10 Years Since All Nite Don't Stop - Thoughts looking back?

EphraimAdamz

The hit that never was. The video, the choreography the song... everything about this SLAYS

Shoulda have been the lead single of the project and she shoulda have promoted it even more in Europe.

But let's be honest, the media would never let anything from that album be a hit.

• Upvote 5

Should have been the lead single???? On what planet? The only reason it became a single is becuz DJ as a whole is a laid back album and ANDS wanna the fastest . The song was never radio friendly and was bound to fail. Soon as she announced it being the next single I knew it wasnt gonna go far.

Should have been the lead single???? On what planet? The only reason it became a single is becuz DJ as a whole is a laid back album and ANDS wanna the fastest . The song was never radio friendly and was bound to fail. Soon as she announced it being the next single I knew it wasnt gonna go far.

Please. Take away the backlash rubbish and ANDS would've been the perfect lead single. Nothing else on that album comes close.

Um, JALW still is holding on to that title of being her worst,effortlessly .

JALW is not a dance song.

Are some people really gonna sit here and act like if she released Billie Jean itself that song would've been a hit, it wasn't happening that era. She could've released a Rhythm Nation/Velvet Rope followup, it still would've done what Damita Jo did more than likely

It was the most pop song, but it wasnt the only fast song (Damita Jo, Sexhibition, Strawberry bounce, R&B Junkie, Like You don't love me, Island Life, Slow Love). And I recall even non Janet fans (and Tom Joyner and everybody on that show) saying All Nite or R&B Junkie should've been the lead single, like I can only think of a hand full of Janet fans who oddly either don't like the song or think it should've been the 1st single.

Please. Take away the backlash rubbish and ANDS would've been the perfect lead single. Nothing else on that album comes close.

Perfect lead single and at least a top 10

• Upvote 1

One of my favourite Janet singles :umm: I actually wonder if it would have been a hit, depsite SB. It has most of the ingredients,, except you cant really hear her properly. If JALW hadnt of been leaked, im sure this would have been first choice though or RNB Junkie.

I'll love it regardless though :wub:

• Upvote 1

JALW is not a dance song.

Then why did it fail? Because it wasnt the lead single? Results would have been the same. idc what any of you say the song was not appealing on the radio. R&B JUNKIE is farrrr more radio friendly..which was Janet and her labels initial choice for 1st single. industry folk > you

neither is SEx but that was mentioned

Are some people really gonna sit here and act like if she released Billie Jean itself that song would've been a hit, it wasn't happening that era. She could've released a Rhythm Nation/Velvet Rope followup, it still would've done what Damita Jo did more than likely

It was the most pop song, but it wasnt the only fast song (Damita Jo, Sexhibition, Strawberry bounce, R&B Junkie, Like You don't love me, Island Life, Slow Love). And I recall even non Janet fans (and Tom Joyner and everybody on that show) saying All Nite or R&B Junkie should've been the lead single, like I can only think of a hand full of Janet fans who oddly either don't like the song or think it should've been the 1st single.

Perfect lead single and at least a top 10

you are reaching. Like You Dont Love Me is not fast. even the other song you mentioned are mid tempo ANDS is faster than all of those which I already started

The hit that never was. The video, the choreography the song... everything about this SLAYS

Shoulda have been the lead single of the project and she shoulda have promoted it even more in Europe.

But let's be honest, the media would never let anything from that album be a hit.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of ya'll don't seem to get that just because you dislike it doesn't mean it couldn't have been a hit with proper support. There are certain songs, BIG hits for Janet, that some of you dislike, or aren't your favs, and would rank at the bottom of your lists when it comes to your favs among Janet's hit singles.

Just saying...

Then why did it fail? Because it wasnt the lead single? Results would have been the same. idc what any of you say the song was not appealing on the radio. R&B JUNKIE is farrrr more radio friendly..which was Janet and her labels initial choice for 1st single. industry folk > you

neither is SEx but that was mentioned

Seriously? :mellow: It failed because of the backlash. After JALW flopped the momentum of that project was obliterated. 'R&B Junkie' is obviously more radio friendly, just like a handful of other songs on Damita Jo, but they don't scream Janet half as loud as ANDS. And you don't need to be "industry folk" to understand that none of them would have made a sliver of difference purely because of the post SB fallout.

'SEx' is unarguably a Janet dance song. It's not even up for debate.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of ya'll don't seem to get that just because you dislike it doesn't mean it couldn't have been a hit with proper support. There are certain songs, BIG hits for Janet, that some of you dislike, or aren't your favs, and would rank at the bottom of your lists when it comes to your favs among Janet's hit singles.

Just saying...

Like what :umm: