The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

Brandy said the single will be announced this month. So, when it's announced then you'll know. If you want to hear another song off of the album, all you have to do is purchase it

I listened to it and I don't like it so I won't be purchasing it. I'm just curious because I want her to succeed. This is the first brandy album I haven't bought. I'm a fan, I just think its a shame that she's going out like this. So much talent and yet she can't tell the difference between a good catchy song which appeals and a bland song anymore. Even songs on human like piano man and 1st n luv are better than songs on this album.

I listened to it and I don't like it so I won't be purchasing it. I'm just curious because I want her to succeed. This is the first brandy album I haven't bought. I'm a fan, I just think its a shame that she's going out like this. So much talent and yet she can't tell the difference between a good catchy song which appeals and a bland song anymore. Even songs on human like piano man and 1st n luv are better than songs on this album.

Well, I love this album and still listen to it everyday

I see nobody answered my question about where the next single is. I wonder why :coffee:

Brandy doesn't even know... she claims this month but I'm sure there won't be a 3rd single.. or a video... if RCA was business smart (which they're not since they signed her), they wouldn't release another single

AND Since when did flopping get you three singles anyways? :huh: Not one single one of her songs went GOLD.. her album is still at the bottom of the barrel on Hot 200... and "they" want to release a third single? :blink: Who is making these business decisions at RCA?

Brandy doesn't even know... she claims this month but I'm sure there won't be a 3rd single.. or a video... if RCA was business smart (which they're not since they signed her), they wouldn't release another single

AND Since when did flopping get you three singles anyways? :huh: Not one single one of her songs went GOLD.. her album is still at the bottom of the barrel on Hot 200... and "they" want to release a third single? :blink: Who is making these business decisions at RCA?

Crazy as it sounds...this is certainly not the first time I've seen this happen. There is sooo many albums where I thought the same thing.

I guess you're right.. Ciara's last two albums got 5 and 3 singles and sold far less than worth counting (kiii)

Thats whats so weird about the music biz to me. Its like they don't so what they should then they do what they shouldn't :lol:

Didn't do what they SHOULD have = Dropping Brandy's 1st single (and video) immediately after her "Behind The Music" ep while she had ppls attention

Doing what they SHOULDN'T do = Still releasing singles ..wasting money.

BUT .... I'm not hating on Bran-Flakes ..if they still wanna invest in her and stand behind her in spite of the project not taking off..more power to her. Some flops can only dream of that support during hard times.

Thats whats so weird about the music biz to me. Its like they don't so what they should then they do what they shouldn't :lol:

Didn't do what they SHOULD have = Dropping Brandy's 1st single (and video) immediately after her "Behind The Music" ep while she had ppls attention

Doing what they SHOULDN'T do = Still releasing singles ..wasting money.

BUT .... I'm not hating on Bran-Flakes ..if they still wanna invest in her and stand behind her in spite of the project not taking off..more power to her. Some flops can only dream of that support during hard times.

That's what fans do! They support the artist no matter what sells look like or critics say...at least I do. What you or the media say does not have any say so in how I feel about an artist or the music that sounds good to my ears. Fans/Stan's whatever are gonna drive they self crazy worrying about what other people say or looking at the charts...I never have and never will

That's what fans do! They support the artist no matter what sells look like or critics say...at least I do. What you or the media say does not have any say so in how I feel about an artist or the music that sounds good to my ears. Fans/Stan's whatever are gonna drive they self crazy worrying about what other people say or looking at the charts...I never have and never will

yes.. but 5000 fans don't make a profit... not much of one... on a business side... it's bad business

Will, what are you tallking about? My post had NOTHING to do with stans/fans. I was talking about the"business-side" of things,all that personal shit..I could give a shit who someone likes...I mean...HELLOOO,I still support Janet regardless of her status in the game right now, therefore I have no problem stans supporting an artist,..dont know where you got that from out of my post,ok.

yes.. but 5000 fans don't make a profit... not much of one... on a business side... it's bad business

Maybe they're still making a return since they aren't spending much on her videos, I mean thats one of the major expenses in promoting an artists project. Then again, Hype Williams videos are usually expensive...so "Put It Down" may have been kinda costly but certainly not "Wildest Dreams"

Will, what are you tallking about? My post had NOTHING to do with stans/fans. I was talking about the"business-side" of things,all that personal shit..I could give a shit who someone likes...I mean...HELLOOO,I still support Janet regardless of her status in the game right now, therefore I have no problem stans supporting an artist,..dont know where you got that from out of my post,ok.

Real talk, your tone comes across shady. You have often had insightful things to say and a lot of times I agree with you. But sometimes its how you say it. You'll say something logical about an artist or their career, and in the same post throw digs at them. Then still say your a fan. Some people don't know how to take it. I use to come at you crazy, but then I realized i often agreed with some of what you said. So now I just focus on the stuff I agree with when it comes to you. Like your post above about labels not doing things in their proper order. Put it down should have been released both video and song right around the time of the BTM. Brandy herself said she and ryan thought so as well. But ultimately her label had the end say. In a weird way, brandy would have been better off going independent like Tamia. She would have made more money that way and had more control.

Listen, let me tell you (and anybody else who thinks ANYTHING about any of my posts) something.

You can think,assume or specualte all the fuck you want about whether my post is shade or carry a certain "tone" all you want when I'm sitting here SAYING ITS NOT SHADE. Im a grown ass man,if I want to throw shade. I CAN and I WILL. Nothing about what i said was shade, this is not the first time I've stated my curioisty and lack of understanding when it comes to the business side of how labels handle artists who arent major sellers. There was no direct jab at Brandy whatsoever. Much hasn't changed with this silly,childish board I see,which is the primary reason why I dont visit much. Thank you, you may go on about your business and I'll do the same.

Listen, let me tell you (and anybody else who thinks ANYTHING about any of my posts) something.

You can think,assume or specualte all the fuck you want about whether my post is shade or carry a certain "tone" all you want when I'm sitting here SAYING ITS NOT SHADE. Im a grown ass man,if I want to throw shade. I CAN and I WILL. Nothing about what i said was shade, this is not the first time I've stated my curioisty and lack of understanding when it comes to the business side of how labels handle artists who arent major sellers. There was no direct jab at Brandy whatsoever. Much hasn't changed with this silly,childish board I see,which is the primary reason why I dont visit much. Thank you, you may go on about your business and I'll do the same.

My comment got you this hype? :sigh:

Even though i agreed with what you said in an earlier post. Even though I flat out said you make good points. I was simply trying to help you understand why slolove responded the way he did. You're taking it personal when there is no need for that.

tumblr_m8tdc6iIVH1qh96tgo3_250.gif

Maybe its the music thats not moving me that much.. I feel like its "almost" sexy but not all the way there. Something is missing,imo

What tracks are you fav from the album?

It changes but I love "Slower","Without You", "Scared of Beautiful", "Do You Know What You Have?" and "What You Need" are my favorites. Others I like. The only ones I don't really care for are "Wildest Dreams", "Paint This House" and "No Such Thing as Too Late"but she still kills those songs vocally

It changes but I love "Slower","Without You", "Scared of Beautiful", "Do You Know What You Have?" and "What You Need" are my favorites. Others I like. The only ones I don't really care for are "Wildest Dreams", "Paint This House" and "No Such Thing as Too Late"but she still kills those songs vocally

This song makes me wanna STAN for Brandy. :lmao: OMFG. I was just listening to it on repeat earlier. Thats the main one that grabs me and sends me somewhere else. I'm more of a lyrical kinda guy so I can definately sink my teeth into this track with no hesitation. I think I'mma go ahead and purchase the album -didn't think I would but the album is doable enough. I cant believe you dont like "Wildest Dreams" tho ..that song has REALLY grew on me..I love it now.It still shouldn't have been a single tho.

This song makes me wanna STAN for Brandy. :lmao: OMFG. I was just listening to it on repeat earlier. Thats the main one that grabs me and sends me somewhere else. I'm more of a lyrical kinda guy so I can definately sink my teeth into this track with no hesitation. I think I'mma go ahead and purchase the album -didn't think I would but the album is doable enough. I cant believe you dont like "Wildest Dreams" tho ..that song has REALLY grew on me..I love it now.It still shouldn't have been a single tho.

It was the first track that made me repeat it over and over. It's probably my most played on the album. Without You is catching up though.

They say Brandy killed it on stage last night at the BET Honors. She performed "Without You". The show airs on BET on Feb 11 (Bran's birthday and the day of Whitney's death).

Brandy+BET+Honors+2013+Backstage+d5y2CEfrSQKl.jpg

Brandy+BET+Honors+2013+Show+M5y7hSVuymzl.jpg

Brandy+BET+Honors+2013+Show+OTOXH27CxKrl.jpg

Brandy+BET+Honors+2013+Show+_wftQyRXPuBl.jpg

Brandy+BET+Honors+2013+Show+PSusDhHy1n9l.jpg

Lmao I hate you!!!!!! You beat me to it! Yesssss Bran I can't wait! I saw the pics on her Instagram