So tell me ...WHAT IMPACT HAVE THEY MADE..??

janetDAYZ

It's very obvious to anyone viewing this thread now or in the future who is on a tangent... and it ain't me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm talking about POPULARITY, IMPACT, SOCIAL CHANGE, BREAK RACIAL BARRIERS, THE BEGINNINGS OF FEMALE EMPOWERMENT (at a time when female empowerment was TRULY needed)....

You keep spouting off numbers that apply to a time after The Supremes not only dominated, but set the THE BLUEPRINT for girl groups, and helped define and set the standards within the industry itself.

Nothing you say or figure you spout off can top that...you look silly right now Austineisha. Truly silly... :lol: And I say that to you not as "TOF" but as a friend (or "random internet forum acquaintances" as I like to call it, lol).

Even if we were to go by figures "as they are" The Supremes dominate as you stated earlier you've read the The Supremes have sold 60 millions records (I have seen upwards of 80 million, but thanks to Motown we'll never truly know). Now compared that to The Spice Girls 55 Million...now adjust The Supremes numbers to what artists were selling in the late 90's and early 00's....they would literally crush The Spice Girls.

Still got the game on lock...I understand your apparent anger tho -_-

Supremes.jpg

B)

*another double post* :sigh: But I'm letting it stay up...it NEEDS to be repeated. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

boo the Spice Girls have now sold over 75 million records WW and thats with only 3 albums to their credit

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like Austin most of the time. he actually will make some great points that have often made me stop and think. But when he goes into stan mode he has such tunnel vision that you can't even have a logical conversation with him. And he's only doing all this to avoid giving TLC any credit, because of his loyalty to DC. Which, if we're being honest, is all about his obsession with Beyonce. :sigh:

Its tired.

:lmao: :lmao:

still got the game on lock...TheSupremes.gif

And you're still relying on figures when as I've proven when you truly examine the ENTIRE thing it's very clear The Supremes were and REMAIN the biggest female group EVER...and the most influential. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

boo the Spice Girls have now sold over 75 million records WW and thats with only 3 albums to their credit

I'm going by what Austineisha said...as I've said I've seen numbers upwards of 80 million for The Supremes, but I was using the figures he provided. Yet again, The Supremes still dominate, and that's not even adjusting the figures to what artists were selling in the 90's and 00's. :whistle:

Right, you can examine all you want. But it's NOT changing the FACTS. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

You can talk about that all you want but it doesn't change the FACTS, which is what I'm here for.

"Wannabe" was #1 in more countries than ANY Supremes single. FACT.

The Spice Goddess STARRED in THEIR OWN feature film because of their popularity. FACT.

The Spice Goddess have outsold The Supremes based on known figures. FACT.

The Spice Goddess have out grossed The Supremes in tours. FACT.

The Spice Goddess were WORLDWIDE icons. FACT.

The Spice Goddesses were spokespersons for different companies because of their popularity. FACT.

Yes The Supremes are legendary and shaped the industry, but that's the argument. The argument is popularity. And when you look at the stats, the Spice Goddesses are the most popular female group of all time. Get over it.

still got the game on lock...TheSupremes.gif

And you're still relying on figures when as I've proven when you truly examine the ENTIRE thing it's very clear The Supremes were and REMAIN the biggest female group EVER...and the most influential. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I'm going by what Austineisha said...as I've said I've seen numbers upwards of 80 million for The Supremes, but I was using the figures he provided. Yet again, The Supremes still dominate, and that's not even adjusting the figures to what artists were selling in the 90's and 00's. :whistle:

but how many albums did they have?

You can figure in what the Supremes would of sold in the 90s, but you can turn that around and figure in what the Spice Girls would of sold in the 60s and they would probably still trump the Supremes.

You can go to any website online and search the best selling girl group and they all lead to the Spice Girls.

oh and to correct who said the Spice Girls went to number 1 in 20 something countries, they went number 1 in over 30 countries

Right, you can examine all you want. But it's NOT changing the FACTS. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

You're right nothing can change the FACTS

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Game still on lock... :w00t: Austineisha still mad... -_-

supremes_53768.jpg

B)

supremes_53768.jpg

B)

but how many albums did they have?

You can figure in what the Supremes would of sold in the 90s, but you can turn that around and figure in what the Spice Girls would of sold in the 60s and they would probably still trump the Supremes.

You can go to any website online and search the best selling girl group and they all lead to the Spice Girls.

oh and to correct who said the Spice Girls went to number 1 in 20 something countries, they went number 1 in over 30 countries

Not according to either the figures either you or Austineisha provided which either way have The Supremes dominating. ^_^:yep:

Again, my argument includes more than JUST sales, it's about IMPACT, INFLUENCE, POPULARITY, LEGACY....Which is what this thread is ULTIMATELY about.

You can't truly place The Spice Girls beside The Supremes in ANY category other than sales (even though again, according to the figures you and Austineisha provided...The Supremes still dominate :lol: )...and it's silly to try.

supremes_53768.jpg

B)

The fact that the Spice Goddesses had a #1 song in over TWENTY countries totally obliterates whatever argument you thought you had. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

tumblr_lap5j0lw3y1qeoy3ho1_400.gif

That was me. I was saying over 20 countries. I've heard over 30 countries, but I've never seen valid receipts for that claim.

The fact that the Spice Goddesses had a #1 song in over TWENTY countries totally obliterates whatever argument you thought you had. :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

tumblr_lap5j0lw3y1qeoy3ho1_400.gif

Not according to either the figures either you or Austineisha provided which either way have The Supremes dominating. ^_^:yep:

Again, my argument includes more than JUST sales, it's about IMPACT, INFLUENCE, POPULARITY, LEGACY....Which is what this thread is ULTIMATELY about.

You can't truly place The Spice Girls beside The Supremes in ANY category other than sales (even though again, according to the figures you and Austineisha provided...The Supremes still dominate :lol: )...and it's silly to try.

Game still on lock... :w00t: The lesser girls (and their stans) still bothered... -_-

the-supremes.jpg

B) B)

hun

The Spice Girls have impacted, influenced pop culture. They are the most popular girl group known to man and their legacy was set in stone when they did their reunion tour. Do you think The Supremes can sell out 17 arenas in 38 seconds? Have more than 3 million fans sign up just to buy tickets? No they cant even with their original members and even if you want to factor in what they would of sold now compared to the 60s. Before the Spice Girls, girl groups werent all that popular. Yes there was TLC and En Vogue, but they did NOT have the GLOBAL impact the Spice Girls had and still have. You can search Youtube and see recent interviews of each member of the Spice Girls and the one question that pops up is if they are going to do another reunion. If both groups were to put out new albums now, who do you think would sell more? And be honest to yourself.

Game still on lock... :w00t: The lesser girls (and their stans) still bothered... -_-

the-supremes.jpg

B) B)

The discussion was never about impact and all that other foolishness. :lmao: The minute you challenged my position of me saying the Spice Goddesses are the most popular female group of all time, the debate immediately became about popularity ONLY.

m8elxg.jpg

So you talking about impact and influence would make you irrelevant.

tumblr_ldb3ugnnBI1qzvu53o1_500.gif

hun

The Spice Girls have impacted, influenced pop culture. They are the most popular girl group known to man and their legacy was set in stone when they did their reunion tour. Do you think The Supremes can sell out 17 arenas in 38 seconds? Have more than 3 million fans sign up just to buy tickets? No they cant even with their original members and even if you want to factor in what they would of sold now compared to the 60s. Before the Spice Girls, girl groups werent all that popular. Yes there was TLC and En Vogue, but they did NOT have the GLOBAL impact the Spice Girls had and still have. You can search Youtube and see recent interviews of each member of the Spice Girls and the one question that pops up is if they are going to do another reunion. If both groups were to put out new albums now, who do you think would sell more? And be honest to yourself.

The snatch occurred right at the underlined portion. -_-

hun

Sweetie...

The Supremes are the template and the blueprint for ALL girl groups. They broke racial barriers, female barriers, helped influenced music and the development of the industry as we know it today.

Thanks to Motown not paying for certifications and accounting for sales..we don't know the TRUE amounts The Supreme sold yet I have seen estimates upwards of 80 million (which again, STILL dominates the figures YOU provided for the The Spice Girls.

Comparing a bubblegum pop act...that fell off in two years to one of, if not the most influential female group of all time. No matter how or what angle you try to approach the subject, you will always come up short, because you simply CANNOT compare.

The discussion was never about impact and all that other foolishness. :lmao: The minute you challenged my position of me saying the Spice Goddesses are the most popular female group of all time, the debate immediately became about popularity ONLY.

m8elxg.jpg

So you talking about impact and influence would make you irrelevant.

tumblr_ldb3ugnnBI1qzvu53o1_500.gif

WITH THE 3 BIGGEST FEMALE GROUPS OFF ALL TIME (excluding Dixie chicks)

IN YOUR OWN WORDS ..TELL ME WHAT IMPACT EACH GROUP MADE (if at all) DURING THEIR RUN?

That was the topic of the discussion...I introduced The supremes into the discussion as the TRUE biggest female group of all time and the most influential...

Again, you were so oblivious with your stanning, that you tried to prove The Spice Girls to be bigger with figures (and I must point out again, even with those figures The Supremes dominate :lol: :lol: ). You tried to downplay the legacy and impact of THE quintessential girl group all to build up the Spice Girls and you FAILED.

Game

Remains

On

Lock

n0476wahdnws74ws.jpg

B)

Sweetie...

The Supremes are the template and the blueprint for ALL girl groups. They broke racial barriers, female barriers, helped influenced music and the development of the industry as we know it today.

Thanks to Motown not paying certifications and accounting for sales..we don't know the TRUE amounts The Supreme sold yet I have seen estimates upwards of 80 million (which again, STILL dominates the figures YOU provided for the The Spice Girls.

Comparing a bubblegum pop act...that fell off in two years to one of, if not the most influential female group of all time. No matter how or what angle you approach the subject, you will always come up short, because you simply CANNOT compare.

No matter what angle YOU approach will ever refute the popularity, the legacy, the influence, or any other word you want to throw out, as to what the Spice Girls have done. So what if they lasted 2 years. It was enough time to impact this world and leave a lasting impression and legacy in POP CULTURE HISTORY. And AGAIN, when they came back for their reunion tour, once again the demand for them was HIGH.

and if, and thats a huge IF, the Supremes have sold more, how many albums do they have? If they truly sold 80 million, it still doesnt compare to the 75 million the Spice Girls have sold with just 3 albums

count- 1......2.......3

that is remarkable by any standards, regardless if its the 90s or 60s or whatever decade you want to throw out there.

as for the Supremes setting the template for girl groups, the only template they served was having a lead singer and 2 back ups that get replaced. Seems to me the only group to follow that template is Destiny's Child.

You're so slow you can't remember what caused the discussions. :lmao:

Fanmail was not gonna outsell CSC. :umm: "Silly Ho" tanked, and that's probably why they rush released "No TOFs Scrubs". The only songs single worthy on that album was NS, Unpretty, and maybe one other song. CSC has DOY, Creep, Waterfalls, RLS, and another song that could have worked. Fanmail was bound to sell less than CSC.

The only way FM was gonna outsell CSC is if Arista over shipped FM like they did CSC (11x platinum with 7.2 million scanned :umm:).

Also, the FM stats aren't even comparable to DC's Survivor. The album did 4.3 million stateside and 13 million in total. 2 #1s, one of which remains the longest running #1 for a female group - and longer than all of TLC's #1s combined. That does include the tour. If you look at the stats, TLC was more of a local act, whereas DC was worlwide. That's why DC is more popular than TLC. And if you compare stats to the Spice Legends, they were obviously the biggest WW.

I love The Supremes. But their popularity isn't seeing the Spice Legends. :coffee:

You just DISQUALIFIED everything you said with that bullshit.

:mellow:

Really, Austineisha.... REALLY? :blink:

This is what you did back on page 6. :lmao: It was then that the discussion became about who is the most popular female group of all time. Having a tough time keeping up old man? :lmao:

I didn't even waste me time with sales because the Spice Goddesses sales are KNOWN, while The Supremes' aren't. So I went with charts. And the fact that "Wannabe" was #1 in over 20 countries (30 based on Cowboi) proves who is more popular. The Supremes NEVER had a song reach that level of global impact. NEVER. :lmao: Then I brought up how the Spice Goddesses clobbered The Supremes in tour gross, AND at the box office. :lmao:

You stay losing. B)

Spice+Girls+Stooop+right+now+thank+you+ver.gif

No matter what angle YOU approach will ever refute the popularity, the legacy, the influence, or any other word you want to throw out, as to what the Spice Girls have done. So what if they lasted 2 years. It was enough time to impact this world and leave a lasting impression and legacy in POP CULTURE HISTORY. And AGAIN, when they came back for their reunion tour, once again the demand for them was HIGH.

and if, and thats a huge IF, the Supremes have sold more, how many albums do they have? If they truly sold 80 million, it still doesnt compare to the 75 million the Spice Girls have sold with just 3 albums

count- 1......2.......3

that is remarkable by any standards, regardless if its the 90s or 60s or whatever decade you want to throw out there.

as for the Supremes setting the template for girl groups, the only template they served was having a lead singer and 2 back ups that get replaced. Seems to me the only group to follow that template is Destiny's Child.

I don't refute whatever impact, popularity, success, etc...The Spice Girls had in the two years they were popular. I'm simply saying you can't compare it to THE most influential and arguably most important female group EVER.

Considering the race relations of the time...to have an African American female group be the biggest group worldwide (2nd ONLY to the Beatles) at the end of the decade...which one is more "remarkable"?

Consider what their success represented to not only American, but the world...then and even now.

There is no conceivable way to compare a two year bubblegum pop act to that...there simply isn't. ESEPCIALLY, when the topic of the thread exclusively asks which act had the most impact.

You're so slow you can't remember what caused the discussions. :lmao:

This is what you did back on page 6. :lmao: It was then that the discussion became about who is the most popular female group of all time. Having a tough time keeping up old man? :lmao:

I didn't even waste me time with sales because the Spice Goddesses sales are KNOWN, while The Supremes' aren't. So I went with charts. And the fact that "Wannabe" was #1 in over 20 countries (30 based on Cowboi) proves who is more popular. The Supremes NEVER had a song reach that level of global impact. NEVER. :lmao: Then I brought up how the Spice Goddesses clobbered The Supremes in tour gross, AND at the box office. :lmao:

You stay losing. B)

Spice+Girls+Stooop+right+now+thank+you+ver.gif

Again, I introduced The Supremes into the topic because they are the TRUE biggest female group EVER.

THAT started the discussion (go back to where I actually introduced them in this thread)

That's what started the debate. Again, you took the route of "figures" to stan for your favs and prove them to be better, when my argument encompassed everything.

LEGACY, CULTURAL IMPACT, SUCCESS, POPULARITY, ETC...

You simply can't compare, it's simple as that...and underneath your desperate desire to stan for The Spice Girls, you know what I'm saying is true.

GAME LOCKED

The+Supremes.jpg

B) B)

count- 1......2.......3

I will give you popularity but the other 2????

Who did they influence and who list them as an inspiration to become a girl group?

I don't refute whatever impact, popularity, success, etc...The Spice Girls had in the two years they were popular. I'm simply saying you can't compare it to THE most influential and arguably most important female group EVER.

Considering the race relations of the time...to have an African American female group be the biggest group worldwide (2nd ONLY to the Beatles) at the end of the decade...which one is more "remarkable"?

Consider what their success represented to not only American, but the world...then and even now.

There is no conceivable way to compare a two year bubblegum pop act to that...there simply isn't. ESEPCIALLY, when the topic of the thread exclusively asks which act had the most impact.

if you are only going to base it on race alone then yes they have that over the Spice Girls.

Again, I introduced The Supremes into the topic because they are the TRUE biggest female group EVER.

THAT started the discussion (go back to where I actually introduced them in this thread)

That's what started the debate. Again, you took the route of "figures" to stan for your favs and prove them to be better, when my argument encompassed everything.

You simply can't compare, it's simple as that...and underneath your desperate desire to stan for The Spice Girls, you know what I'm saying is true.

GAME LOCKED

The+Supremes.jpg

B) B)

Which has been proven time and time again that the Spice Girls have that on lock. Ask around, look around the web, look at the record books...hate to tell ya but say what you want about them, no matter what the Spice Girls will forever be known as the most successful, popular, best selling girl group of all time.

GAME LOCKED

The+Supremes.jpg

B) B)

Nooooooooo! :lmao: You challenged me saying I could argue that the Spice Legends are the most popular female group of all time. That's what the debate was about. :lmao: Go back and read old man. Page 6, 7, and 8 are all proof that we were discussing POPULARITY.

Anything else you brought up was irrelevant when discussing popularity.

tumblr_li6q3vi1uo1qaptap.gif

Archived