TLC: "Every time I see you you don't have to be naked"

bu.

When you walk outside practiaclly naked, you're looking for attention. She wanted folks talking about her and now she has it. However, she can't dictate what they say. When you are a provocateur you need to be ready for people to judge your behavior. Otherwise, stop doing what you do. :coffee:

For the record, i thought she looked beautiful in her gown last week.

• Upvote 2

And what is wrong with her defending herself? Just becuz you know knives are gonna be thrown doesn't mean you're not gonna defend and/ or fight back. That's what making a Statement is all about. Being a risque risk taker and Standing by that not allowing ppl to back you down into a crowded corner. Madonna is a prime example of how she stood firm and shot back at the nay sayers.

I still think TLC (whether they indirectly) said it or not..should have left the comment alone all together. Like Voodoo said, being naked has be selling in music for how long? Damn near Every female in da industry has sold sex to some degree in all of their careers (including TLC)..so why even nitpick? It was a setup and they fell right for it..

Rude Boy (as well as What's My Name) is 100% dancehall. A lot of modern dancehall has synths and electro influence.

No Love Allowed and Man Down are straight up reggae. You da One is reggae pop.

Many people don't know it, but Say It from GGGB samples a Shabba Ranks song. That's also dancehall.

I can hear it in What's My Name but tbh I'm not an expert in that genre so I wouldn't have known :lol:. What about Watch N Learn?

Yea I hate I forgot to mention What's My Name with listing the hit's she had with dancehall/reggae. That 1 is more obvious than Rude Boy.

@ Bu, the Dancehall part instrumentally on Rude Boy comes in the same time her vocals do, right after the beat does that speed up and disappear thing

I can hear it in What's My Name but tbh I'm not an expert in that genre so I wouldn't have known :lol:. What about Watch N Learn?

Watch N Learn is dancehall (also have to throw Pon De Replay, Rush, Break It Off, and Music Of The Sun in there). Songs like Here I Go Again, No No No, Selfish Girl are reggae.

The biggest difference is reggae is more slow down, romantic, political, story telling (think Bob Marley) and dancehall is more dance and sex (think Sean Paul).

• Upvote 1

There's a difference between defending yourself and doing the most. All the profile pic and header changers were doing too much, the memes also. You can defend yourself without name calling and being disrespectful

Defending yourself and "doing the most" is all subjective. Just like imo ....I'm not here for there being "limits" to a retalitation when she was the one being attacked out of nowhere while minding your own business. The attacker doesn't deserve to be cut any slack. How bout Rihanna would not have done "too much" if ppl stuck to ....if you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all? How bout that? That's the ROOT of the messiness,today. The retaliation is not the problem...its the shit talker with no muzzle.

Defending yourself and "doing the most" is all subjective. Just like imo ....I'm not here for there being "limits" to a retalitation when she was the one being attacked out of nowhere while minding your own business. The attacker doesn't deserve to be cut any slack. How bout Rihanna would not have done "too much" if ppl stuck to ....if you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all? How bout that? That's the ROOT of the messiness,today. The retaliation is not the problem...its the shit talker with no muzzle.

But the fact is, they didn't mention ANY NAMES. Hurt dogs will holler. I can see if they mentioned her by name or indirectly mentioned her but they can be talking about anyone. Rihanna isn't the only one who is naked all the time. I would think they would of been referring to Miley before I think of Rihanna

• Upvote 1

But the fact is, they didn't mention ANY NAMES. Hurt dogs will holler. I can see if they mentioned her by name or indirectly mentioned her but they can be talking about anyone. Rihanna isn't the only one who is naked all the time. I would think they would of been referring to Miley before I think of Rihanna

This.

There's a difference between defending yourself and doing the most. All the profile pic and header changers were doing too much, the memes also. You can defend yourself without name calling and being disrespectful

That 'Old Thot' comment showed how immature she is. I love shady Rihanna, but name calling in urban vernacular makes her look so basic and less than.

TLC CLEARS UP THE WHOLE RIHANNA "DISS" ..that actually didn't happen.

Another case of the media chopping up someones words to put a whole nother spin on it to cause a ruckus :sigh:

Looks I'm team TLC now :shifty:

Rihanna was trigger happy in starting/"responding to" this coconut. Maybe she'll think twice in the future? -_-