Beyonce - Lemonade [NEW ALBUM ON ITUNES NOW]

bu.

There exists no Bey album without alot of filler lol. I judge by the songs more worth my time or ave the strongest reaction from me. Honestly speaking I mostly only use DIL for Crazy In Love & Be With You, but those are legit 2 songs in my top 5 of hers (hell though it's not technically on DIL I use Work It Out more than anything on IASF)

I strongly disagree. Everything from 4 onwards has felt to me as if it has real purpose. Content, themes, cohesion, sequencing etc. That to me is when she really stepped it up as an artist.

Be With You is stunning, I'm glad to hear you love that. But to this day I can't sit through Work It Out. It's awful.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why people are obsessed with artists having "image makeovers". Leave the dress up to Madonna, Rihanna and others who need to do it to make up for what they lack. It's not a necessary component at all. 

Her trinity of best albums are the last 3. DIL is only good for its singles and 2 album tracks (Be With You and maybe Speechless depending on the day).

I Am Sasha Fierce is horrible sans the slower songs.

B'Day is heavily dated and just too loud.

4 is mature (sans Run The World which is awesome live and iconic) and her vocals soar.

Lemonade feels like an extension of Beyoncé - both are just so bold and show a more confident Beyoncé. Both albums have shown her take risks not just musically but also in the release strategy. The self-titled album singlehandedly changed the worldwide release day of albums from Monday/Tuesday to Friday and coined the phrase "pulling a Beyoncé". And both albums cemented Beyoncé as an icon and have put her way ahead of the other girls in terms of status. 

• Upvote 1

Be With You is exempt, I just meant everything after MM&I. Yes and Signs are particularly insipid.

Signs is a beautifully arranged. That bridge drags me every time. Her tone here hjgjkhghk Missy did that, srry. 

Yes, maybe you have a point. Just a personal fav.

When factoring in the time period of her life too?  DIL makes a stand for being a career standout and a damn solid debut.

That album cover maybe her most iconic.  

Edited by LawdToday

Signs is a beautifully arranged. That bridge drags me every time. Her tone here hjgjkhghk Missy did that, srry. 

Yes, maybe you have a point. Just a personal fav.

I think I partly feel that way about Signs because I wanted her and Missy to do something much bigger. I have the same problem with her Bootylicious remix.

• Upvote 1

I Am... is one of her commercially successful, but stupid/copout concept. The I AM... side was Beyoncé and the SF side was "for the fans" (read: uninspired) So instead of just taking the time to create a creative combination of your voice that the fans would also enjoy in the clubs, we got two mediocre discs full of some great singles . 

And my thing is, if you are gonna release a double disc, my not do it right and make it long enough so the RIAA would use the 2x rule. Lazy album hjgghgjffj

some great songs tho and even at her worst, still career defining. Queens. 

• Upvote 1

Signs is greatness

I strongly disagree. Everything from 4 onwards has felt to me as if it has real purpose. Content, themes, cohesion, sequencing etc. That to me is when she really stepped it up as an artist.

Be With You is stunning, I'm glad to hear you love that. But to this day I can't sit through Work It Out. It's awful.

Yea that's where most of the Hive & I disagree, everything post B'day felt mostly forced, like not that authentic, and that's why certain things that from the sounds of them like I'd be down with from her, once heard/seen left me limp and I either didn't like it or didn't find it memorable, like the step just needs more umph from her for me to appreciate really and I feel it wit certain things (FREEDOM), but not enough. But yea I see she's trying, like I said it's really undeniable.

I LIVE for Be With You "MAKES ME FEEL GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD BABAY!!!", Oh I shade her to pieces for many a things, but if that songs playing you'd legit think I was still fuckin wit her like that lol. But to explain Work It Out, Im a student of the funk, I LOVE FUNK, ALL of my favorite Bey songs are funky (CIL, Be with you, Work It Out, Greenlight, Sugamama, Why Don't You Love Me) I think she OWNS funk when she does it, so yea Work It Out is very few people's top 50 of her songs probably, but I'm all about that funk.

I don't understand why people are obsessed with artists having "image makeovers". Leave the dress up to Madonna, Rihanna and others who need to do it to make up for what they lack. It's not a necessary component at all. 

It's not a "must" per-se, but talent or not, I'm a believer in a new era having a whole new look. Janet, Michael, Whitney, Aretha, and Prince (1 of the best examples) all have talent and their looks for their eras were different. 

• Upvote 1

It's not a "must" per-se, but talent or not, I'm a believer in a new era having a whole new look. Janet, Michael, Whitney, Aretha, and Prince (1 of the best examples) all have talent and their looks for their eras were different. 

I'm sorry but who remembers Whitney and Aretha for their image hauls? People only remember them for their big ballads and Whitney for her personal life. Image changes is what made MJ a laughing stock. People have a hard enough time remembering Janet at all never mind her image changes (no shade but she has the worst YouTube/Vevo account and her old music is hard to find in stores). I'll give you Prince (and Bowie) - their image was part of their brand and people still remember that. I wonder if without their changing images/costumes, where would Prince and Bowie stand? We all know that for every great Prince album, there are two shit ones. I'm not familiar with Bowie but I can imagine the same being true (correct me if I'm wrong). 

People don't look at Bey for her hair colour or whatever - they see a full on entertainer and one of the best performers of the big girls today. It's the same with Michael except they look at his face changes too. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

I'm sorry but who remembers Whitney and Aretha for their image hauls? People only remember them for their big ballads and Whitney for her personal life. Image changes is what made MJ a laughing stock. People have a hard enough time remembering Janet at all never mind her image changes (no shade but she has the worst YouTube/Vevo account and her old music is hard to find in stores). I'll give you Prince (and Bowie) - their image was part of their brand and people still remember that. I wonder if without their changing images/costumes, where would Prince and Bowie stand? We all know that for every great Prince album, there are two shit ones. I'm not familiar with Bowie but I can imagine the same being true (correct me if I'm wrong). 

People don't look at Bey for her hair colour or whatever - they see a full on entertainer and one of the best performers of the big girls today. It's the same with Michael except they look at his face changes too. 

Not that's more the non-fans, their fans and the shows and magazines that gave all the artists respect always took notice. Everyone I named if they kept the same 1 look probably would still be successful but it's a easy and fun way to say "new era" and showing it's some serious changes about to come, flop or shit albums or not, it says it's a new day, the past is the past.

Didn't the bitch literally do hair color commercials for like 10 yrs?:unsure:

Sorry... but nothing Beyonce has ever done is "risky".

Her music is straight and narrow - just like everything else about her. 

There are a few songs I like on the album. Nothing that I love. It reeks of mediocrity. 

The metascore is astounding to me. A 93 album should be innovative. Beyonce is anything but

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 3

Her music is straight and narrow - just live everything else about her. 

There are a few songs I like on the album. Nothing that I love. It reeks of mediocrity. 

The metascore is astounding to me. A 93 album should be innovative. Beyonce is anything but

I agree.. This is good album but a 93 is bizarre. Rolling Stones and many others are full a shit giving her album a 100 :umm: No one's album is 100.. There's always room for improvement.

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 2

Signs is greatness

Yea that's where most of the Hive & I disagree, everything post B'day felt mostly forced, like not that authentic, and that's why certain things that from the sounds of them like I'd be down with from her, once heard/seen left me limp and I either didn't like it or didn't find it memorable, like the step just needs more umph from her for me to appreciate really and I feel it wit certain things (FREEDOM), but not enough. But yea I see she's trying, like I said it's really undeniable.
I LIVE for Be With You "MAKES ME FEEL GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDD BABAY!!!", Oh I shade her to pieces for many a things, but if that songs playing you'd legit think I was still fuckin wit her like that lol. But to explain Work It Out, Im a student of the funk, I LOVE FUNK, ALL of my favorite Bey songs are funky (CIL, Be with you, Work It Out, Greenlight, Sugamama, Why Don't You Love Me) I think she OWNS funk when she does it, so yea Work It Out is very few people's top 50 of her songs probably, but I'm all about that funk.

I love funk too but Work It Out just doesn't work for me. It's her and the Neptunes on autopilot.

Her music is straight and narrow - just live everything else about her. 

Rubbish. There literally exists a Harvard case study on the risk and ambition associated with her previous release, and Lemonade runs the chance of alienating a sizeable chunk of her base on musicality alone.

• Upvote 1

I love funk too but Work It Out just doesn't work for me. It's her and the Neptunes on autopilot.

See I feel like it was too different for it's time, but I live for her harmony's in it and the adlibs "I LIKE THIS!!!" "I LIKE IT WHEN THE HORN BLOWS" lol, I've always fuxed with that song lol

Rubbish. There literally exists a Harvard case study on the risk and ambition associated with her previous release, and Lemonade runs the chance of alienating a sizeable chunk of her base on musicality alone.

I was referring to Lemonade musically, not in terms of her business model. But maybe I misspoke - I do think she experimented with her self-titled. But I can't say the same with Lemonade. For example: Daddy Issues may be her first Country song, and may be "risky" for her fan base, but it's a pretty by-the-numbers country song. Not innovative at all.

Edited by xoney

I was referring to Lemonade musically, not in terms of her business model. But maybe I misspoke - I do think she experimented with her self-titled. But I can't say the same with Lemonade. For example: Daddy Issues may be her first Country song, and may be "risky" for her fan base, but it's a pretty by-the-numbers country song. Not innovative at all.

I don't think she was trying to win over the country crowd... Beyonce is reminding people that this is a pop record and not a R&B record. 

To be fair, in hindsight, 'What'll I Do' isn't all that innovative :umm:  

Edited by Game

I don't think she was trying to win over the country crowd... Beyonce is reminding people that this is a pop record and not a R&B record. 

To be fair, in hindsight, 'What'll I Do' isn't all that innovative :umm:  

& the Janet. album wasn't rated 93/100. Too much filler, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1

Beyonce Concert Protested by Pro-Police Activists

Pro-police activists made their presence known at a Beyonce concert on Friday with a special message.

A plane towing a Blue Lives Matter banner was seen circling the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, where Beyonce performed as part of her Formation tour.

Blue Lives Matter is an organization set up to support law enforcement officers and their families in response to the Black Lives Matter movement.

A local photographer was able to snap a shot of the plane (see below), but no other protests or incidents were reported at the concert. Police unions across the country took issue with Queen Bey after her halftime performance at the Super Bowl on Feb. 7.

Protesters had planned to voice their displeasure with Beyonce's halftime performance at an event outside NFL headquarters in Manhattan on Feb. 16, but no one bothered to show up.

Chances are Beyonce wasn't too worried about the plane, considering she played to a sold-out crowd in the 65,000-seat arena. She also just dropped her new album, "Lemonade," last Saturday following an HBO special.

People just doing way more than necessary.  Wasting their money to fly a banner plane when if they really cared about cops families they could have just donated to the police and families or something.

People just doing way more than necessary.  Wasting their money to fly a banner plane when if they really cared about cops families they could have just donated to the police and families or something.

They are a direct response to Black Lives Matters.. Made up of family members and friends of the police community :unsure: 

They are a direct response to Black Lives Matters.. Made up of family members and friends of the police community :unsure: 

Yes that was clear in the article.  Continuing this lame Beyoncé is Anti police shit and wasting money on weak and highly ineffective protests is helping the cause how?

If you have money to buy time flying a banner you could have put that back in the community pot for actual good for your given cause.  Would have done more good.

Yes that was clear in the article.  Continuing this lame Beyoncé is Anti police shit and wasting money on weak and highly ineffective protests is helping the cause how?

If you have money to buy time flying a banner you could have put that back in the community pot for actual good for your given cause.  Would have done more good.

Renting a plane to fly a banner is quite costly. They could have spent that money on something a little more important. I totally Agreed