2013 VMAs

TwistedElegance™

I

The movie all the gays love

I don't like it

:lol: is that why everybody was giving me that face? Like I was automatically supposed to know what it was? I've only seen that movie once and I was maybe 26 and didn't know much about gay culture. Actually this forum is where I learned all the gay lingo from lol

Mean Girls & Clueless are both universally loved lol, the straights like both too.

Clueless is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Mean girls was cute, but Alicia Silverstone and Stacey Dash got their LIFE in Clueless!!!!

After clueless, teen comedies, dramas and horror films started coming out like every week.

I:lol: is that why everybody was giving me that face? Like I was automatically supposed to know what it was? I've only seen that movie once and I was maybe 26 and didn't know much about gay culture. Actually this forum is where I learned all the gay lingo from lol

That's exactly why.. I get the same face when I tell people that that movie is stupid.. But the gays love what the gays love

It's not the BET awards and plenty of black A-listers were there... :umm:

Hell even Lil Kim showed up. I don't think it was a case of not being invited, I think its a case of nobody wants to participate anymore because the show has become so stale, tired and predictable. There was a time when the VMA was THAT award show that everybody wanted to be a part of because it was a huge spectacle, now its more like a sideshow for bad performances.

Hell even Lil Kim showed up. I don't think it was a case of not being invited, I think its a case of nobody wants to participate anymore because the show has become so stale, tired and predictable. There was a time when the VMA was THAT award show that everybody wanted to be a part of because it was a huge spectacle, now its more like a sideshow for bad performances.

I disagree... the VMAs are still the top award music show of the year (behind the Grammy's of course)... Any artist would love to be apart of the VMAs.. And I wouldn't have guessed half the winners from last night... including Taylor beating anyone and Macklemore winning two or 3 awards..

I figured JT would win video of the year.. though Mirrors video isn't all that... I don't think there's anything wrong with the VMAs at all... A host would be nice.. and not Kevin Hart (another black entertainer who was there)

all I'm saying is we all still watched it... whether good or bad.. i think we all would still watch it

That's exactly why.. I get the same face when I tell people that that movie is stupid.. But the gays love what the gays love

But you'd get that reaction from straight guys too, it's really not a gay thing, as someone who does like a bit of things the gays do, thats a universal thing like Clueless & Bridesmaids. :asham:

But you'd get that reaction from straight guys too, it's really not a gay thing, as someone who does like a bit of things the gays do, thats a universal thing like Clueless & Bridesmaids. :asham:

When I say "gays"... I mean their hags too... all three are gay/chick flix and I'm too masculine for that

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25041-1372862250-29_zps52ace0e6.gif

Cal said it best: "2013 VMAs...lets do what the blacks do but let's not invite them." Lmao

Exactly.

Stale and predictable, but who wouldn't want to participate in an major award show event?

MTV wanted a certain "look" and "feel" for this show... and they got it.

When I say "gays"... I mean their hags too... all three are gay/chick flix and I'm too masculine for that

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25041-1372862250-29_zps52ace0e6.gif

Well that's your opinion of them but as a film buff they're really more universal because of the content, which is why unlike most chick/gay flix those 3 titles are all heavily awarded, respected and praised among most audiences, but alas it is your opinion I suppose.

Well that's your opinion of them but as a film buff they're really more universal because of the content, which is why unlike most chick/gay flix those 3 titles are all heavily awarded, respected and praised among most audiences, but alas it is your opinion I suppose.

they're not universal.. they're straight chick flix and you will have to deal... women and gays are the only demographic of the movies (mostly women but any type of comedy featuring women are automatically a crossover for the gays)

None of them won/Nominated for an Oscars or Academy Awards so let's cut the "heavily awarded" card... Clueless didn't win anything... And Mean Girls was nominated and won a handful of Mtv and Teen Choice awards... the only one of the three that has a wider-range of awards is Braidsmaid for some odd reason.. I don't know why though

Not an opinion.. Marketing fact.. Gays & girls love these 3 movies... straight men and masculine who watch comic book-on-screen-adaptions don't care for these movies

which is why JoeJoe (a masculine guy) hasn't bother watching these movies.... don't get me wrong.. they're apart of gay-cinema.. every gay should experience these movies... but they're not universal movies where straight guys would have these dvds/blurays laying around in their collection