Is the music industry dying with the Greats?

bu.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness normie, you do seem like you like to push people's buttons for your own entrrtainment at times and at times you are slightly inappropriate with your comments. It's Angies forum and she can do what she likes....

I have to say that most of the time I agree with your comments and you actually have a personality unlike one or two others here that wouldn't have an independent opinion and go against the grain if their lives (or forum popularity) depended on it lol

Since Angie's casing this thread I would suggest nobody get into squabbles :mellow:

------------------------------------------

And as for Angie's rules - since she owns and pays for this forum she reserves the right to change the rules at will whenever she feels it necessary - and she doesn't have to consult with ANYBODY here because we don't pay to be here - she made this forum for us and it's a privilege to be here - not a right.

I think you could tell that better than me after you just attempted to save your ass with that last comment. :filenails:

Save my ass?! Lol cupcake, I always say what I feel on here. I don't care who likes it and who doesn't. I don't need to suck up to anyone, never have and never will. Maybe if you allowed an independent thought to penetrate your mind without putting your suck-up filter on you would understand that.

Save my ass?! Lol cupcake, I always say what I feel on here. I don't care who likes it and who doesn't. I don't need to suck up to anyone, never have and never will. Maybe if you allowed an independent thought to penetrate your mind without putting your suck-up filter on you would understand that.

Yeah yeah, same bullshit, different day. Maybe if you tried an original and honest insult to me I could actually take you seriously. I don't always agree with people on here and my posts will prove that, but unlike you and Game, I can state my own opinion without being a bitch. It's called having respect and class. If you don't like it, then that's your issue. And with that, I'm done.

What this ultimately comes down to is timing. There wouldn't be such an issue if Game's comments were made while Whitney was alive, but because her passing is still fresh and has been a huge talking point on here, they are not welcome at this time. And he can carry on all he likes about forum rules and how he's not a troll (lol!) but he's three from three when it comes to acting an ass over the deaths of much loved artists on this board. I would say it's more of an unspoken rule that you pretty much have to shut up and ignore the topic if you can't participate without baiting fans in mourning. It sounds harsh, but you simply don't get to voice your opinion right now. Common decency trumps fairness.

It's also interesting he won't post in the TMZ thread... why? if there's nothing wrong with his comments and it's a public forum why should one thread make a difference? Is it out of respect or courtesy? HMMM. Well if it matters in one thread, the same is true elsewhere. Whitney is dead on all parts of the forum.

What this ultimately comes down to is timing. There wouldn't be such an issue if Game's comments were made while Whitney was alive, but because her passing is still fresh and has been a huge talking point on here, they are not welcome at this time. And he can carry on all he likes about forum rules and how he's not a troll (lol!) but he's three from three when it comes to acting an ass over the deaths of much loved artists on this board. I would say it's more of an unspoken rule that you pretty much have to shut up and ignore the topic if you can't participate without baiting fans in mourning. It sounds harsh, but you simply don't get to voice your opinion right now. Common decency trumps fairness.

Game doesn't have any common decency :lol:

It's also interesting he won't post in the TMZ thread... why? if there's nothing wrong with his comments and it's a public forum why should one thread make a difference? Is it out of respect or courtesy? HMMM. Well if it matters in one thread, the same is true elsewhere. Whitney is dead on all parts of the forum.

Good point.

Well there you go. :lol:

That's why I put "marginally" in parentheses.

But even if she didn't write or produced most of her songs, she at least has some of what she wanted to records, place on the album, etc.

so she chose what to buy from other people... how original

In all fairness normie, you do seem like you like to push people's buttons for your own entrrtainment at times and at times you are slightly inappropriate with your comments. It's Angies forum and she can do what she likes....

I have to say that most of the time I agree with your comments and you actually have a personality unlike one or two others here that wouldn't have an independent opinion and go against the grain if their lives (or forum popularity) depended on it lol

depends on the topic...

Since Angie's casing this thread I would suggest nobody get into squabbles :mellow:

------------------------------------------

And as for Angie's rules - since she owns and pays for this forum she reserves the right to change the rules at will whenever she feels it necessary - and she doesn't have to consult with ANYBODY here because we don't pay to be here - she made this forum for us and it's a privilege to be here - not a right.

whoa... i understand Angie owns and finances this message board... and no one said she couldn't change the rules... but to make up rules as she sees fit is a bit sketchy... i could see if I were making fun of Whitney's death... but I wasn't.. i was engaging in the conversation

my comments about Whitney have not change.. please quote me saying negative comments about her besides her career post-last week on this board... you cannot... because I made no slanderous post about her personal struggles... like i did with MJ or Amy when they died... (though, with all fairness.. they all died from preventable behaviors)

there were more deaths in this celebrity world than Whit, MJ, & that British chick... they were just the largest and the only one's you remember... like MJ's career, the positive posts are ignored and forgotten...

no such thing as an unspoken rule... and this is a message board... what would be the point of registering if i'm going to ignore the topic... especially if that topic is top notch news... and just because YOU "love" the artist doesn't mean every Tom, Dick, & Harry is going to have you same pathetic humiliating views... and i'm not going to bast in ignorance pretending Whitney was some music GOD when she was just a mop with a voice who died

how about you stop being as dumb as a fish and leave this"bait" you speak of, alone.. :umm:

you have the answers to everything... why?

actually i posted in that thread... once or twice... out of "respect" for the artist, i didn't include my controversial opinions... but this topic is the perfect topic for it... this thread isn't the "official" thread... so i posted my opinions elsewhere on this forum...

:lmao: @ the bold ^

last time i check.. this isn't the WHITNEY HOUSTON MEMORIAL MESSAGE BOARD.. this is Janet Fucking Jackson's board... and that's the reason I'm here.. can't say the same for you tho... :(

I do.. but I haven't...

thank you Paul.. i'm glad outside thinkers still exist

if you want decency... watch Sesame Street... if you want a rowdy discussion, which I have done, see me :wave:

I thought we all were adults... but y'all acting like y'all knew Whitney and that i'm "disrespecting" her personally... and I'm not.. i could.. but i chose not to...

instead I rather focus on her manipulated career in THIS thread

i swear y'all acting like i'm going into every Whitney related thread and just tearing her to part :blink:

my comments about Whitney have not change.. please quote me saying negative comments about her besides her career post-last week on this board... you cannot... because I made no slanderous post about her personal struggles... like i did with MJ or Amy when they died... (though, with all fairness.. they all died from preventable behaviors)

You want a cookie for leaving her personal struggles out of it? Sit down. She was being celebrated and you couldn't take, so you had to point out what you deem to be shortcomings.

there were more deaths in this celebrity world than Whit, MJ, & that British chick... they were just the largest and the only one's you remember... like MJ's career, the positive posts are ignored and forgotten...

You're right. I just pointed out the three most obvious. You're probably ten from ten or something.

no such thing as an unspoken rule... and this is a message board... what would be the point of registering if i'm going to ignore the topic... especially if that topic is top notch news... and just because YOU "love" the artist doesn't mean every Tom, Dick, & Harry is going to have you same pathetic humiliating views... and i'm not going to bast in ignorance pretending Whitney was some music GOD when she was just a mop with a voice who died

Sure there is. We just know it as decency.

how about you stop being as dumb as a fish and leave this"bait" you speak of, alone.. :umm:

Burn. :umm:

You want a cookie for leaving her personal struggles out of it? Sit down. She was being celebrated and you couldn't take, so you had to point out what you deem to be shortcomings.

You're right. I just pointed out the three most obvious. You're probably ten from ten or something.

Sure there is. We just know it as decency.

shortcomings? i only compared her to what she is.. the black britney spears of the 80s & 90s :blink: (or the black female Elvis.. which ever gets ur rocks off).. again i'm not gonna bast in ignorance like yourself and think otherwise...

i truly don't think you read what i said.. maybe you should do some research

i'm sorry... did you find anything yet? can't? oh gosh.. whatever will you do with your time? i'm sure you'll find something... keep looking

yeah she was being celebrated and here i am... jealous cuz i couldn't sing in the 80s/90s.. dammit you figured me out >_<

like i told Selz.. if you want decency, watch Sesame Street.. this is a board full of half naked pictures of straight men... yeah decency... this place is as decent as the Playboy mansion

shortcomings? i only compared her to what she is.. the black britney spears of the 80s & 90s :blink: again.. not gonna bast in ignorance like yourself and think otherwise...

Yes, shortcomings. Refuse to baste in ignorance but happy to baste in fucking nutjob lunacy. The mere fact you were able to write that sentence without your computer exploding is a marvel.

i'm sorry... did you find anything yet? can't? oh gosh.. whatever will you do with your time? i'm sure you'll find something... keep looking

What is it I'm supposed to be looking for? :blink:

yeah she was being celebrated and here i am... jealous cuz i couldn't sing in the 80s/90s.. dammit you figured me out >_<

Never said you were jealous. I didn't even hint at it. But you couldn't let her fans (and even non-fans) discuss her without adding in your 2 ugly cents.

like i told Selz.. if you want decency, watch Sesame Street.. this is a board full of half naked pictures of straight men... yeah decency... this place is as decent as the Playboy mansion

Get the fuck outta here thinking they're the same thing. :lmao:

you have the answers to everything... why?

actually i posted in that thread... once or twice... out of "respect" for the artist, i didn't include my controversial opinions... but this topic is the perfect topic for it... this thread isn't the "official" thread... so i posted my opinions elsewhere on this forum...

:lmao: @ the bold ^

last time i check.. this isn't the WHITNEY HOUSTON MEMORIAL MESSAGE BOARD.. this is Janet Fucking Jackson's board... and that's the reason I'm here.. can't say the same for you tho... :(

Answer my question pea brain, why didn't you include your opinion if there's nothing wrong with it and it's a public forum? I'll wait.

Yes, shortcomings. Refuse to baste in ignorance but happy to baste in fucking nutjob lunacy. The mere fact you were able to write that sentence without your computer exploding is a marvel.

Never said you were jealous. I didn't even hint at it. But you couldn't let her fans (and even non-fans) discuss her without adding in your 2 ugly cents.

Get the fuck outta here thinking they're the same thing. :lmao:

please quote me where i interrupted "fans" and even "non-fans" or speak of her "shortcomings".... i'll wait :coffee:

oh.. i see.. so we can only use common decency when it comes speaking of the dead celebrities' careers... but common decency is ignored when it comes to half-naked men... :good:

Answer my question pea brain, why didn't you include your opinion if there's nothing wrong with it and it's a public forum? I'll wait.

cuz i didn't want the thread to focus solely on me :umm:

and i did include my opinion.. i said "RIP Whitney" which you and many others prolly didn't read.. then i later called members delusional... my opinion ended there... plus i stopped following the topic because i have a life and it's 59083 pages.. i don't venture into threads with that many pages unless it's Janet related... how about yourself :)

there's a time and place... that place was this thread... the time was a few days ago... :good:

quit acting like i go into every Whitney-thread and slandering her name more than she has

Archived