The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

You wouldnt understad becus of ....well lets face it. Youre not one of us. So....yeah 

:rolleyes: She was a target, but because she appeared to deliberately expose her boob to 120 million Americans. Not just because of her skin colour. 

If Madonna had done that, she too would have faced repercussions and blacklisting for sure. Where a difference would have occurred is in their personal handling of it. Janet went really wrong by not explaining herself. Madonna would have explained herself. 

you can copy and paste the gif boo :)

I did ? .. Still nothing.. The pic shows up in my reply but then I click "post reply" and it's gone.. I'm using my safari browser on my iPhone..

I don't get it ?

EDIT: I just tried it on my Google browser app and used the [i.m.g] html code and that worked.. But I mean come oooon!

Edited by Dal
  • Upvote 1

I think that's the most frustrating thing about this era. She keeps saying (or, rather, some of her fans keep saying) that we need to "hear it from her lips" - but that only works if she actually says something!

I've gotten over the fact that the European tour was "postponed" for seemingly no reason (I had tickets to see her in Manchester next week), but to have had not one single word of apology for the inconvenience she's caused her European fans is, quite frankly, rather insulting. 

Same! I just got back from London today, was supposed to be seeing here at the o2 last night...

I just felt deflated the whole time I was there because of how excited I was to see her.  - i feel insulted that she doesn't say sorry - just move right along like it's nothing to cancel on people and i feel like she's insulting my intelligence with her "i'll reschedule" tweet - beeen here before Janet, i don't believe you will.

The thing I will give to M is that she is not afraid to be vulnerable for her fans. Visually she gives them everything...documentaries, intimate shows, engagement...always changing it up. That Tears of a Clown thing, she looked silly, but she put herself out there at a crazy time in her life. Its probably all for her own gratification, but the fans still benefit. Its probably why they are so obsessed with her. M & J are two completely different characters though...

With regards to Janet and her men, I think its inevitable that whoever you are, your partner is going to have some influence on your craft, especially when your from the same industry. The energy and environment you find yourself in. Shit even Patty was influenced by Gavin in WDIGM :lol: Doesnt necessarily mean she is being controlled.

She is currently respecting her partners faith it seems...is he forcing her to? Maybe its her choice. Her being spiritual isnt new, but if she is at a higher point, good for her and us if we get this quality of music.

to me, and I speak for myself and about myself, I would NEVER convert to any faith for a partner. 

Why does she have to convert? why can he not accept her as she is? why does she have to change such a personal aspect of her life? Why doesn't he change religion? and where is the strong sexual Janet gone? the janet i love tells her men that if they want her future, they better work it boy....

dno... having to become something before you can be someone is certainly nothing I would consider, not ask of anyone else.

it went down after Rene and Tina.  The Super Bowl stunt does not happen with Tina in the picture.  As far as Madonna goes she is a white women. The rules are different. Janet could not manipulate the press like that in any lifetime.  As far as her men this is the worse case scenario. Wissam has done more interviews and photo shoots this era than she has with his body showing by the way. The whole religion is just insecure men who try and excuse the behavior by falling back on the Koran the same way Christians do with the bible 

I agree with your thoughts on Tina, Rene, and the SB. That stunt, whether it was a malfunction or not, was probably the stupidest decision Janet and her team at the time came up with. Who choreographed the SB BTW? It was just so dumb to be ripping costume parts off at such a public event. Even worse, Janet handled it all terribly: she tried to dodge the problem instead of being up front about it. Coming out with a highly-sexual album right after didn't help either (but it was too late to redo an entire album of course).

In a perfect world, she would have done the SB on her own like MJ without any stunts.

to me, and I speak for myself and about myself, I would NEVER convert to any faith for a partner. 

Why does she have to convert? why can he not accept her as she is? why does she have to change such a personal aspect of her life? Why doesn't he change religion? and where is the strong sexual Janet gone? the janet i love tells her men that if they want her future, they better work it boy....

dno... having to become something before you can be someone is certainly nothing I would consider, not ask of anyone else.

We still dont know she has converted! Her gyrating and grabbing male crotches on stage i think is being respectful to him and his faith. The change of clothing ill give you that, does seem a little off. But im honestly not invested in her life decisions anymore. I dont care if she doesnt talk about sex, we've had 20 years of it. Doesnt necessarily mean she isnt having it...

• Upvote 1

Same! I just got back from London today, was supposed to be seeing here at the o2 last night...

I just felt deflated the whole time I was there because of how excited I was to see her.  - i feel insulted that she doesn't say sorry - just move right along like it's nothing to cancel on people and i feel like she's insulting my intelligence with her "i'll reschedule" tweet - beeen here before Janet, i don't believe you will.

It'll be interesting to see the response if she does reschedule. Im not particularly motivated anymore but then again i actually did get to see her abroad.

We still dont know she has converted! Her gyrating and grabbing male crotches on stage i think is being respectful to him and his faith. The change of clothing ill give you that, does seem a little off. But im honestly not invested in her life decisions anymore. I dont care if she doesnt talk about sex, we've had 20 years of it. Doesnt necessarily mean she isnt having it...

yeah I agree to a point - one of the reasons I really enjoy unbreakable as an album is that she's finally singing about something else.

I remember saying to my friend when she announced a new album, that I really wasn't interested in another album full of songs about sex - so unbreakable didn't let me down!

I guess you're probably doing the right thing, I don't think she wants us to be invested in her as a person, i think she sorta wants to cut herself off from the world, and even from her fans somewhat, with just the music for people who like her, but.. yano... LUTFA and all that.

her life I guess.

I'll put it this way. If Madonna were black and that happened to her, she would have said fuck you all it's just a tit. That's just who Madonna is and it has nothing to do with her skin color. 

That was my own opinion. :coffee: 

I agree only to the extent Madonna due to her personality would have turned it into this sexist debate and certainly would never have apologized, however I do not agree with the idea your suggesting that the results would have differed and that is what is being insinuated, that had it been a Black anyone the FCC still would have came for her, and radio would have pulled the plug hard on her music....all things White or Black no one could have controlled.  I think being white would have been a benefit because they would have thought well that's Madonna that's what she does so why bitch? But Black Janet? oh no black bitch gone pay :filenails: I was a die hard fan well before the SB, and its the one moment in Janet's career that changed everything, she never fully recovered

Edited by Stealth

You guys are killing me yo! ?

One of ya'll needa make a thread and title it "If madonna's tit popped out at the SB instead" ...and carry on with it o'er there! ?

Let's just air out our grievances here and discontinue who's wrong or right por favoooor!

You guys are killing me yo! ?

One of ya'll needa make a thread and title it "If madonna's tit popped out at the SB instead" ...and carry on with it o'er there! ?

Let's just air out our grievances here and discontinue who's wrong or right por favoooor!

You can't always control everything Dal. :shifty: 

lol this is not really the place but it not quite the same. I often see people say that  but it's just not true. Christianity has been through a reformation and is streaks ahead. 

I feel janet didn't handle the SB fiasco in the right way. She never explained clearly what was 'suppose' to happen. It's like David Letterman. The only reason why he pestered her was because she wouldn't give a straight answer. She tried to flirt her way out of it instead of answering the question. 

But tbh I never understood why she never got the SB show to herself, where she could've performed a new song. 

Christianity has come along way but they also use their doctrine to justify putting people down.  Gays women etc.  Islam is way behind.  This is 2016.  The world is changing.  We may have a woman as our next president.   Not bashing it but it is a caveman religion.  Nothing has changed even though the world has.

Yeah the SB at that point there was nothing to lose.  Trying to keep that info private did not help.  I thought she could have continued on the storyline of the conservative right trying to use her to make people forget about the war but she kind of went halfway with it.  That would have been an excellent argument because it was true and people were getting tired of the war at that point.  I'll put it this way. If Madonna were black and that happened to her, she would have said fuck you all it's just a tit. That's just who Madonna is and it has nothing to do with her skin color. 

I'll put it this way. If Madonna were black and that happened to her, she would have said fuck you all it's just a tit. That's just who Madonna is and it has nothing to do with her skin color. 

That was my own opinion. :coffee: 

If Madonna were a black woman and she did what you just said her ass would be banned from earth.  You have to be kidding me.  What world do you live in where you see all this equality.  Thats really sad.  You are extremely uncultured and unaware if you think their skin color has no barring on the way they would be treated.  #trump2016? 

they was talking arresting Janet after that, if it was someone white, "oh no the jails are over crowded we don't have room" :rolleyes: but Janet? her black ass wouldn't been getting away, over crowded? "I got a double garage tie that bitch up in there and nick name her Cadillac she aint going no where" :filenails:

Christianity has come along way but they also use their doctrine to justify putting people down.  Gays women etc.  Islam is way behind.  This is 2016.  The world is changing.  We may have a woman as our next president.   Not bashing it but it is a caveman religion.  Nothing has changed even though the world has.

Yeah the SB at that point there was nothing to lose.  Trying to keep that info private did not help.  I thought she could have continued on the storyline of the conservative right trying to use her to make people forget about the war but she kind of went halfway with it.  That would have been an excellent argument because it was true and people were getting tired of the war at that point.  I'll put it this way. If Madonna were black and that happened to her, she would have said fuck you all it's just a tit. That's just who Madonna is and it has nothing to do with her skin color. 

If Madonna were a black woman and she did what you just said her ass would be banned from earth.  You have to be kidding me.  What world do you live in where you see all this equality.  Thats really sad.  You are extremely uncultured and unaware if you think their skin color has no barring on the way they would be treated.  #trump2016? 

Madonna transcends race. I'm tired of Janet fans attributing Madonna's success to her skin color. It's just fucking bullshit. It sells both women short. It sells everyone short. Michael Jackson is still the King of Pop even after molesting a whole bunch of little boys and turning into a plastic surgery freak. Stop this poor me I'm black shit. Janet just did not have the stones. Period. 

• Upvote 1

I believe she has converted.  I refuse to believe she continues to where that black choir robe everywhere she goes by choice.  I knew she converted when she had her back turned at her birthday party.  Some fatwahs do not allow photography.  I have to believe she is converted because I cant think of any other logical reason as to why she is so uninvested in this era.  I mean zero interaction or communication

• Upvote 1