Who has the better music catologue overall ?

Xtraordinary Xternal

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why the lil Beyonce stans are getting mad at everyone's opinion no one asked how many grammys or #1's anyone had clearly Rihanna has the more catchier tunes

#fact

Let's just stick to the subject at hand Rihanna beats :filenails:

Everyone is well aware of who likes who on this board. It ultimately goes nowhere. So why not consult an expert's opinion on who they think has the stronger catalog. And clearly the critics prefer Beyonce on Rihanna. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. I've said this before, perhaps if you Rihanna stans would focus on artistic integrity rather than how many times Rihanna can top the Hot 100, maybe she wouldn't always been at the back of the pack when it comes time to hand out awards and the critics to put together lists. On Billboard, Rolling Stone, EW, NPR, Q Magazine, Slant, etc Rihanna will ALWAYS rank behind Beyonce. Perhaps Rihanna should focus on trying to be taken seriously as an artist rather than being successful.

Everyone is well aware of who likes who on this board. It ultimately goes nowhere. So why not consult an expert's opinion on who they think has the stronger catalog. And clearly the critics prefer Beyonce on Rihanna. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them. I've said this before, perhaps if you Rihanna stans would focus on artistic integrity rather than how many times Rihanna can top the Hot 100, maybe she wouldn't always been at the back of the pack when it comes time to hand out awards and the critics to put together lists. On Billboard, Rolling Stone, EW, NPR, Q Magazine, Slant, etc Rihanna will ALWAYS rank behind Beyonce. Perhaps Rihanna should focus on trying to be taken seriously as an artist rather than being successful.

This applies to Brit as well

example Rated R all those magazines you names loved it

i think Beyonce is taken more seriously than Rihanna

Rihanna... to me and many others... is a marketing ploy.. like Britney... single after single... album year after year...

Cosign.

Jive capitalized off Britney during three first three albums. They milked her for all she was worth. Now it's like they don't even care about her. That's pretty much what IDJ is doing with Rihanna. There's nothing special about either one of them, and TBH they're both quite replaceable. Britney is just popularity and a punch line. Rihanna is just....there. She can be replaced with another Caribbean girl with a decent voice. Once her well runs dry, she'll be shipped back to Barbados.

i think Beyonce is taken more seriously than Rihanna

Rihanna... to me and many others... is a marketing ploy.. like Britney... single after single... album year after year...

There's no denying that but I don't think Beyonce is taken seriously as an artist. She's really no different from Rihanna and Britney musically.

Cosign.

Jive capitalized off Britney during three first three albums. They milked her for all she was worth. Now it's like they don't even care about her. That's pretty much what IDJ is doing with Rihanna. There's nothing special about either one of them, and TBH they're both quite replaceable. Britney is just popularity and a punch line. Rihanna is just....there. She can be replaced with another Caribbean girl with a decent voice. Once her well runs dry, she'll be shipped back to Barbados.

i still think JIVE is still milking Spears... and Rihanna is still the Cash Cow for IDJ... If music was selling it was in the early 2000s... Britney would be selling millions and millions... Britney Spears rode on the coat tails of kids/teens... which followed her and now are still buying her music..

everything u said about Rihanna is true tho LOL

There's no denying that but I don't think Beyonce is taken seriously as an artist. She's really no different from Rihanna and Britney musically.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: GET YOU'RE HEAD CHECKED IMMEDIATELY..I CANT EVEN BELIEVE YOU WOULD MAKE SUCH AN INSANE STATEMENT LIKE THAT :mellow: :mellow:

i still think JIVE is still milking Spears... and Rihanna is still the Cash Cow for IDJ... If music was selling it was in the early 2000s... Britney would be selling millions and millions... Britney Spears rode on the coat tails of kids/teens... which followed her and now are still buying her music..

everything u said about Rihanna is true tho LOL

Britney was bound to fade out. She went from 10mil on Ooops... to 4mil on INZ. That's more than half her audience both stateside and WW. That teen pop wasn't gonna work forever, and I guess Jive felt like it was time for Britney to have her Control album and grow up. Didn't really work. Jive still holds on to Britney cuz she still makes them money. Besides who else is on their roster? :unsure:

Beyonce has her power vocals & stage presence

whereas Spears & Rihanna... opposite

I clearly said musically, not vocally or as a performer. There's no need to state the obvious - we get it. Beyonce is the better singer and performer but that doesn't mean her music is better or that it's any different from Rihanna and Britney. Basically what I'm saying - there's nothing compelling or groundbreaking about Beyonce's music. She does the same fluff music that Rihanna and Britney do all the time.

Britney was bound to fade out. She went from 10mil on Ooops... to 4mil on INZ. That's more than half her audience both stateside and WW. That teen pop wasn't gonna work forever, and I guess Jive felt like it was time for Britney to have her Control album and grow up. Didn't really work. Jive still holds on to Britney cuz she still makes them money. Besides who else is on their roster? :unsure:

yea.. i agree...

Britney Spears is the head bitch in charge of that label... she's the money maker... they will invest in her more than any other artist on their label

Justin Timberlake is 2nd

Archived