would you date someone u know is hiv+i"

Bailey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh...I work with a nurse who happens to be in the wrong field. She is super religious, always talks shit on the patients. EXTREMELY high strung in a stupid way, and very judgmental. We got a new long term care admission today. He is HIV positive. She not only thinks he's a pain in the ass, but assumes he's gay, and gowns up from head to toe. Now, I go in the room to meet him. He is super duper sweet. He told me he loves cherry italian water ice, which we have. Told me his life story, He was actually raped when he was 30. He was so embarrassed to admit this. Anywho, I fell in love with him. He is now my favorite patient. I leave the room, and this stupid cunt nurse, tells me not to baby him, by listening to his "sob stories" and providing him with italian water ice. Because then he's gonna "think he's at the Hilton." She also tells me that I must be completey nuts to go in the room without being gowned up. She also got all the med techs wired up and scared. Now I can't tell them not to gown up because it's their right. But as you know, HIV isn't an airbourne disease. So I don't get why she had to get everybody all panicked with her high strung stupidity. I immediately blew up at her. I told her that I went to a legit Nursing school and am very educated on HIV and AIDS, and I did not need her to lecture me. I also told her that she needed to stop acting like a cunt towards this man because he sensed her prejudice the moment she walked into the room. I told her she might have C-DIFF or tuberculosis, and that would scare me way more than HIV or AIDS because she could give it to me or any patient, or staff on a daily basis with her air-headed, closed minded, idiot breath every time she spoke. She of course with a higher than thou attitude opened her mouth and I threatened to knock her fucking teeth out if she ever came at me with that bullshit again. Im telling you this is why I fucking hate nursing. Soooo many idiots are in this field ONLY and PURELY for the money. It's really really scary.

Send her ass to the parking lot...I'll get her *straps on hooker heels* But seriously, I bet the only thing they'll tell you is to be more professional on duty.

Send her ass to the parking lot...I'll get her *straps on hooker heels* But seriously, I bet the only thing they'll tell you is to be more professional on duty.

Oh definitely. Especially when I'm the charge nurse..I've gotten in trouble before for being "too attached" to patients. I was told that I have to learn to show no emotion. That is nearly impossible for me. I work at a long term care unit where the most people last is 25 days. :( I shroud so many people that it becomes routine, but I still can't help but get emotional. Especially with kids.

Ugh...I work with a nurse who happens to be in the wrong field. She is super religious, always talks shit on the patients. EXTREMELY high strung in a stupid way, and very judgmental. We got a new long term care admission today. He is HIV positive. She not only thinks he's a pain in the ass, but assumes he's gay, and gowns up from head to toe. Now, I go in the room to meet him. He is super duper sweet. He told me he loves cherry italian water ice, which we have. Told me his life story, He was actually raped when he was 30. He was so embarrassed to admit this. Anywho, I fell in love with him. He is now my favorite patient. I leave the room, and this stupid cunt nurse, tells me not to baby him, by listening to his "sob stories" and providing him with italian water ice. Because then he's gonna "think he's at the Hilton." She also tells me that I must be completey nuts to go in the room without being gowned up. She also got all the med techs wired up and scared. Now I can't tell them not to gown up because it's their right. But as you know, HIV isn't an airbourne disease. So I don't get why she had to get everybody all panicked with her high strung stupidity. I immediately blew up at her. I told her that I went to a legit Nursing school and am very educated on HIV and AIDS, and I did not need her to lecture me. I also told her that she needed to stop acting like a cunt towards this man because he sensed her prejudice the moment she walked into the room. I told her she might have C-DIFF or tuberculosis, and that would scare me way more than HIV or AIDS because she could give it to me or any patient, or staff on a daily basis with her air-headed, closed minded, idiot breath every time she spoke. She of course with a higher than thou attitude opened her mouth and I threatened to knock her fucking teeth out if she ever came at me with that bullshit again. Im telling you this is why I fucking hate nursing. Soooo many idiots are in this field ONLY and PURELY for the money. It's really really scary.

I hope you don't lose your job. She deserved EVERY SINGLE WORD you said to her.

I can't tell you how much I despise people who get into that profession or something similar and you can obviously see they are only there for the money... SMDH

Awww. you are hurting papito. You don't have to hide it. But you do need to move on and wait it out. There is something out there better for you.

I'm enjoying not being disappointed not having my feelings thrown back in mu face I had to change my number he said well I guess its time to call the phone company so you can change your number for the 8th time my number has been the same for 13 years. I told my mother he said that and she gets mad and came back saying I didn't know they gave out awards for bitches keeping the same number and maybe there's a reason his number stays the same ain't nobody trying to contact crazy

She's an ass I would make her life hell with me

I'm happier I have some peace in my life no games nobody talking to me all crazy being mean

I don't wanna tell my life story on here, lol...but I know what you're going through. I really do.

They're right...You gotta be by yourself, heal, and work on your own issues. I finally learned that the hard way..though I still have trouble with that. I don't like being lonely, but I know it's for the best..for the time being.

Oh definitely. Especially when I'm the charge nurse..I've gotten in trouble before for being "too attached" to patients. I was told that I have to learn to show no emotion. That is nearly impossible for me. I work at a long term care unit where the most people last is 25 days. :( I shroud so many people that it becomes routine, but I still can't help but get emotional. Especially with kids.

one guy I talked too right after I broke up with my bf was a nurse at a childrens hospital. He said its the most difficult thing working in that environment and because of that made him an atheist.

i love you :wub:

the world would do good with some more empathy <_<

Damn :( I don't see how you can work there.

It's funny that I get on this site today and read this, because today, I got into a very ugly confrontation with a judgemental, poor excuse for a nurse about an HIV positive patient that's probably gonna cost me my job. I'm sure I'm going to be called into the administrators office tomorrow. I'll update you guys tomorrow. I can't even type about this without crying.

You shouldn't get fired...The nurse should. Thats not how you treat patients and she is really uneducated on the disease. :rolleyes:

It's funny that I get on this site today and read this, because today, I got into a very ugly confrontation with a judgemental, poor excuse for a nurse about an HIV positive patient that's probably gonna cost me my job. I'm sure I'm going to be called into the administrators office tomorrow. I'll update you guys tomorrow. I can't even type about this without crying.

Sorry to hear about this. Let us know how things turn out :huh:

:blink: I can't believe they told you to learn to show no emotion toward your patients. The nursing field needs more caring and compassionate people such as yourself, Jodi.

Like Nuk said you probably already slept with a poz person and didn't even know it. I'm negative and wouldn't mind dating someone poz if they treated me right... relationship has its issues anyway alot of people are too immature on this site to even discuss this... I dated someone briefly who did have it and every thing turned out ok health wise for me. If its that much of an issue for u don't date him because guess what at the end of the day he is the one who has to deal with it not you...

You really need to get over your ex though and stop posting it on here not being mean but man up dude and live ur life. Its so many people who go through other deeper issues but don't dwell in them its a new year its truly time for you to look in the mirror and accept that you allowed ur ex to treat u that way and move on from it.

Like Nuk said you probably already slept with a poz person and didn't even know it. I'm negative and wouldn't mind dating someone poz if they treated me right... relationship has its issues anyway alot of people are too immature on this site to even discuss this... I dated someone briefly who did have it and every thing turned out ok health wise for me. If its that much of an issue for u don't date him because guess what at the end of the day he is the one who has to deal with it not you...

You really need to get over your ex though and stop posting it on here not being mean but man up dude and live ur life. Its so many people who go through other deeper issues but don't dwell in them its a new year its truly time for you to look in the mirror and accept that you allowed ur ex to treat u that way and move on from it.

Speak on it! :excited:

I was advised to see other people to move on

It's good to see other people, but it's no good if you still have a lot of baggage with you and it's obvious you do because you talk about him a LOT. When the weight of the baggage gets lighter, then start dating.

that's why i love u................................not afraid 2 KEEP-IT-REAL :wub: I'ma say a prayer 4 u.....hope everything works out 4 the best.

that's right mama set her stupid ass on fiyaaaah :angry:

Archived