So tell me ...WHAT IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE..??

janetDAYZ

The Spice Legends may have been a fad, but let's not act like at their peaks they weren't more popular than TLC and DC. :umm: They are EASILY the most popular girl group of all time bar none. Their impact on the industry and pop culture DOES outweigh TLC and DC's any day of the week. :coffee: TLC was only big with one album, CSC. DC was only huge with two albums. Yet even at those peaks, they weren't nearly as popular as the Spice Girls.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fanmail could have easily outsold CSC if they weren't beefing. Their popularity wasn't declining. They had to beg radio to stop playing No Scrubs so they could push Unpretty. DC and TLC both got 2 number 1's from their more popular albums ... And Fanmail the album debuted at number 1 before the no scrubs video was even out.... the nerve rhiam0.jpg

DC was was actually more popular with Survivor than they were with TWOTW. TLC's popularity fell with Fanmail. They were only massive with CSC.

Both groups were never up there with Spice Legends though. B)

TLC's popularity didn't fall with Fanmail. :mellow:

They were still MASSIVE.

It's okay to stan for the Spice Girls (I guess... :crazy: ) and of course you would stan for DC for OBVIOUS reasons, but let's not try to diminish TLC.

They were massive and probably had the most substance of the three groups.

Though I'm going to take it all the way back and say "The Supremes" shat on all of them. If we were to readjust their sales to what artists were doing in the 90's and early 2000's...none of the rest would matter. :coffee:

Though the real issue is Motown didn't have it's artist sales accounted for (to be shady with the profits, lol) so we don't really know how much they actually sold. -_- -_-

Fanmail could have easily outsold CSC if they weren't beefing. Their popularity wasn't declining. They had to beg radio to stop playing No Scrubs so they could push Unpretty. DC and TLC both got 2 number 1's from their more popular albums ... And Fanmail the album debuted at number 1 before the no scrubs video was even out.... the nerve rhiam0.jpg

xe0k07.jpg

Poor Austineisha... -_-

TLC's popularity didn't fall with Fanmail. :mellow:

They were still MASSIVE.

It's okay to stan for the Spice Girls (I guess... :crazy: ) and of course you would stan for DC for OBVIOUS reasons, but let's not try to diminish TLC.

They were massive and probably had the most substance of the three groups.

Though I'm going to take it all the way back and say "The Supremes" shat on all of them. If we were to readjust their sales to what artists were doing in the 90's and early 2000's...none of the rest would matter. :coffee:

Though the real issue is Motown didn't have it's artist sales accounted for (to be shady with the profits, lol) so we don't really know how much they actually sold. -_- -_-

PREACH!!!! 33nyg7l.jpg

Fanmail was not gonna outsell CSC. :umm: "Silly Ho" tanked, and that's probably why they rush released "No TOFs Scrubs". The only songs single worthy on that album was NS, Unpretty, and maybe one other song. CSC has DOY, Creep, Waterfalls, RLS, and another song that could have worked. Fanmail was bound to sell less than CSC.

The only way FM was gonna outsell CSC is if Arista over shipped FM like they did CSC (11x platinum with 7.2 million scanned :umm:).

Also, the FM stats aren't even comparable to DC's Survivor. The album did 4.3 million stateside and 13 million in total. 2 #1s, one of which remains the longest running #1 for a female group - and longer than all of TLC's #1s combined. That does include the tour. If you look at the stats, TLC was more of a local act, whereas DC was worlwide. That's why DC is more popular than TLC. And if you compare stats to the Spice Legends, they were obviously the biggest WW.

I love The Supremes. But their popularity isn't seeing the Spice Legends. :coffee:

Fanmail was not gonna outsell CSC. :umm: "Silly Ho" tanked, and that's probably why they rush released "No TOFs Scrubs". The only songs single worthy on that album was NS, Unpretty, and maybe one other song. CSC has DOY, Creep, Waterfalls, RLS, and another song that could have worked. Fanmail was bound to sell less than CSC.

The only way FM was gonna outsell CSC is if Arista over shipped FM like they did CSC (11x platinum with 7.2 million scanned :umm:).

Also, the FM stats aren't even comparable to DC's Survivor. The album did 4.3 million stateside and 13 million in total. 2 #1s, one of which remains the longest running #1 for a female group - and longer than all of TLC's #1s combined. That does include the tour. If you look at the stats, TLC was more of a local act, whereas DC was worlwide. That's why DC is more popular than TLC. And if you compare stats to the Spice Legends, they were obviously the biggest WW.

I love The Supremes. But their popularity isn't seeing the Spice Legends. :coffee:

You just DISQUALIFIED everything you said with that bullshit.

:mellow:

Really, Austineisha.... REALLY? :blink:

You just DISQUALIFIED everything you said with that bullshit.

:mellow:

Really, Austineisha.... REALLY? :blink:

*another double post, but I'm not removing the post this time....It NEEDS to be posted a second time* :mellow:

Only 4.3 million stateside? Guess they were P*ssy Poppin for dear life in Nepal, Tuvalu, Liechtenstein, and Palau to make up for that DECLINE in US sales. I see they clawed for that 13 mill that i will need to see the receipts on

2rm2waw.gif

Only 4.3 million stateside? Guess they were P*ssy Poppin for dear life in Nepal, Tuvalu, Liechtenstein, and Palau to make up for that DECLINE in US sales. I see they clawed for that 13 mill that i will need to see the receipts on

2rm2waw.gif

Poor austineisha...yet again

33xikj5.jpg

-_-

You just punched yourself out the game. :mellow:

The Supremes were far more successful and popular than the spice girls. And their 8 #1 hits proves that. they were the only act in the sixties who's success rivaled the beatles. Not even the rolling stones were coming for miss ross and crew. As someone said earlier, if Motown kept proper documentation, I'm sure their record sells would easily place them as the most successful girl group of all time. And they lasted 10 years unlike the spice girls who sputtered out in 2.

You just punched yourself out the game. :mellow:

The Supremes were far more successful and popular than the spice girls. And their 8 #1 hits proves that. they were the only act in the sixties who's success rivaled the beatles. Not even the rolling stones were coming for miss ross and crew. As someone said earlier, if Motown kept proper documentation, I'm sure their record sells would easily place them as the most successful girl group of all time. And they lasted 10 years unlike the spice girls who sputtered out in 2.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived