What are you reading right now?

Selz

I'm so pissed off that poor guy went through all that hell for something he didn't do. I was pissed off, sad, and like you said, all kinds of emotions. I think they will make it into a movie, but just like "For Colored Girls" I don't think I could watch it. >_<

I felt so bad for him while he went thru his depression. And at the end they focused to much on preacher..

• 2 weeks later...

19-157.jpg

Just started 19 minutes. Its about a 17 year old who was bulied for years at school and his best friend dropped him and joined the in crowd and now harasses him too. Eventually he breaks and goes Columbine at the school. The book is mostly about what leads people to the paths they take and examines the familes and parents on both sides and what lead each of their sets of kids to do what they did and how they went wrong etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

if you dont know, Julie Powell was/is a government secretary who challenged herself to make all of Julia Child's recipes from Mastering The Art of French Cooking..more than 500 recipes. Took her a year to do it....was made into a movie.

Julie from the book is more of a bitch than the movie Julie

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

if you dont know, Julie Powell was/is a government secretary who challenged herself to make all of Julia Child's recipes from Mastering The Art of French Cooking..more than 500 recipes. Took her a year to do it....was made into a movie.

Julie from the book is more of a bitch than the movie Julie

I haven't read the book but really enjoyed the movie, I thought Meryl did it brilliantly.

I haven't read the book but really enjoyed the movie, I thought Meryl did it brilliantly.

I love the movie which is why I was a bit freaked with Julie from the book. She internalizes EVERYTHING! And on top of that she is extremely neurotic. I know they change things around when they make a movie based on a book, but she takes the cake!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Many apologies if a thread like this has already been made. Not counting the "True You" thread. This thread is for any book or books you feel the rest of us should check out and discussions of said books.

My first recommendation: "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde

19th century book with 19th century English, which may be a turn off for some of you, but it is a BRILLIANT brilliant read nonetheless.

Here's a link to a summary of it: http://www.bookrags.com/notes/dg/SUM.html

What do you guys suggest?

• Upvote 1