TLC: "Every time I see you you don't have to be naked"

bu.

Exactly.. To ignore the impact, though small, Rihanna has had is to ignore modern pop culture.. Rihanna is the top tier girl and people are just gonna have to deal

Basically, she's been at work for those last 10yrs, She earned what she's got & where she's going

Wait, how do we know they were referring to Rihanna? It seemed like a very general statement. Rihanna isn't the only one who's naked all the time.

#CLOCKED

And Rihanna needs to grow up, calling them old thots like ageism isn't gonna punch her out the game in about ten years.

#CLOCKEDAGAIN

LOL Her behavior isn't Iconic, but it doesn't make her less of 1. Again it's your opinion vs. facts basically.

Who has she paved the way for and what new trend did she start? If you can answer that I'll run through the slums of Barbados and scream Rihannas an icon

Who has she paved the way for and what new trend did she start? If you can answer that I'll run through the slums of Barbados and scream Rihannas an icon

She opened the door for female reggae pop superstars. I challenge you to name a single Caribbean female who ruled the pop world with multiple hit s as well as albums for well over 5 years. If you cannot that makes her the 1st thus opening the door for others, because as pop as she is each album she still shows love to her Caribbean roots. So get ta runnin

There's also this:

Rihanna's work has directly influenced a number of contemporary artists such as Little Mix,[241] Selena Gomez,[242] Justin Bieber,[243] Ellie Goulding,[244] Demi Lovato,[245] and Willow Smith.[246] Furthermore, numerous other artists have praised and/or admired Rihanna's artistry, fashion and/or work ethic, including Eminem,[247] Kesha,[248] Rita Ora,[249] Mary J. Blige,[250] Cheryl Cole,[251] and Chris Martin.[252] Rihanna has an honorary title of Ambassador for Culture and Youth in Barbados.

She opened the door for female reggae pop superstars. I challenge you to name a single Caribbean female who ruled the pop world with multiple hit s as well as albums for well over 5 years. If you cannot that makes her the 1st thus opening the door for others, because as pop as she is each album she still shows love to her Caribbean roots. So get ta runnin

There's also this:

Rihanna's work has directly influenced a number of contemporary artists such as Little Mix,[241] Selena Gomez,[242] Justin Bieber,[243] Ellie Goulding,[244] Demi Lovato,[245] and Willow Smith.[246] Furthermore, numerous other artists have praised and/or admired Rihanna's artistry, fashion and/or work ethic, including Eminem,[247] Kesha,[248] Rita Ora,[249] Mary J. Blige,[250] Cheryl Cole,[251] and Chris Martin.[252] Rihanna has an honorary title of Ambassador for Culture and Youth in Barbados.

Sorry Jarryl but there have been plenty of female Reggae artists who've had hits that have crossed over. Maybe not as popular as Rihanna but she's not the first. Also Rihanna isn't looked at as a Reggae pop star, she's simply looked at as a black pop star. No one and I mean no one including herself looks at her as a reggae artist. Oh and this artist Diana King is the first Jamaican artist to ever come out. She announced she's a lesbian in 2012.

and then Patra Queen of Reggae

I forgot this video has tupac and yo-yo in it. He fucked one or both of these women. I can see it in his eyes lol

There's also this:

Name the artists she opened doors for. If she did open any doors no one walked through them. Selena Gomez was influenced by britney and xtina, Beiber by MJ and Usher, Demi Lovato and Willow by Pink. Truth be told FeFe Dobson open the doors for Rihanna.

I'm glad Chase clapped back at her. If Rihanna responds to this little girl then god help her

Bpg_Asdz_CMAAe_F_R_jpg_large.jpg

Sorry Jarryl but there have been plenty of female Reggae artists who've had hits that have crossed over. Maybe not as popular as Rihanna but she's not the first. Also Rihanna isn't looked at as a Reggae pop star, she's simply looked at as a black pop star. No one and I mean no one including herself looks at her as a reggae artist. Oh and this artist Diana King is the first Jamaican artist to ever come out. She announced she's a lesbian in 2012.

and then Patra Queen of Reggae

I forgot this video has tupac and yo-yo in it. He fucked one or both of these women. I can see it in his eyes lol

No need to be sorry because you're wrong. Neither name you listed had even close to the same amount of success on pop audiences as Rihanna. Who said a Reggae girl never had a crossover hit? I'm saying its never been the same level as her. Need you to name a artist with at least more than 1 or 2 hot 100 hits. And also about her being a Reggae artist, you're right she's more eclectic, but she's still can be considered 1 because she does at least 1 reggae song per album.

No need to be sorry because you're wrong. Neither name you listed had even close to the same amount of success on pop audiences as Rihanna. Who said a Reggae girl never had a crossover hit? I'm saying its never been the same level as her. Need you to name a artist with at least more than 1 or 2 hot 100 hits. And also about her being a Reggae artist, you're right she's more eclectic, but she's still can be considered 1 because she does at least 1 reggae song per album.

Boom.. Done.. Joe named two flops no one outside the reggae realm has heard of and Skin is ignoring facts and posting what TLC's delusional daughter said on Facebook.. I'm sure if my mother was hypocritical.. Nope.. Still wouldn't support her

Either way JIF.. Their opinions on Rihanna won't change. Let them ignore her impact.. My parents don't like her neither. Yes.. It's a generational thing

• Upvote 1

Just cause you do one reggae song per album don't mean you can be considered a reggae artist. I don't need to name any reggae artist with 1 or 2 hot 100 hits cause that doesn't validate you're reasoning saying Rihanna opened the door for other female reggae artists. If anything the 2 flops who had decent hits on Billboard that I named opened the door for her. You really think if Rihanna had a reggae album that any singles would top the Billboard Hot 100? Rihanna IS NOT A REGGAE ARTIST period. Just cause you're from Barbados and sing doesn't automatically make you a reggae artist. Name one reggae song of Rihanna's to top the charts or come close. Note: Pon de Replay is not reggae

Boom.. Done.. Joe named two flops no one outside the reggae realm has heard of and Skin is ignoring facts and posting what TLC's delusional daughter said on Facebook.. I'm sure if my mother was hypocritical.. Nope.. Still wouldn't support her

Either way JIF.. Their opinions on Rihanna won't change. Let them ignore her impact.. My parents don't like her neither. Yes.. It's a generational thing

you're fuckin' stupid :lol: I like Rihanna and I don't ignore her success and i'm happy she's where she is. I like her way better than Beyonce so don't even try that coming up in here acting as if I dislike her lol. FAIL. She's simply not a reggae artist and she didn't open the doors for any others. Who cares if I named 2 flops. You act like I stan for them or something :lol:

Name the artists she opened doors for. If she did open any doors no one walked through them. Selena Gomez was influenced by britney and xtina, Beiber by MJ and Usher, Demi Lovato and Willow by Pink. Truth be told FeFe Dobson open the doors for Rihanna.

So everyone can only be influenced by 1 person now? LOL So that means its IMPOSSIBLE for Rihanna to be a source of inspiration tho each of them have publically named her as 1 of their inspirations. And just because their hasn't been another female to walk through the door she opened that doesnt mean there will never be 1, it means she created the opportunity for there to be many in the future even if there arent any right now. And how can Fefe open the door for Rihanna when she's not Caribbean, nor has she had the kind of success that could open doors (she has NO U.S. top 10 hits, hell I never heard that name before). Im asking for a women from the caribean islands who had substancial success and was a pop culture magnet & icon with at least a handful of hot 100 top 10's, a name we know, that came before Rihanna....I can't think of a single name.

But heres to your hilarious statement about Willow (whos clearly VERY much inspired by Rih)

While attending events[vague], Smith received media attention for her extravagant outfits compared to Rihanna, whom she later credited as a musical influence.[relevant? – discuss] Coincidentally, it leaked on the Internet the same day as Rihanna's "Only Girl (In the World)"[relevant? – discuss] and the song was covered by numerous media outlets, including Time, Billboard, and CNN the day of its release. Initial reception praised the song's kid-friendly, yet universal appeal, while dubbing Smith "baby Rihanna".

But I thought she had no impact.......

Just cause you do one reggae song per album don't mean you can be considered a reggae artist. I don't need to name any reggae artist with 1 or 2 hot 100 hits cause that doesn't validate you're reasoning saying Rihanna opened the door for other female reggae artists. If anything the 2 flops who had decent hits on Billboard that I named opened the door for her. You really think if Rihanna had a reggae album that any singles would top the Billboard Hot 100? Rihanna IS NOT A REGGAE ARTIST period. Just cause you're from Barbados and sing doesn't automatically make you a reggae artist. Name one reggae song of Rihanna's to top the charts or come close. Note: Pon de Replay is not reggae

It's not about doing 1 or 2 Regge songs per album, hell most of her 1st & 2nd are composed of Reggae/Dancehall songs,and she had hits off them, hell RudeBoy alone is a Reggae hit. but even erasing the instrumental, the Reggae/Caribean flavor is with her no matter what genre she does because it's in her voice, it's what sets her apart from her peers. And Pon De Replay, Break It Off, & Rude Boy are all Dancehall which is a pop mix of Reggae, so they count.

Basically lol. I guess it is a "ya either get it or you don't, or you like it or you don't". Point remains everything I said was on the side of facts. Hell it's very few people I know who grew up with The Supremes, The Vandellas, & The Marvalletes who are/were fans of The Spice Girls, Destiny's Child, or (and in alot of cases especially) TLC

• Upvote 1

I must say I'm a tad surprised this made it to 5 pages. It seems like a general statement to a number of girls in the game, and does have some merit just based on personal taste. Sex sells, but won't really put you at the top nor keep you there. Whether you have a good team behind you or some sort of real talent in you, you have to have either or both as a necessity to keep widespread interest in you for the long term.

When it comes to this situation, I'm pretty indifferent to Rihanna in general.The dress was very revealing and left no mystery, but it doesn't surprise me that she'd wear something like that. I'd like to see some sort of attempt at keeping mystery, but that's just me and what I like. She can do what she wants. *shrug* TLC struck that balance for me with their presentation, and so while I'm not a huge fan I am a fan in general and love them a lot with that reason included. I'm not sure how or why Whitney was brought into this, and I don't care to read 5 pages to find out. Despite her faults, for most of her career Whitney presented herself like a real lady. I adore her for that and always have.

This is really a "to each his own" or "matter of personal taste" situation so idk why a debate started. Oh well. I thought I'd give my 2c.

I agree with Reyna but I must say I'm starting to get tired of her whole bitch on wheels act when her time being on top and "up up up" as Janet would say is over, cause it won't last forever... the people are going to be even nastier to her than she's acted....love her music but secretly I'd like to see her knocked down a peg or two being full of yourself is a turn off

• Upvote 1

I agree with Reyna but I must say I'm starting to get tired of her whole bitch on wheels act when her time being on top and "up up up" as Janet would say is over, cause it won't last forever... the people are going to be even nastier to her than she's acted....love her music but secretly I'd like to see her knocked down a peg or two being full of yourself is a turn off

No one lasts forever.. MJ lasted until Janet saved him... Janet lasted until she decided to show her boob in front of 70 million people and inspire the creation of the largest empire (YOUTUBE)

But she's here for the long run.. I don't see her burning out until she gets Beyonce's age... ya know.. early-40s.. :shifty:

• Upvote 1

It's not about doing 1 or 2 Regge songs per album, hell most of her 1st & 2nd are composed of Reggae/Dancehall songs,and she had hits off them, hell RudeBoy alone is a Reggae hit. but even erasing the instrumental, the Reggae/Caribean flavor is with her no matter what genre she does because it's in her voice, it's what sets her apart from her peers. And Pon De Replay, Break It Off, & Rude Boy are all Dancehall which is a pop mix of Reggae, so they count.

Though I agree with most of what you said I kind of disagree with this or at least it's got me thinking "huh?"... Rude Boy does not sound Reggae or Dancehall to me at all. As much as it slays, it's pop/R&B at most - to me anyway. The others, yes but not Rude Boy lol. i could be wrong - I'll listen again but I never got reggae from Rude Boy.

Though I agree with most of what you said I kind of disagree with this or at least it's got me thinking "huh?"... Rude Boy does not sound Reggae or Dancehall to me at all. As much as it slays, it's pop/R&B at most - to me anyway. The others, yes but not Rude Boy lol. i could be wrong - I'll listen again but I never got reggae from Rude Boy.

Yea, I hear more Dancehall with Rudeboy than R&B honestly. But the song is very eclectic, the island flavor is what made me love it most tho honestly.

Yea, I hear more Dancehall with Rudeboy than R&B honestly. But the song is very eclectic, the island flavor is what made me love it most tho honestly.

I'd have to listen to it again but tbh I'm not an expert in Dancehall/Reggae.

Just post a similar song

Think anything Sean Paul would've done back when he released that 1 album that mattered with Get Busy, Rude Boy is like that kind of flavor only the R&B is turned down more and for Rih the pop is turned up, but the dancehall is the main background. Rude Boy is that kind of mixture only more pop and a lil less urban. Eh maybe Im the only 1 that see's that comparison, but it's the only 1 that I can kind of elaborate on right now.

Think anything Sean Paul would've done back when he released that 1 album that mattered with Get Busy, Rude Boy is like that kind of flavor only the R&B is turned down more and for Rih the pop is turned up, but the dancehall is the main background. Rude Boy is that kind of mixture only more pop and a lil less urban. Eh maybe Im the only 1 that see's that comparison, but it's the only 1 that I can kind of elaborate on right now.

I don't reggae.. Lol I don't even like Rihanna's reggae song