The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

Some fan engagement would be nice...

I think that's the most frustrating thing about this era. She keeps saying (or, rather, some of her fans keep saying) that we need to "hear it from her lips" - but that only works if she actually says something!

I've gotten over the fact that the European tour was "postponed" for seemingly no reason (I had tickets to see her in Manchester next week), but to have had not one single word of apology for the inconvenience she's caused her European fans is, quite frankly, rather insulting. 

• Upvote 5

I wish Janet would work with Saam again. His videos with his hero were priceless pieces of art!!

I also enjoyed both of his videos.. I think FB could've been a little better tho, at least more dancing and not so dark..

But I loved the vision he had and how it was high-tech but in a practical way.. I appreciated that contrast..

As you guys have been stating, there have been so many things she could have done to lift this era up to a new level. Her lack of promo has been a huge mistake and I don't understand why her team hasn't forced her to correct this. When she announced the European dates, I was nervous for her (I saw something like this coming). I mean, she booked dates in places like Prague! Why?! Why would she do that? To not have toured arenas in Europe since the late 90's and then have announced all these dates at big arenas with no promo was such a bad move on her part.

Another thing, she really hasn't been communicating with fans. She usually just quotes her song lyrics and calls it a day. Why not actually speak to us through Q&As or discuss the album in-depth with Jimmy and Terry. I keep seeing all these articles of JJ&TL regurgitating the same story of how Control came to be which is so odd to me seeing as how we already know that story and they haven't really revealed anything we didn't know about Control's development. She didn't do anything for Control 30, so why would JJ&TL focus on that in interviews? Tell us more about all these songs on Unbreakable: the samples, the lyric concept, the theme, this "Conversation in a Cafe" which was dropped as a hashtag pretty early on in this era, I think.

I've read that she's gotten a new team since the #1's era. Maybe she should revamp her team again after this. Even after her missteps, I'll still be here for Janet's announcements, albeit with skeptical feelings. I am looking forward to this new video, hopefully the dancing, costumes and set design are all on-point

Edited by __VelvetKnowledge1814
  • Upvote 3

I have the bitter shouda, coulda, woulda, stan in distress attitude. I hate being pissed off at Janet. But I really wish she would have performed at the BET awards. Can you imagine the hell she would've caused if she were to perform Burnitup at the BET awards? 

Piggy backing off of that, I really wish she would have given Burnitup a proper video. Especially since the video for No Sleep was nothing to scream about. I think I wathed that video, a total of five times. 

I would hav been satisfied, and defending her on here if she would have at least given us that, and a few promotional performances.

Now, I hope Damn Baby is colorful, and dance heavy. One of my biggest wishes would be if she would do a behind the scenes of Unbreakable. The creative process, studio sessions, etc... I also hope Janet does a few appearances, and performs. SNL would be awesome!

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1

She's destroying any of the remaining legacy in Europe by not addressing the cancellations properly. She's becoming a joke and that all could have been prevented. She needs to do some serious damage control before it's too late, and I ain't talking about posting Dubai, jewellery or vinyl shit news. One bad move after another, her team (and her attitude) is disastrous.

I think her focus isn't quite in this "era" and that kinda shows; it's hard to deny that now, she really needed to address the European cancellations in a bigger way, that's a huge mess to clean up.

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 3

As you guys have been stating, there have been so many things she could have done to lift this era up to a new level. Her lack of promo has been a huge mistake and I don't understand why her team hasn't forced her to correct this. When she announced the European dates, I was nervous for her (I saw something like this coming). I mean, she booked dates in places like Prague! Why?! Why would she do that? To not have toured arenas in Europe since the late 90's and then have announced all these dates at big arenas with no promo was such a bad move on her part.

Another thing, she really hasn't been communicating with fans. She usually just quotes her song lyrics and calls it a day. Why not actually speak to us through Q&As or discuss the album in-depth with Jimmy and Terry. I keep seeing all these articles of JJ&TL regurgitating the same story of how Control came to be which is so odd to me seeing as how we already know that story and they haven't really revealed anything we didn't know about Control's development. She didn't do anything for Control 30, so why would JJ&TL focus on that in interviews? Tell us more about all these songs on Unbreakable: the samples, the lyric concept, the theme, this "Conversation in a Cafe" which was dropped as a hashtag pretty early on in this era, I think.

I've read that she's gotten a new team since the #1's era. Maybe she should revamp her team again after this. Even after her missteps, I'll still be here for Janet's announcements, albeit with skeptical feelings. I am looking forward to this new video, hopefully the dancing, costumes and set design are all on-point

nice read there.. Agree

I have the bitter shouda, coulda, woulda, stan in distress attitude. I hate being pissed off at Janet. But I really wish she would have performed at the BET awards. Can you imagine the hell she would've caused if she were to perform Burnitup at the BET awards? 

Piggy backing off of that, I really wish she would have given Burnitup a proper video. Especially since the video for No Sleep was nothing to scream about. I think I wathed that video, a total of five times. 

I would hav been satisfied, and defending her on here if she would have at least given us that, and a few promotional performances.

Now, I hope Damn Baby is colorful, and dance heavy. One of my biggest wishes would be if she would do a behind the scenes of Unbreakable. The creative process, studio sessions, etc... I also hope Janet does a few appearances, and performs. SNL would be awesome!

it's been so long since I've even thought about her possibly performing on the BET awards.. But yea what a kickoff this era that would have been.. Imagine the ticket sales after she straight KILLS it at the BET awards with a song like BIU or DB.. Comeback queen! At least the tour did relatively well here in the states (hard to hear for euro fans, I'm sure ?)

• Upvote 1

You know dictator, Gameshia Trump is not going to be able to resist. I don't even mind rebuttals. The problem is, people like Game, who immediately get snarky, and start calling us "fake fans" for not loving everything about this perfect era.

Yes he'll definitely be in here!!! lol

I also enjoyed both of his videos.. I think FB could've been a little better tho, at least more dancing and not so dark..

But I loved the vision he had and how it was high-tech but in a practical way.. I appreciated that contrast..

In regards to FB, it was suppose to be more conceptual and less dancing. I know dancing is what we expect from her, but she wanted to switch it up, and be ahead of the curve. FB was ahead of the curve, because videos became more conceptual after the FB video came out.

• Upvote 3