would you date someone u know is hiv+i"

Bailey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a guy I just ran into and he has Always liked me but he is poz and I just got out of a bad thing with a bad person so I'm kinda lonely _

Me personally no. Even though you can reduce the risk and all by having safe sex all the time there is just no way i would want to get involved with something like that. In my opinion it is just an extra issue right off the bat you have to deal with. Relationships are hard enough without adding the scare of a life altering disease.

I know a guy I just ran into and he has Always liked me but he is poz and I just got out of a bad thing with a bad person so I'm kinda lonely _

I wouldn't rush into anything out of loneliness, but as for the situation itself. I can't say for certain, but I think I would... I'm the relationship type so it wouldn't be a causal thing. I'm open as long as we take the necessary precautions.

You are starting out on the wrong foot because of Your status, not his. You should date because you want to not because you feel you need to. If you want to do it, do. Just make sue you take responsibility for the outcome. Don't blame anything on the HIV.

I would, to me they are just another person. but of course they would have to tell me that they are poz, but it wont ruin it for me

unless he is a total douche bag

but that applies to all

but like some have said,your mind is in the wrong place. if this guy likes you and you make him out to be the rebound guy, you can really hurt him

Me personally no. Even though you can reduce the risk and all by having safe sex all the time there is just no way i would want to get involved with something like that. In my opinion it is just an extra issue right off the bat you have to deal with. Relationships are hard enough without adding the scare of a life altering disease.

I have to agree.

It's funny that I get on this site today and read this, because today, I got into a very ugly confrontation with a judgemental, poor excuse for a nurse about an HIV positive patient that's probably gonna cost me my job. I'm sure I'm going to be called into the administrators office tomorrow. I'll update you guys tomorrow. I can't even type about this without crying.

It's funny that I get on this site today and read this, because today, I got into a very ugly confrontation with a judgemental, poor excuse for a nurse about an HIV positive patient that's probably gonna cost me my job. I'm sure I'm going to be called into the administrators office tomorrow. I'll update you guys tomorrow. I can't even type about this without crying.

Well damn what had happen

I hope everything works out.

I was advised to see other people to move on

<insert Roc's gurl please video> You're nowhere near ready to hookup, date or be in a relationship with someone.

Well damn what had happen

Ugh...I work with a nurse who happens to be in the wrong field. She is super religious, always talks shit on the patients. EXTREMELY high strung in a stupid way, and very judgmental. We got a new long term care admission today. He is HIV positive. She not only thinks he's a pain in the ass, but assumes he's gay, and gowns up from head to toe. Now, I go in the room to meet him. He is super duper sweet. He told me he loves cherry italian water ice, which we have. Told me his life story, He was actually raped when he was 30. He was so embarrassed to admit this. Anywho, I fell in love with him. He is now my favorite patient. I leave the room, and this stupid cunt nurse, tells me not to baby him, by listening to his "sob stories" and providing him with italian water ice. Because then he's gonna "think he's at the Hilton." She also tells me that I must be completey nuts to go in the room without being gowned up. She also got all the med techs wired up and scared. Now I can't tell them not to gown up because it's their right. But as you know, HIV isn't an airbourne disease. So I don't get why she had to get everybody all panicked with her high strung stupidity. I immediately blew up at her. I told her that I went to a legit Nursing school and am very educated on HIV and AIDS, and I did not need her to lecture me. I also told her that she needed to stop acting like a cunt towards this man because he sensed her prejudice the moment she walked into the room. I told her she might have C-DIFF or tuberculosis, and that would scare me way more than HIV or AIDS because she could give it to me or any patient, or staff on a daily basis with her air-headed, closed minded, idiot breath every time she spoke. She of course with a higher than thou attitude opened her mouth and I threatened to knock her fucking teeth out if she ever came at me with that bullshit again. Im telling you this is why I fucking hate nursing. Soooo many idiots are in this field ONLY and PURELY for the money. It's really really scary.

Archived