Toni Braxton appreciation thread

art

Really? I always hear ppl say Libra didn't get its well deserved credit but Libra was not a standout album to me. I don't know what it is I'm not hearing..it falls flat compared to her previous efforts imo

It was really good R&B for 2005 so I appreciated it. Especially the bonus tracks

"Whats Good"

"Trippin"

"Take this Ring"

"Shadowless"

"I wanna be"

"Long way home"

"Happily Unhappy"

"Please"

"Midngiht"

Libra> Pulse/The Heat/More than a woman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I NEED to buy an album. I only have a handful of her songs and yet I love her to death.

I think I'd want something sexy... would that be Secrets?

Yeah, or Libra.

Really? I always hear ppl say Libra didn't get its well deserved credit but Libra was not a standout album to me. I don't know what it is I'm not hearing..it falls flat compared to her previous efforts imo

So, Libra to you is what Brandy's Full Moon is to me.

I would LOVE to see her live!

the sad thing is my friend practically begged me to go see her in concert -_- i was never really into Toni like that...i mean I liked some of her songs but I was never a big fan of hers, i was always more into the neo-soul artists. When I tell you that she blew me the f*ck away, I came back from that concert with a whole new appreciation for that woman.

My ticket was free too, but I told my friend I would have paid to see that ^_^

the sad thing is my friend practically begged me to go see her in concert -_- i was never really into Toni like that...i mean I liked some of her songs but I was never a big fan of hers, i was always more into the neo-soul artists. When I tell you that she blew me the f*ck away, I came back from that concert with a whole new appreciation for that woman.

My ticket was free too, but I told my friend I would have paid to see that ^_^

That's good to know, because I've never really thought she'd blow me away in concert. I've just always wanted to see her for some reason.

Did she sing "I Don't Want To" live?

Girl, your ears prick up at the slightest hint of an R. Kelly track. :lol:

It was really good R&B for 2005 so I appreciated it. Especially the bonus tracks

"Whats Good"

"Trippin"

"Take this Ring"

"Shadowless"

"I wanna be"

"Long way home"

"Happily Unhappy"

"Please"

"Midngiht"

Libra> Pulse/The Heat/More than a woman

I'mma give it another listen since I haven't heard it in years..maybe my opinion will change.

• 2 weeks later...

Art's got another fav artist blush.gif

Her first two albums are stellar, particularly Secrets. So many good songs on that.

I was disappointed with The Heat...only a couple of songs

I didn't bother with the next 2 albums. Only a handful of songs

Pulse was a return to form. Makes My Heart, Hands Tied, Yesterday (Trey Song duet) >>>>>

• 4 weeks later...

*in computerized voice* " ..and.now.the.ART.OF.LOVE ... " then pure bliss begins at that point :wub: :wub: :wub:

along with that my FAV from each album..

"How Many Ways" (R.Kelly Mix)

"Why Should I Care"

"Maybe"

"Lies Lies Lies"

"Sposed To Be"

"Clockwork" (unreleased song from this last era)

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

There is no comparing the original to that R Kelly mix..

This one is just so :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3CeW_xSIs

Archived