So tell me ...WHAT IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE..??

janetDAYZ

TLC- TLC has the most timeless collection out of the 3. And their music had the most substance. They made it cool for entertainers to have "personality" all of their interviews were just as entertaining as their performances and videos. They didn't have robot personalities. They also had street cred, and as a guy you could get away with bumping a TLC record in your car and not get odd stares. Since they weren't the strongest vocal group they found creative ways to appeal to their audiences and crafted their songs around the personalities and voices of each member. TLC also showed that if you market yourself correctly within your own country you don't have to break your leg performing in the Czech Republic and Tunisa. You can sell 11 million copies of an album in the US and still have some time to breathe because you're not running all over the world scraping to get those extra certifications. TLC and En Vogue made it ok for "Groups" to actually use all their members...

DC4(1) DC4(2), DC3- they were cute

Spice Girls- liquid crack and sugar, fun while it lasted...

:clapping: :clapping: +1

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um ...who is really debating Spice Girls was the most massive? You have only ONE person who objected and thats because he was speaking that language called STANnanese. :mellow:

And the fact that we're praising some act that bares no substance -ONLY popularity.... is laughable. We're not here for pop tarts and apparently neither was the rest of the world. FLASH-IN-THE-PAN much?

Them fytin werdz. :umm:

The Spice Legends have plenty of substance in their music. You might be listening to the wrong songs. Venture beyond the singles. :filenails:

Even YOU don't believe that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And even if someone wanted to make themselves believe it...their "substance" falls completely FLAT compared to a TLC :mellow: hell even DC for that matter :umm:

Lets stop playing in the world of MAKE BELIEVE ^_^ There's a reason why they only lasted 2.5 seconds and the Spice Girl stans on here will deal. B)

Even YOU don't believe that. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And even if someone wanted to make themselves believe it...their "substance" falls completely FLAT compared to a TLC :mellow: hell even DC for that matter :umm:

Lets stop playing in the world of MAKE BELIEVE ^_^ There's a reason why they only lasted 2.5 seconds and the Spice Girl stans on here will deal. B)

Yeah, mostly because Geri left the group less than 2 years (after the release of Wannabe, that is, which was released earlier in the UK than in the US), and then 2 of the remaining 4 girls got pregnant shortly after that. They took a long break, then half-assed a 3rd album, before going their separate ways after releasing only one single from it. Hence, the lack of longevity.

Um ...who is really debating Spice Girls was the most massive? You have only ONE person who objected and thats because he was speaking that language called STANnanese. :mellow:

And the fact that we're praising some act that bares no substance -ONLY popularity.... is laughable. We're not here for pop tarts and apparently neither was the rest of the world. FLASH-IN-THE-PAN much?

please if they were a flash in the pan

they wouldnt of had a successful reunion tour

they sold out 17 dates at Londons O2 arena in 38 seconds

They have cemented themselves in pop culture history than any other girl group. Hell most girl groups have been around for years and will NEVER accomplish what the Spice Girls have done

Yeah, mostly because Geri left the group less than 2 years (after the release of Wannabe, that is, which was released earlier in the UK than in the US), and then 2 of the remaining 4 girls got pregnant shortly after that. They took a long break, then half-assed a 3rd album, before going their separate ways after releasing only one single from it. Hence, the lack of longevity.

They were toast from the jump. There was nothing else to them but "GIRL POWER". I mean ...what else?

The Spice Girls were cute while they lasted. I think they helped usher in the bubble gum pop movement that took over the late 90's and early 00's..... unfortunately.

Loved TLC (Mostly Left Eye) when I was younger.

please if they were a flash in the pan

they wouldnt of had a successful reunion tour

they sold out 17 dates at Londons O2 arena in 38 seconds

They have cemented themselves in pop culture history than any other girl group. Hell most girl groups have been around for years and will NEVER accomplish what the Spice Girls have done

You are clearly missing what I'm saying. I never said they didn't have a following and weren't massive.

They were toast from the jump. There was nothing else to them but "GIRL POWER". I mean ...what else?

They had these things called songs and music videos and tours. :yep: They had a great combination of songs + personality that was really working for them. It would've lasted somewhat longer if the Girls themselves hadn't started jumping ship.

The Spice Girls were cute while they lasted. I think they helped usher in the bubble gum pop movement that took over the late 90's and early 00's..... unfortunately.

Part of why they were so wonderful. :wub:

Yes they did! :&

Part of why they were so wonderful. :wub:

:mellow:

They had these things called songs and music videos and tours. :yep: They had a great combination of songs + personality that was really working for them. It would've lasted somewhat longer if the Girls themselves hadn't started jumping ship.

Thats the same thing ya'll say about Britney ....which in other words means ..NO SUBSTANCE :yep:

Archived