The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

rihannastan.jpg

Rihanna is a global icon and a living legend.

She has sold about 500 million records worldwide (Singles are records. 80 million is almost 100, 100 is almost halfway to 300, which is more than halfway to 500. # webadyoumad)

Artist Bio

The story of Rihanna the Global Queen begins on the small island of Barbados. When she was a little girl, her classmates called her “globe”. No, that was not a forehead joke; they just knew that one day she would be a global pop queen who would effortlessly slay your faves.

When she was 16 she auditioned for Def Jam Records and her voice sounded like a mixture of Anita Baker, Lauryn Hill, Jesus, and Coko from SWV. She was quickly signed and she then went on to become the Global Queen that she is today and one of the biggest selling artists of all time. # webadyoumad # navi # phuckyofavs

Talent

Rihanna is a better singer than Whitney Houston and a better dancer than Michael Jackson and I’m about to tell you why.

Performing is not always about being perfect, on-key, on-pitch, on beat or even sober. Rihanna may not be the best technical singer, but Grace Jones, Gwen Stefani, Macy Gray and Prince are not technical singers either. Sometimes it's not about technical proficiency, it's about emotion and personality and Rihanna's voice has a lot of character and emotion. Rihanna’s voice is very unique and distinct.

Contrary to popular opinion, Rihanna is extremely talented she just chooses to express it in a different way. What she has decided to do is show a little bit of her talent at a time. See, if she were to show all of her talent at one time like Lady Gaga and Beyonce, people would get bored with her; so she rations her talent out in bits and pieces to keep people interested. She gives one barely sufficient live performance every 8 months to keep people interested and ensure her longevity. She definitely has the capacity to be the best entertainer in the world; she just chooses to be mediocre because she’s humble, unlike some artists.

What some pressed stan bases fail to understand is that Rihanna is only 24 years old, she’s only had 8 years in the industry, 7 albums, dozens of singles and hundreds of TV performances and tour dates; she’s basically a new and inexperienced artist --- she has time to get better.

• youmadwebad # brap # itake6thgrademathbutiminthe12grade

Impact/Achievements

Rihanna is a global superstar. She's a fashion icon, hair icon, shoe icon, earring icon, pantyhose icon, bra icon, she's so iconic and impactful and global and iconicful and other words I heard the Monsters and The Beyhive use and if it's good enough for Gaga and Beyonce then damn it, it's good enough for Rihanna.

Idk why I've not downloaded the new album yet. I haven't really been following this era and the only thing I've heard from it is "Diamonds". Is it as good as TTT?

it's got some very cute moments, but I would say as a non Rihanna stan, that TTT was a very high point, great album, this album has some great moments on it, but overall its not as good as her previous album. Now does that mean its not worth listening to? NO it has a solid block of songs that are actually good that David G shit I skip and a few others I skip but "power it up" and the next 2 songs I play then skip to "nobody's business" and finally Mother Mary
  • Upvote 1

it's got some very cute moments, but I would say as a non Rihanna stan, that TTT was a very high point, great album, this album has some great moments on it, but overall its not as good as her previous album. Now does that mean its not worth listening to? NO it has a solid block of songs that are actually good that David G shit I skip and a few others I skip but "power it up" and the next 2 songs I play then skip to "nobody's business" and finally Mother Mary

Pour It Up :lmao:

Missed opportunity. That song deserved a better video than that. The images were nice and she looked good, but she could have dug deeper with the concept.

Yea that whole bathtub scene could've been a seperate scene, but not the whole video (just watched it a 2nd time), like it's beautiful ofcourse but it shouldn't be the whole story.

Well she needs radio support. I'm happy that her performance actually catapulted the song to the top. She never really did that with some of her singles.

if she promotes it right, it could happen. there is something about that song that gets under your skin and stays there. she could come harder with the video though.

if she promotes it right, it could happen. there is something about that song that gets under your skin and stays there. she could come harder with the video though.

It was simple, yet effective for the song imo. I don't know much more she could have done.. :lol:

Mikky Ekko is about to be paid. And he's getting that exposure due to Rihsus' presence. :clapping:

I think Stay is the first time people have welcomed Rihanna as a singer rather than Rihanna the pop princess. I said it from the start that this album has given her some "depth" with songs like Stay, Loveeee Song, Half Of Me etc.

• Upvote 1

I think Stay is the first time people have welcomed Rihanna as a singer rather than Rihanna the pop princess. I said it from the start that this album has given her some "depth" with songs like Stay, Loveeee Song, Half Of Me etc.

The grammy performance has opened her up to a different audience. She stripped down and delivered a powerful and emotional performance of "Stay". You can't fake that..she felt that shit. She sounded like the studio version..and received a standing ovation. :yahoo:

I think "Stay" and "Unapologetic" are getting some nods at next years grammy's(I'm hoping anyway).

The grammy performance has opened her up to a different audience. She stripped down and delivered a powerful and emotional performance of "Stay". You can't fake that..she felt that shit. She sounded like the studio version..and received a standing ovation. :yahoo:

I think "Stay" and "Unapologetic" are getting some nods at next years grammy's(I'm hoping anyway).

Yas - the praise she got after the UK X Factor performance. And now this. She knows what she's doing. I see you Rih.