TLC: "Every time I see you you don't have to be naked"

bu.

Though I agree with most of what you said I kind of disagree with this or at least it's got me thinking "huh?"... Rude Boy does not sound Reggae or Dancehall to me at all. As much as it slays, it's pop/R&B at most - to me anyway. The others, yes but not Rude Boy lol. i could be wrong - I'll listen again but I never got reggae from Rude Boy.

Rude Boy (as well as What's My Name) is 100% dancehall. A lot of modern dancehall has synths and electro influence.

No Love Allowed and Man Down are straight up reggae. You da One is reggae pop.

Many people don't know it, but Say It from GGGB samples a Shabba Ranks song. That's also dancehall.

• Upvote 1

Like Madonnasaur Rex

I think you might be right. Maybe it's because I care more about Rih than I do for Metamucil. Both of them are pot stirrers and provokers.

Rih is going to respond to whatever she wants and is very silly on social media. She definitely let's some Navy gas her up and act a fool. Even though everything she posts will reach millions on a platform, she's not going to hold back or be diplomatic. I don't agree with everything she posts, but we all use these mediums however we choose to and have to be responsible for our output.

I don't see how TLC were attacking Rih and she definitely over-retaliated. I still love TLC and Rih. :)

• Upvote 1

I agree with Reyna but I must say I'm starting to get tired of her whole bitch on wheels act when her time being on top and "up up up" as Janet would say is over, cause it won't last forever... the people are going to be even nastier to her than she's acted....love her music but secretly I'd like to see her knocked down a peg or two being full of yourself is a turn off

Yes. I was done with her when she made fun of that girls prom dress a fan of hers after the girl had been dragged along over social media. No humility what so ever

I think you might be right. Maybe it's because I care more about Rih than I do for Metamucil. Both of them are pot stirrers and provokers.

Rih is going to respond to whatever she wants and is very silly on social media. She definitely let's some Navy gas her up and act a fool. Even though everything she posts will reach millions on a platform, she's not going to hold back or be diplomatic. I don't agree with everything she posts, but we all use these mediums however we choose to and have to be responsible for our output.

I don't see how TLC were attacking Rih and she definitely over-retaliated. I still love TLC and Rih. :)

Yeah she kind of did the most. Sometimes her responses are warranted but other times it makes her seem like she has entirely way too much time on her hands. She just needs to let go and let her work speak for itself. Not everything needs a response, especially when they aren't directly calling her out. At the end of the day TLC is still a legendary group and she has yet to cement her place in history so she needs to humble herself... a lot.

Yes. I was done with her when she made fun of that girls prom dress a fan of hers after the girl had been dragged along over social media. No humility what so ever

Rih owes that girl an apology.

Yeah she kind of did the most. Sometimes her responses are warranted but other times it makes her seem like she has entirely way too much time on her hands. She just needs to let go and let her work speak for itself. Not everything needs a response, especially when they aren't directly calling her out. At the end of the day TLC is still a legendary group and she has yet to cement her place in history so she needs to humble herself... a lot.

Not kind of, she IS doing the most hehe. She's loves social media just as much as we do, she's just messier. Being that accessible has a lot of cons and shots will be fired, so if she feels the need to respond, then that's what works for her. She gets a kick out of it, but I too feel a line has to be drawn somewhere.

I think what bothers me the most is the "old thot" comment. I'd be very upset if someone were to speak of my mother that way. I read Chase's response and it made me realize that it was no longer funny.

I do think Rih has made her place in history, clearly she doesn't have much of the achievements of TLC, but she's made her mark, ESPECIALLY among her peers 2005 to present.

• Upvote 1

Rih owes that girl an apology.

Not kind of, she IS doing the most hehe. She's loves social media just as much as we do, she's just messier. Being that accessible has a lot of cons and shots will be fired, so if she feels the need to respond, then that's what works for her. She gets a kick out of it, but I too feel a line has to be drawn somewhere.

I think what bothers me the most is the "old thot" comment. I'd be very upset if someone were to speak of my mother that way. I read Chase's response and it made me realize that it was no longer funny.

I do think Rih has made her place in history, clearly she doesn't have much of the achievements of TLC, but she's made her mark, ESPECIALLY among her peers 2005 to present.

Yeah the old thot one was dumb, because people will say the same about her in 10 years, not that she cares, but it just shows disrespect, especially to someone who has paved the way for her to push boundaries as she wishes to do.

I don't really think she made a place in history though LOL. Maybe if you focus on this time period of artists, yes, but overall there's nothing that shows she had any input in changing the landscape of music, like how MJ, Janet and Madge revolutionized the music video and MTV platform, or how Whitney and Mariah set the standard for singing, but then again the music industry has gone to shit and my standards are high LOL. What these pop girls are doing today has already been done.

Yeah the old thot one was dumb, because people will say the same about her in 10 years, not that she cares, but it just shows disrespect, especially to someone who has paved the way for her to push boundaries as she wishes to do.

I don't really think she made a place in history though LOL. Maybe if you focus on this time period of artists, yes, but overall there's nothing that shows she had any input in changing the landscape of music, like how MJ, Janet and Madge revolutionized the music video and MTV platform, or how Whitney and Mariah set the standard for singing, but then again the music industry has gone to shit and my standards are high LOL. What these pop girls are doing today has already been done.

It doesn't bother me what folks will say in 10 years...don't talk about other people's mama!!

We can only compare Rih to her peers. It's been 9 years that since her debut and she's definitely a newcomer when compared to the likes of Jansus the Great, we'll have to see her overall impact down the road.

VERY FEW artists can make the type of impact that those you mentioned have. There are dozens of artists that were contemporaries with Janet that had success, but never made the influence or impact. Janet clearly wanted to be regarded as one of the most successful artists and performers of all time and she went for it.

That's a very high standard, not that there's anything wrong with it, but they are one of a kind and don't happen very often. Plus, some artists are just in it for the love of the music, nothing else. And times have changed, we have to accept that the golden days of the 80s, 90s, and 00s are over. The industry is sharply declining in profits and quality.

Kish, instead of using up allll my likes on every post you've made in the last several hours, I'll just post this saying I agree with each & every post, you slay lol.

But yea things like this makes her very much an artist that all I really care & give a damn about is the music and mostly the music related stuff.

Kish, instead of using up allll my likes on every post you've made in the last several hours, I'll just post this saying I agree with each & every post, you slay lol.

But yea things like this makes her very much an artist that all I really care & give a damn about is the music and mostly the music related stuff.

I love Rihanna's music first and foremost, since day 1...and that's never going to change.

We can't deny that a large part of her appeal is her image and her social media presence. Every shady post, see through dress, pink wig and hair wrap, or clap back is going to get attention and I don't think it'll stop any time soon.

I'm with you guys and gals she should let her work speak for her yet part of her branding is the fashion, the attitude, the social media .... I just wish she had some humility at the end of the day laughs and clap backs aside she lacks decorum and that's just as tacky now as it was 10 years ago and as it will always be

Oooooh yeah I would be pissed if someone called my mom an old thot. I definitely would be wayyyy more reckless about it LOL

tlc handled themselves well they don't cross me as the type to back down yet they didn't clap back hard on her they have their status cemented already these new pop chicks be too gased up

I'm with you guys and gals she should let her work speak for her yet part of her branding is the fashion, the attitude, the social media .... I just wish she had some humility at the end of the day laughs and clap backs aside she lacks decorum and that's just as tacky now as it was 10 years ago and as it will always be

Rihanna shows humility. Every award she's won, she has been very humble and she thanks HER team and fans for making her who she is today..but aside from that, Rihanna really doesn't give a fuck..but she doesn't have to respond to everything that is said about her.

No one really reported about her giving 200K to a foundation in the memory of her grandparents..stories like that get swept under a rug..but she'll make headlines for her fashion or tabloid fodder.

Rihanna shows humility. Every award she's won, she has been very humble and she thanks HER team and fans for making her who she is today..but aside from that, Rihanna really doesn't give a fuck..but she doesn't have to respond to everything that is said about her.

No one really reported about her giving 200K to a foundation in the memory of her grandparents..stories like that get swept under a rug..but she'll make headlines for her fashion or tabloid fodder.

Sadly that's probably what she's known for most now. The media is always reluctant to post positive stories about blacks LOL unless it's about Beyonce. But ppl are more interested in her constant feuds than they are about her philanthropic works. I wish she would use her social media influence more to highlight that instead of responding to all the haters all the damn time.

• Upvote 1

I think Rihanna is more like the "don't start none, it won't be none" type of person. If you start it, well I'm gonna finish it becuz at the end of the day I'm one of the HBIC's in today's world and the public will EAT UP my response which will work more in my favor than yours.

So I kinda get why she do what she does... It only keeps her in ppls mouths. Her being vocal with the clapbacks on social media is "promotion" for an already booming brand. And we live in an era where being Messy ? Ppl LIVEEE for it.

• Upvote 2

Sadly that's probably what she's known for most now. The media is always reluctant to post positive stories about blacks LOL unless it's about Beyonce. But ppl are more interested in her constant feuds than they are about her philanthropic works. I wish she would use her social media influence more to highlight that instead of responding to all the haters all the damn time.

I agree. She may have posted pictures from the event on twitter..it was in Paris..but still..it was something positive..but it did happen the week she wore THAT DRESS. So eh.

Like Kishi mentioned..her fans gas her up..and plus she likes to poke fun of herself by posting pictures of her drawn by stans/haters..it's part of her personality. :asham:

She strikes me as that type of person..but she's a shady bitch as well.

Well true..she showed she was a shady bitch with the Ciara thing but then again...that blew up bigger than it had to cuz Ciara took it upon herself to put Rihanna on blast on TV ..juss outta nowhere. So expect shit to be brewing when you try to come for her in that kind of messy way.

Well true..she showed she was a shady bitch with the Ciara thing but then again...that blew up bigger than it had to cuz Ciara took it upon herself to put Rihanna on blast on TV ..juss outta nowhere. So expect shit to be brewing when you try to come for her in that kind of messy way.

It's a bunch of shit that goes into it..social media plays a big part in everything..from even catching criminals! So Rihanna has an advantage to be larger than life because of social media..that instant gratification that makes people/situations bigger than what they are.

• Upvote 1

I think Rihanna is more like the "don't start none, it won't be none" type of person. If you start it, well I'm gonna finish it becuz at the end of the day I'm one of the HBIC's in today's world and the public will EAT UP my response which will work more in my favor than yours.

So I kinda get why she do what she does... It only keeps her in ppls mouths. Her being vocal with the clapbacks on social media is "promotion" for an already booming brand. And we live in an era where being Messy ? Ppl LIVEEE for it.

YAAAAAAASSSSS!! 100% truth!!

The ONLY interview she's given on television in 2014 so far was on Good Morning America and that was for the VIVA Glam MAC AIDS Fund. She does a lot of humanitarian work, but she gets most of her attention when she's being ratchet, sexual, or clapping back.

The response to Rihanna doing charity and fundraising...

happy-baby-sleeping-o.gif

The response to Rihanna popping off on a celebrity or anyone really...

tumblr_mwy1vm5Ros1rflk6co1_500.gif

And she clearly gets life from shade and messiness. So she does indulge and participate in the foolery even more, it gets people talking. Plus, social media is FREE PROMOTION!

• Upvote 3