The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Madonna to Score 41st No. 1 on Dance/Club Play Songs

M adonna will achieve a record-extending 41st No. 1 on Billboard's Dance/Club Play Songs chart next week, as "Give Me All Your Luvin' " will jump 2-1 on the tally.

"Luvin' " will be No. 1 on the upcoming chart dated March 31 (posted to Billboard.com on Thursday, March 22). The achievement also gives Madonna No. 1 Billboard singles in four consecutive decades: the '80s, '90s, '00s and '10s.

Madonna extends her lead for most No. 1s in the chart's history, pulling further ahead of runner-up Janet Jackson, who has 19.

"Luvin' " (featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) is the first single from Madonna's "MDNA" album, due March 26. It reaches the top of the chart courtesy of remixes by the likes of LMFAO , Nicky Romero and Laidback Luke.

Meanwhile, "MDNA"'s second single, "Girl Gone Wild," is already off to a fast start on Dance/Club Play Songs: it will charge 46-20 next week.

Madonna's first Billboard chart hit came 30 years ago this year, when her debut single for Sire/Warner Bros., "Everybody," bowed on Dance/Club Play Songs on Nov. 6, 1982. It went on to peak at No. 3.

Here, in chronological order, are Madonna's 41 No. 1s on Dance/Club Play Songs. For titles that spent multiple weeks at No. 1, total frames in the lead are noted in parentheses.

Comparing her chart champs by decade, Madonna scored nine Dance/Club Play Songs No. 1s in the '80s, 13 in the '90s, 18 in the '00s and, now, one in the '10s.

At five weeks each, "Holiday/Lucky Star" and "Music" represent Madonna's longest reigns. "Ray of Light" and "Hung Up" are next with four weeks each in charge.

http://www.billboard.com/news?utm_source=most_recent#/news/madonna-to-score-41st-no-1-on-dance-club-1006488352.story

Madonna denies being a control freak

On the verge of her new album MDNA, Madonna says she's far more collaborative than people assume.

Madonna was interviewed by Billboard editor and Sirius radio host Larry Flick about her forthcoming album, and says all the talk about 'control' around her work is not quite applicable.

Flick asked her about moving back to recording and returning to being 'in charge of [her] destiny'.

She replied, 'You know, I hate to use the word 'control' so much, because people use and bandy that word about with me, when it comes to my creative life. Everyone says 'Oh you're a control freak and you like to be in control.' The thing is, everything I do ' even my song writing ' I'm collaborating at all times. I value input from people, and I want it.

'I can't work on my own. I am not Prince or like a lot of artists, who can go in and play every instrument, and record a track, and not hear from people. I need to hear what people think all the time. I like to have my road dog, my side kick. I like the simplicity of songwriting, because in the end, it is simple. You have a melody. You have some words. And you sing.

'That, hopefully, is coming from your heart or a million different emotions. Let's just say it's more direct.'

She revealed also revealed that she had to communicate with the Italian-speaking house producer Benny Benassi via his English-speaking cousin. She admitted that regular collaborator William Orbit 'brings out the tortured soul in me' and that the 'organised' and 'methodical' French eurohouse producer Martin Solveig brought out 'the ironic side of me; the love of language and the love of the rhythm of language.'

MDNA is due out next Friday 23 March.

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Madonna-denies-being-a-control-freak&nItemID=49979

----

Interesting...

I think its better than "Hard Candy" and AL less than COADF, BUT I must say overall I like it, some songs either have to grow on me or I will just skip, but the album is pretty good, and since she did add a Detroit show, I am now an official Icon Madonna club fan member I get a tour laminate and a free copy of the album with my ticket to the show. I really love the song "I don't give a fuck" that is just funky, and I'm feeling the first two tracks on the album too Gang Bang is a mind blower. Good shit bitch :thumbup: I'm surprised from the first tracks we got wind of it didn't sound like it was going to be good but she did good.

I've recently fell in love with "GMAYL", because I saw the video for the first time. :cheer:

Don't play the stupid game

Cause I'm a different kind of girl

Every record sounds the same

You've got to step into my world

Give me all your love and give me your love

Give me all your love today

cb.gif

• Upvote 1