Is the music industry dying with the Greats?

bu.

Her producers made Blackout what it was. She cannot sing we ALL know this, she was barely present for Blackout, they had to make videos without her, she was at the height of her crazy. Any white girl coulda been put in that studio and read the lyrics off lyric sheets.

Her father had to manage her life, her producers had to manage her career. No ones arguing she wasnt successful and I think some of the Blackout songs are hot. But that is because of the production. I give the credit where it is due. It had hot producers doing hot things. And she should thank god everyday between pills that her family and producers kept her rolling in cash while she was crazy as hell or she coulda died early cause it sure seemed like she was on that path.

:lmao:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

odd... since Whitney's producer, Clive Davis, made Whitney Houston's career :umm:

Apples and Apples... just because one is sweeter/Grade A and the other is Bitter?Grade C doesn't mean they're not apples

Did we not already go over Whitney Houston's voice? I believe we did. Her voice being the instrument that other Singers would love to match?

Well look at this, the majority of the Motown acts in the 60s didn't have control of their careers, but they're still highly regarded.

look at it this way... Whitney wasn't in those acts... different league.. different time

Whitney had the opportunity to be independent and in control... she couldn't because she only possessed one talent...

look at it this way... Whitney wasn't in those acts... different league.. different time

Whitney had the opportunity to be independent and in control... she couldn't because she only possessed one talent...

That was a problem with her first two albums, but she did have producing and (marginally) writing roles in subsequent efforts.

Really? :umm: Not really :lol: She had a lot of imput & wrote a lot of songs for what the album was orginally going to sound like, but jive scrapped it, b/c they felt the album didnt have any "hits". So jive brought dr luke in & He choose a whole new team of people to create sort of a "new" album. Orginally, the album was going to feature a lot of darkchild and danja production, but they never saw the light of day except for darkchilds "He About to Lose Me" & "Dont keep me waiting". "He About to Lose Me" is one of the first songs Britney recorded for the album.

OH THANK GOD!

dancingborrisp1.gif

I'm actually happy his stuff didn't make it. I like some of his stuff, but wouldn't want to hear another album that he's done half the work on it.

you're going to have to live with that on YOUR conscience :lol:

Oh I am. ^_^ *blasts "Till the World Ends"*

For once, and I know this may be hard for you, but STFU.

You didn't like her, we get it, but at the very least, show some respect or get out. It's the same bullshit you did with Michael and it's the same stupid bullshit you did with Amy Winehouse. Just STFU before you make me do something I may or may not regret. But to be frank, I don't have much tolerance for your antagonism right now.

you made my nipples hard :offtopic:

psh

:coffee: your opinion is duly noted

but i have the freedom of opinion.. if you don't want to read or talk about it... i suggest you go to the TMZ thread

You don't need to suggest shit to me.

And I have the freedom to tell you what to do and suspend you as I see fit, seeing as how I OWN and pay for this forum. So I can be fair, or I can just nip this conversation in the bud in the worst way, if you don't know when to quit while you're behind, and keep it moving. You've been warned before, and this is the LAST time I will warn you. If I were you, I wouldn't even reply to my post as it will only go downhill.

If you can't adjust, deal with the consequences and let the rest of the adults handle this conversation.

And I have the freedom to tell you what to do and suspend you as I see fit, seeing as how I OWN and pay for this forum. So I can be fair, or I can just nip this conversation in the bud in the worst way, if you don't know when to quit while you're behind, and keep it moving.

If you can't adjust, deal with the consequences and let the rest of the adults handle this conversation.

oh angie

take me

take me now!

tumblr_lzmh2817HE1rpcqxho1_500.gif

oh angie

take me

take me now!

tumblr_lzmh2817HE1rpcqxho1_500.gif

You need help :lol:

But if he replies again with one of his smartass remarks and suggestions, don't say he wasn't warned. And the LAST thing he should ever do, with his track record as a moderator, is to suggest to me how to run my forum.

And I have the freedom to tell you what to do and suspend you as I see fit, seeing as how I OWN and pay for this forum. So I can be fair, or I can just nip this conversation in the bud in the worst way, if you don't know when to quit while you're behind, and keep it moving. You've been warned before, and this is the LAST time I will warn you. If I were you, I wouldn't even reply to my post as it will only go downhill.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

YOU.ROCK.! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

shouldn't you be enforcing forum rules... not invading this open discussion with petty meaningless threats to me? Suspension isn't going to do much of anything but prove you rather use your admin power to silence opinions instead of engaging in this "adult" conversation.

As stated before to Roc, I didn't say anything about her personal life so it's not trolling or disrespectful... alive or dead.. why limit what I say... :umm: and save the "there's a time and place"... the time is in a relevant current thread and the place is on a public forum...

if you don't like what I say, respect that and comment based on what I say... suspending me is a short cut to a temporary boring forum awaiting my return. Thanks to me this thread is still on page one.

so be "fair" and/or update the rule book... and when I break the rule THEN you can threaten me with suspension or banish me from the kingdom.. which ever you see fit

she has a writing/producing credit on one of her hit songs in the 90s... "Count on Me"...

That's why I put "marginally" in parentheses.

But even if she didn't write or produced most of her songs, she at least has some of what she wanted to records, place on the album, etc.

Archived