• Aretha Franklin (50 years)
    • Donna Summer (42 years)
    • Patti Labelle (48 years)
    • Whitney Houston...lol (25 years)
    • Shirley Bassey (46 years)
    • Gladys Knight (49 years)
    • Chaka Khan (36 years)
    • Diana Ross (50 years)

Barbara/Donna/Gladys. They still can BLOW.

This basically sums it up. I can only go by recent performances and recently these three have been slaying. Babs killed "the way we were" on Oprah last month. Tina sounds good as well, but if you youtube Gladys, Babs or Donna you will see they still sound damn near the same.

Chaka's recent performances have not been good. Neither have Miss Ross's. And she's actually my fave on that list. Aretha sounded good when she sang for obama in 08, but not as good as she did in her prime.

If Patti don't win this poll then y'all seriously got problems. :mellow:

i voted for Patti and Donna (among others)... They're both extreme opposites... Patti lives to show off her voice while Donna couldn't be more humble about it.. Patti performs her voice, Donna performs a song.. Donna is the more versatile tho imo as se can pretty much sing any genre

i voted for Patti and Donna (among others)... They're both extreme opposites... Patti lives to show off her voice while Donna couldn't be more humble about it.. Patti performs her voice, Donna performs a song.. Donna is the more versatile tho imo as se can pretty much sing any genre

True but Patti will let a bitch have it if they try to get crazy wit the vocals. We all remember what she did to Diana :coffee:

If Aretha could hold her breath long enough to belt out a high note like Patti then she'd have a chance instead of stuffing her mouth with fried chicken and snickers bars. Don't do it :rolleyes:

if patti would stop yelling (mayb her wigs are bothering her) and give us vocals then she could get on arethas level. when the queen of soul sings she takes you to church Patricia Louise Holte dont want it with Aretha Louise Franklin :coffee:

if patti would stop yelling (mayb her wigs are bothering her) and give us vocals then she could get on arethas level. when the queen of soul sings she takes you to church Patricia Louise Holte dont want it with Aretha Louise Franklin :coffee:

Well maybe everybody don't wanna go to church ok? Patti can take yo ass to church and then to the club after with her pipes

Well maybe everybody don't wanna go to church ok? Patti can take yo ass to church and then to the club after with her pipes

Even if you don't wanna go to church she'll take you there and you'll like it :coffee:

While i like patti she punishes my ears with all that yelling she does live