Who has the better music catologue overall ?

Xtraordinary Xternal

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RiRi she has the better songs, now her star power aint on Beyonce level because she can't speak clear English good enough to promote herself.

:lmao::asham:

That's funny, because I think Rihanna, at present time, has MORE star power than Beyoncé. And I think her English is fine -- she speaks just as well with her Bajan accent as Beyoncé does with her country grammar ass.

And since this thread was created:

VH1 100 Greatest Songs Of The ’00s

01 Beyoncé (Feat. Jay-Z) – “Crazy In Love”

11 Rihanna (Feat. Jay-Z) – “Umbrella”

Time Magazine 100 Greatest Popular Songs

‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’

Rihanna.......

One day ya'll gon' learn. tumblr_lqvp4k977H1qjn4ad.gif

Ima do a quick overview of the albums

Rihanna's first 2 albums....eh...cant rememeber much about em, and has that cheesy pop stuff and some tropicana, carribean stuff happening

GGGB - great album

Rated R - Wateva.... i dunno why people make a fuss over it

Loud - dunno

only know (and like) a few of the songs

This new song... I dont like it or that wannabe video...i dunno why everyone is in love with it

-------------

Beyonce:

DIL - Snooze fest, but has some spectacular tracks... and memorable tracks.. and grammy winning, chart-topping tracks...

B'day - a good album, very experimental, praised by the critics...kinda dated now...but still, points for trying..

I Am - another experiemental album

4 - grammy album of the year!! asham.gif

love that gif

Rihanna has some good songs, but thats all i can say

She has some cute songs. But it's clear that Beyonce's music will stand the test of time. Rihanna's is just for the time.

Have Rihanna's albums ever been nominated for grammys???

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Rihanna#Grammy_Awards

im gonna be honest, i never play rihanna songs

and i think people would fumble to recount her songs

i wouldnt even able to tell u her #1s

whereas Beyonce, people remember her songs

- crazy in love

- naughty girl

- dangerously in love

- single ladies

- if i were a boy

- run the world

- irreplaceable

i think her songs (and some others) are forever etched into people's minds

+ you cant forget the DC work...thats part of her career

I can't speak for everyone, but I honestly couldn't care less about what VH1, Time Magazine or any other "critic" or "analyst" has to say about what's great...I consider myself to be extremely unbiased, I pride myself on it -- and I'm definitely a music aficionado, all genres. In my honest opinion, NONE of Beyoncé OR Rihanna's songs would make the top 10 of my list of the decade's greatest, especially "Single ladies" & "Umbrella". "Crazy In Love" definitely has top 20 potential.

But oh well, more power to Bey for critical acclaim in regards to a handful of singles. I still think that as a whole, Rihanna's catalog is superior.

My 2 cents.

I can't speak for everyone, but I honestly couldn't care less about what VH1, Time Magazine or any other "critic" or "analyst" has to say about what's great...I consider myself to be extremely unbiased, I pride myself on it -- and I'm definitely a music aficionado, all genres. In my honest opinion, NONE of Beyoncé OR Rihanna's songs would make the top 10 of my list of the decade's greatest, especially "Single ladies" & "Umbrella". "Crazy In Love" definitely has top 20 potential.

But oh well, more power to Bey for critical acclaim in regards to a handful of singles. I still think that as a whole, Rihanna's catalog is superior.

My 2 cents.

Well that's what the thread was about..who has the better music catalog..not awards, etc.

Well that's what the thread was about..who has the better music catalog..not awards, etc.

Exactly. While 1 is changing up the look and content & genres and not afraid to take a chance, the other is doing the majority of the same content they were doing as a teenager

Like it's really HER decision to make those changes.

Like it's really HER decision on what she records.

Like it's really HER career. She is told what to do.

The fact that she's been here for 6 years and we have YET to hear her speak about her artistic input in her career should tell you SOMETHING.

Beyonce is consistent making R&B music and intertwining various genres in her music. She is trying new things vocally (something some can and will never be able to do), trying new sounds, trying new melodies, new chords and scales, new song structures, new instruments, and branching out lyrically. But she's still doing the same thing. You don't know ANYTHING. So PLEASE.

The fact that she's been here for 6 years and we have YET to hear her speak about her artistic input in her career should tell you SOMETHING.

Beyonce is consistent making R&B music and intertwining various genres in her music. She is trying new things vocally (something some can and will never be able to do), trying new sounds, trying new melodies, new chords and scales, new structures, and branching out lyrically. But she's still doing the same thing. You don't know ANYTHIN. So PLEASE.

:lmao: stop :lmao:

Beyonce is consistent making R&B music and intertwining various genres in her music. She is trying new things vocally (something some can and will never be able to do), trying new sounds, trying new melodies, new chords and scales, new song structures, new instruments, and branching out lyrically. But she's still doing the same thing. You don't know ANYTHIN. So PLEASE.

i know

unfortunately i stumbled across this moronic, uninformed comment:

Exactly. While 1 is changing up the look and content & genres and not afraid to take a chance, the other is doing the majority of the same content they were doing as a teenager

but it did give me a chuckle

delusion at its best and finest!

Archived