The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

Actually Janet did apologize. Justin apologized in order to go to the Grammy's and even tho Janet did she was still uninvited as she said. That's white privilege buddy. Sorry but it is.

Rubbish!  That was not an apology. It was a 'sorry if you were offended' pretend apology. 

The Grammys said they could come on the show if they apologised ON the show. Justin did, people let him move on. Janet refused. She was wrong. She should've gone on and admitted she made a mistake. 

Its going nothing to do with race. 

You really need to get over this nonsense about white privilege. There is no such thing. Whites, or anyone for that matter, don't owe you anything. We ALL have to struggle along in life. Go listen to the song 'You'. 

• Downvote 3

and plenty of Black folk worked hard for no pay.....it was called slavery.....were your ancestors slaves?

oh palease. Get over it. It was centuries ago. 

My ancestors were slaves to war, being called to fight in WW1 and 2 but I don't go around calling all Germans Nazis and saying they have German privilege. 

• Downvote 1

I'm assuming you are black, give me an example in your life where you have been stopped from succeeding in something by a white person because he/she didn't like the colour of skin?

You talk so much crap. People knew janet was black and loved her. People saw her as the normal jackson. 

Why then was michael more popular when he was black. Funny how what you consider racist America, started to dislike michael when he turned White. 

You are so ignorant of how fortunate you are living in the free world and the opportunities you do have. 

LOL.  Don't ever tell a black person in America we should be fortunate to be living anywhere.  This free country was built on the backs of slaves and the opportunities and privileges any white person living here has is because of our ancestors and their sacrifice.   And you have to be joking with your whole statement.  Living in America as a black person is an example of how we are stopped from succeeding in everything everyday.  Thats why we have affirmative action.  That is why we have HBCUs.  That is why we have the congressional black caucus.  That is why we have TV One and BET, That is why we have the NAACP. That is why we have Black Girls Rock.  That is why we have Essence, Jet and Ebony magazine. The struggle of inequality is real. You need to do some serious research or either click your heels 3 times and leave up out of Kansas and try and see what reality looks like.  

Michael was popular just like Janet and the white media turned on him just the same.  MJ came from the biggest boy band of all times and had an album sale damn near 100 million records of course he was more popular.  But you see his ass was treated differently after the molestation accusations.  Woody Allen goes untouched.  Roman Polanski goes untouched and gets a standing ovation at the Oscars.  Michael was not embraced the same as a black man.  

• Upvote 5

My ancestors were slaves to war, being called to fight in WW1 and 2 but I don't go around calling all Germans Nazis and saying they have German privilege. 

Your ancestors did not lose their culture.  The names we have today are not ours.  They are those of our masters passed down generation to generation.  You are comparing a 4 year war to a 400 year genocide of an entire people and their way of life. Of course you can get over it.  It was not that long ago that Jim Crow and the Black Codes were lifted in this country so it was not centuries ago.  You dont go around saying German Nazis have privilege because they are not currently controlling majority of an entire system business, government, and education that you are a second class citizen in.   Are you high right now

• Upvote 2

LOL.  Don't ever tell a black person in America we should be fortunate to be living anywhere.  This free country was built on the backs of slaves and the opportunities and privileges any white person living here has is because of our ancestors and their sacrifice.   And you have to be joking with your whole statement.  Living in America as a black person is an example of how we are stopped from succeeding in everything everyday.  Thats why we have affirmative action.  That is why we have HBCUs.  That is why we have the congressional black caucus.  That is why we have TV One and BET, That is why we have the NAACP. That is why we have Black Girls Rock.  That is why we have Essence, Jet and Ebony magazine. The struggle of inequality is real. You need to do some serious research or either click your heels 3 times and leave up out of Kansas and try and see what reality looks like.  

Michael was popular just like Janet and the white media turned on him just the same.  MJ came from the biggest boy band of all times and had an album sale damn near 100 million records of course he was more popular.  But you see his ass was treated differently after the molestation accusations.  Woody Allen goes untouched.  Roman Polanski goes untouched and gets a standing ovation at the Oscars.  Michael was not embraced the same as a black man.  

I don't see how you can claim that today, being black and in America means being stopped from 'succeeding', when you have a black president. 

Yes, there is history, yes there is problems, but I just find phrases like White privilege deeply insulting, as if all white people are guilty of racism for just simply living. It's a disgusting phrase to use. 

It is just not true that all white people were born privileged. Poverty and discrimination is colourless. It's all over the place. 

Point in, living in America, there is nothing stopping you from succeeding. If the jackson 5 can do it from a poor neighourhood in Gary, anyone can succeed and break boundaries if you work hard. Maybe you're just not working hard enough ;)

• Downvote 1

White privilege is a thing. Just like male privilege is. If you are anything but a middle aged, white, protestant, heterosexual upper middle class to affluent male in the United States, you automatically have some form of "handicap" against you. A woman makes $0.70 cents to a male dollar. A hispanic or black female makes $0.63. If you're lgbt, you're looking over your shoulder about even keeping that job in some places. And, yes, low socio-economic status crosses all colors in the US. And there are people on Wall Street and who we have voted in Congress who keep people in a low-socioeconomic status and have all but eradicated the middle class, leaving almost a 90% working class and poverty class by convincing poor white people that all minorities are the reason they are poor. And convincing poor minorities that there is nothing more for than being poor or going to jail.

• Upvote 4

The lack of fan engagement this era has me dumbfounded.  We were spoiled last summer with bi-weekly news/announcements/activity from Janet & her team. Now, not so much... Why, I wonder? Something happened between then -- or is this their "strategy", if there still is one? So many questions...

• Upvote 2

It has been a been frustrating since the BIU lyric vid came out. I keep imagining how things might be different if she had not canceled the Iheartradio performance and didn't have to reschedule the 2nd US leg. Then the Euro cancelations. I keep waking up each Mon and Fri morning hoping the Dammn Baby video dropped and there's a major regroup for the album following it.

• Upvote 3

well at some point her team with Kathy Ireland were on it....but some place it died, I think that first track across the US was good, the first single performed well, and then BIU was released but Unbreakable was too :unsure: neither had a video and neither charted well anywhere then the cancellations came for the US....it was a gradual down slide

I'm assuming you are black, give me an example in your life where you have been stopped from succeeding in something by a white person because he/she didn't like the colour of skin?

You talk so much crap. People knew janet was black and loved her. People saw her as the normal jackson. 

Why then was michael more popular when he was black. Funny how what you consider racist America, started to dislike michael when he turned White. 

You are so ignorant of how fortunate you are living in the free world and the opportunities you do have. 

Don't assume.  I'm not black.  I'm a big mutt(Spanish/German/Italian/Cherokee Indian).  But if you really don't understand the politics of what happened to Janet after the Super Bowl and how it affected her career for nearly a full decade you are blind to how black women especially in entertainment are viewed and are held up to a different standard when it comes to their sexuality. The U.S. has come around for the most part as far as Janet....even the FCC admitted late last year that they took it too far.  Janet was America's sweetheart before the Super Bowl and after that was blackballed in the industry as far as radio airplay and the media and MTV not running her videos. 

As far as Michael he is more cherished now than he was alive.  Michael was a joke in the U.S. from the release of History until he died. Internationally he was always beloved. But back to the point....don't discuss issues of race in the U.S. especially when it concerns a black female and sexuality. 

• Upvote 1

Ok peeps I'm going to have to chime in here for a sec. If you're not black, and have never had to encounter a hardship BECAUSE of the color of your skin, then you will never understand, so you don't  have any room to talk about their hardship. Janet was treated like shit and I personally got into online wars with many who called her the N word after the tit hoopla. Are you saying they didn't call her that out of racism? I agree with many here who state that many of Janet's white counterparts have gotten away with way worse, and Janet was definitely treated unfairly. If Justin whored himself to the grammys, and some of you think that Janet doing it was going to grant her brownie points, you obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. She got all the backlash, and it would of continued. She's black, and she's a woman. Stop fucking kidding yourself! 

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

Rubbish!  That was not an apology. It was a 'sorry if you were offended' pretend apology. 

The Grammys said they could come on the show if they apologised ON the show. Justin did, people let him move on. Janet refused. She was wrong. She should've gone on and admitted she made a mistake. 

Its going nothing to do with race. 

You really need to get over this nonsense about white privilege. There is no such thing. Whites, or anyone for that matter, don't owe you anything. We ALL have to struggle along in life. Go listen to the song 'You'. 

It was a fuckin' apology! Justin said the same thing about "If anybody was offended" you idiot! Right after it happened Justin was bragging about himself performing with Janet but right after the backlash that's when he started being defensive. She already admitted she made a mistake which is why she apologized. That's what people do when they make mistakes is apologize. My you're so intelligent smfh. I only said one thing about it being white privilege b**** and who said you owed us anything. Oh it's definitely about race but of course you wouldn't see it. Both apologized and only one was banned from tv and radio. You think if Janet would've apologized to the Grammys that she still wouldn't of been banned? Grammys had nothing to do with her being banned. Do you get it or nah?

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 2

ha! Just like a ignorant white person to tell a black person to get over it when the seeds of slavery still effects their people today lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I meant as far as his popularity in America. 

Yeah.. Still applies to majority of dead celebrities bro.. Yes his music was popular and sales surged but only bc he died..

70% of Americans thought he did something weird with boys in 2005. I wouldn't call him "popular" after his bizarre (of course) self-demise 

The lack of fan engagement this era has me dumbfounded.  We were spoiled last summer with bi-weekly news/announcements/activity from Janet & her team. Now, not so much... Why, I wonder? Something happened between then -- or is this their "strategy", if there still is one? So many questions...

Fans don't have anything to engage with.  

Ok peeps I'm going to have to chime in here for a sec. If you're not black, and have never had to encounter a hardship BECAUSE of the color of your skin, then will never understand, so you don't  have any room to talk about their hardship. Janet was treated like shit and I personally got into online wars with many who called her the N word after the tit hoopla. Are you saying they didn't call her that out of racism? I agree with many here who state that many if Janet's white counterparts have gotten away with way more, and Janet was definitely treated unfairly. If Justin whored himself to the grammys, and some of you think that Janet doing it was going to grant her brownie points, you obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. She got all the backlash, and it would of continued. She's black, and she's a woman. Stop fucking kidding yourself! 

His views are sad.  I would expect a kid to say things like that.  Work hard like the Jackson 5 and you can make it in America.  what a joke 

I don't see how you can claim that today, being black and in America means being stopped from 'succeeding', when you have a black president. 

Yes, there is history, yes there is problems, but I just find phrases like White privilege deeply insulting, as if all white people are guilty of racism for just simply living. It's a disgusting phrase to use. 

It is just not true that all white people were born privileged. Poverty and discrimination is colourless. It's all over the place. 

Point in, living in America, there is nothing stopping you from succeeding. If the jackson 5 can do it from a poor neighourhood in Gary, anyone can succeed and break boundaries if you work hard. Maybe you're just not working hard enough ;)

:lmao:  There they go!  There they go!  Thats the ultimate sign of White Privilege.  Thinking that we have 1 black President in the last 200 years we have been set free.  GTFOH. What type of bubble do you live in. White privilege does not mean you are racist.  It means you have certain advantages because of the color of your skin.  White Privilege is not knowing that you have it. It goes beyond poverty.   Privilege is not just dealing with rich or poor.  "If the jackson 5 can do it so can you" You have to be kidding me.  You really are embarrassing  yourself.   It shows you have no culture, no education, you hang around the same type of people, you have never travelled and you watch too much TV.   You obviously did not understand anything in my last post.  You probably have no clue what any of those things were.  Explain HBCU's to me?  Why do we have them?  Explain why we have the congressional black caucus.  Those aren't poor blacks and they work their asses off.  Explain why these things still exist?  

• Upvote 5

You think if Janet would've apologized to the Grammys that she still wouldn't of been banned? Grammys had nothing to do with her being banned. Do you get it or nah?

EXACTLY! I was pissed that she even fucking apologized over a 2 second breast, all because of the pieces of shit, dumb fuck, racist, scum puritans.

• Upvote 2

Fans don't have anything to engage with.  

His views are sad.  I would expect a kid to say things like that.  Work hard like the Jackson 5 and you can make it in America.  what a joke 

:lmao:  There they go!  There they go!  Thats the ultimate sign of White Privilege.  Thinking that we have 1 black President in the last 200 years we have been set free.  GTFOH. What type of bubble do you live in. White privilege does not mean you are racist.  It means you have certain advantages because of the color of your skin.  White Privilege is not knowing that you have it. It goes beyond poverty.   Privilege is not just dealing with rich or poor.  "If the jackson 5 can do it so can you" You have to be kidding me.  You really are embarrassing  yourself.   It shows you have no culture, no education, you hang around the same type of people, you have never travelled and you watch too much TV.   You obviously did not understand anything in my last post.  You probably have no clue what any of those things were.  Explain HBCU's to me?  Why do we have them?  Explain why we have the congressional black caucus.  Those aren't poor blacks and they work their asses off.  Explain why these things still exist?  

I still can't believe he said "Get over it" :lol: and Uncle *** clocked me with a negative for calling Freexone out about it lol