lol: She had a lot of imput & wrote a lot of songs for what the album was orginally going to sound like, but jive scrapped it, b/c they felt the album didnt have any "hits". So jive brought dr luke in & He choose a whole new team of people to create sort of a "new" album. Orginally, the album was going to feature a lot of darkchild and danja production, but they never saw the light of day except for darkchilds "He About to Lose Me" & "Dont keep me waiting". "He About to Lose Me" is one of the first songs Britney recorded for the album.

Archived