FUCK!!!! IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN

You know I believe Make Me did have some good choreography but unfortunately a lot of editing in the video cut it out which sucks.  I do love seeing glam shots of janet but I love seeing her execute choregraphy even more.  This has happened a few times in her vidoes.  I want this video to be straight up focused on dance...kind of like the all dance version of if. 

• Upvote 2

You know I believe Make Me did have some good choreography but unfortunately a lot of editing in the video cut it out which sucks.  I do love seeing glam shots of janet but I love seeing her execute choregraphy even more.  This has happened a few times in her vidoes.  I want this video to be straight up focused on dance...kind of like the all dance version of if. 

I want to see more moves that are fluid and well executed. Things like this

http://instagr.am/p/BDmqYbUlkpo/

http://instagr.am/p/BDFHbBNFktz/

http://instagr.am/p/BCwpPPolkmS/

I want the choreo & video to live up to the suspense. That's my biggest thing. For me Janet last true respectable choreography was Make Me, because it involved more than sass & arm whips. Her doing that jump part & more with her legs made me happy to see. I know her choreo could be more fluid & full body & I just want that for Dammn Baby, it can be fluid & kind to her body. I know with age she has mentioned having some pain in certain parts of her body, knees and shoulders but there's ways to do a lot without doing too much. I wasn't impressed with the BIU breakdown on tour. 

When did she complain about her body aches? 

I wasn't impressed with the BIU breakdown on tour. 

neither was I.. I got the sense that all the dancers wanted to go harder on that breakdown.. Even the Littles looked silly just basically walking in place for part of it, and the fact that it was the very first song should've allowed for Janet to go harder but whattyagunnado...?

• Upvote 4

neither was I.. I got the sense that all the dancers wanted to go harder on that breakdown.. Even the Littles looked silly just basically walking in place for part of it, and the fact that it was the very first song should've allowed for Janet to go harder but whattyagunnado...?

:blink: and exacly how could you "sense" something like that? The things yall just throw out there is...just... 

Anyway... yall have to keep in mind that as a dancer who sings, Janet has to pace herself. She cant tire herself out with the first number. You have to consider there being a balance of hard hittin choreo mixed with more scaled back. She cant give it to u all in the beginning cus there is no energy left to give later in the show. Yall dont understand how high intense putting shows on are.,especially when ur not 24 anymore 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

:blink: and exacly how could you "sense" something like that? The things yall just throw out there is...just... 

Anyway... yall have to keep on mind that as a dancer who sings, Janet has to pace herself. She cant tire herself out with the first number. You have to consider there being a balance of hard hittin choreo mixed with more scaled back. She cant give it to u all in the beginning cus there is no energy left to give later in the show. Yall dont understand how high intense putting shows on are.,especially when ur not 24 anymore 

Yup and I wanna call out the bitch or bitches who were talking shit about how Janet was causing the dancers to lose jobs or be out of work due to cancelling the tour but yet the dancers are in the damn video

• Upvote 1

Anyway... yall have to keep in mind that as a dancer who sings, Janet has to pace herself. She cant tire herself out with the first number. You have to consider there being a balance of hard hittin choreo mixed with more scaled back. She cant give it to u all in the beginning cus there is no energy left to give later in the show. Yall dont understand how high intense putting shows on are.,especially when ur not 24 anymore 

look at their faces! Lol... They movin they little feet in place for like 8 counts straight.. Even Janet herself stays in one spot damn near that entire song.. I understand she gotta pace herself n shit.. I get it.. Don't mean her dancers couldn't go harder during the breakdown tho.. Instead they brought themselves down to her pace/ability during the breakdown when they could've gone harder while Janet stayed more 49YO-ish I guess u could say..

didnt mean it like she wasn't hittin it the whole show, I only meant the breakdown in BIU could've been better.. Big deal :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

Although I agree that the choreo for BIU wasn't all that, Janet still did it hard ass, and just has a way to wow. I just love how the bitch moves. I see other people doing "elaborate" dance moves, and they just bote me to death.

Beyonce, Riri, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Tinashe: just to name a few.

• Upvote 3

I sense people are creating their own truths again :sigh: 

Skool em!!!! I think some people think this 1998 still 

• Upvote 1

A dancer who "sings" :unsure: 

Jan lip syncs no? :unsure: 

Although I agree that the choreo for BIU wasn't all that, Janet still did it hard ass, and just has a way to wow. I just love how the bitch moves. I see other people doing "elaborate" dance moves, and they just bote me to death.

Let's not talk about Gaga's choreography. She has other talents it's almost like, why are you even dancing. All she needs to do is sit down behind a piano. ^_^ 

• Upvote 1

I honestly think the dancers seeming "off" or "held back" during BIU has more to do with the latitude they were given than an instruction to hold back. Just from the gif of the DB video, they look more structured, military, traditional Janet than they do on the tour. On the tour, they look like they've been allowed to add their own "flavor" to the choreography: something only Janet used to do before. There are basic steps everyone is doing, but they're adding their own touches in the execution.

This tour is THE most live tour she's done since Rhythm Nation, reporting from the front row, bitch was breathy as hell alot of times. That was a discussion alot of us had after the show, it's the price you pay when you perform lie that and you don't lipsync, not that there wasn't still the backing track but she was in her mic and actually singing  more than any of the past 3 times I saw her in person and more than I've seen since RN

PREACH, nobody wow's me like her....well except Paula back in the day and Ciara on a good day which seems rare.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 4

Noone *knows* for sure. From the Unbreakable show I saw in ATL, almost every song sounded like she was singing live with the exception of Rhythm Nation. There were maybe a couple others like Shoulda Known Better and ANDS where a backing track sounded louder than her and the backup singers.

Noone *knows* for sure. From the Unbreakable show I saw in ATL, almost every song sounded like she was singing live with the exception of Rhythm Nation. There were maybe a couple others like Shoulda Known Better and ANDS where a backing track sounded louder than her and the backup singers.

Wow, kudos to her. With Janet it's like who cares if she lip syncs? You want her to kill that choreo. She's only human. Or is she? -_- 

• Upvote 1

This tour is THE most live tour she's done since Rhythm Nation, reporting from the front row, bitch was breathy as hell alot of times. That was a discussion alot of us had after the show, it's the price you pay when you perform lie that and you don't lipsync, not that there wasn't still the backing track but she was in her mic and actually singing  more than any of the past 3 times I saw her in person and more than I've seen since RN

PREACH, nobody wow's me like her....well except Paula back in the day and Ciara on a good day which seems rare.

And Beyoncé :coffee: 

Yes. Ciara is the only one who has wowed me. The only thing with Ciara is that she is more of a pop locker. Got Me Good was awesome. However, her IF signature dance break was sloppy as shit.

Wasnt that impressed, it was cute as usual, and it legit had speed & coordination to it, there's improvement but she can't sit with heavy hitting dancers.

Luckily she can sang unlike those heavy hitting dancers. :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1

And Beyoncé :coffee: 

Beyonce is a fantabulous singer, beautiful, and I can get into her songs. However, I think she is the most overrated bitch when it comes to dancing, and choreography. Put a Ring On It was horrible, the whole Formation choreo is nothing to scream about at all. She gets by as far as dancing, but she has yet to ever wow me. Her dancing puts me to sleep.

• Upvote 1

Luckily she can sang unlike those heavy hitting dancers. :rolleyes: 

Yea but she can't sit with the real vocalists either (and Janet emotes better than her, I'll take her vocals over Bey easily :P)

Beyonce is a fantabulous singer, beautiful, and I can get into her songs. However, I think she is the most overrated bitch when it comes to dancing, and choreography. Put a Ring On It was horrible, the whole Formation choreo is nothing to scream about at all. She gets by as far as dancing, but she has yet to ever wow me. Her dancing puts me to sleep.

SOOOOO MUCH TRUTH!!!

Edited by jarrylf