Green Lantern Was a HORRIBLE, BORING Film

SonofBaldwin

green-lantern_front-page-290x290.jpg

Save your money. Either rent it, bootleg it, or don't see it at all. It would be a waste of your time and finances.

Superhero Hype: "Green Lantern fails on so many levels, both as a movie and as a comics adaptation; one of the bigger disappointments of the summer."

IGN: "The film is bad enough to possibly kill any hope for ever seeing The Flash or Justice League."

Crave Online: "This is not the start of a great new blockbuster franchise. It may have already put an end to it."

AICN: "So much wasted time that it doesn't earn those moments at the end that want to be triumphant."

Entertainment Weekly: "The whole movie is eye candy, and not much more."

US Weekly: "Green Lantern fails to shine."

MSNBC: "A pretty joyless comic book movie experience."

New York Observer: "A dumb, pointless, ugly, moronic and incomprehensible jumble of botched effects, technical blunders, and cluttered chaos."

Joblo: "It's not the end all be all of superhero films, however it will bode well with audiences tired of the brooding caped crusader".

Associated Press: "A joyless amalgamation of expository dialogue and special effects that aren't especially special."

Hitfix: "Plenty of mistakes were made in bringing Green Lantern to the big screen; I have a feeling this is our one and only trip to Oa."

Hollywood.com: "For an actor praised for his down-to-earth demeanor, larger-than-life may simply lie outside of Ryan Reynolds' range."

Variety: "A highly unstable alloy of the serious, the goofy and the downright derivative."

SSG Syndicate: "As a superhero origin story, it's a major disappointment."

Sky Movies: "Led by the ever-watchable Ryan Reynolds, Hal is a pale imitation of Robert Downey Jr’s Tony Stark."

Metromix: "The amount of money thrown at the screen isn't nearly as important as the quality of the story being told."

The New York Times: And “Green Lantern” is bad. This despite Mr. Reynolds’s dazzling dentistry, hard-body physique and earnest efforts, and the support of fine performers like Peter Sarsgaard (as Hector Hammond, a nutty professor turned baddie), Mark Strong (almost unrecognizable as the fuchsia-tinted Sinestro) and Angela Bassett (Doctor Waller, a government drone in mile-high heels). They, along with Blake Lively, who plays Carol Ferris, a pilot and aeronautics executive, and who’s miscast on both counts, look as if they’re working hard, and not only to keep a straight face.

Daaaaaaaaamn! I wanted to see it simply cause I love comic heroes who actually have powers and although the trailers sucked I kinda wanted to see it. Guess Green Lantern is best on the Justice League cartoons. I love that shit. Oh well least now I can save my money lol

I really wanted this to be good too :( Blake Lively just cant act yall. That bitch can ONLY do Serena Vanderwoodson on Gossip Girl.

DC comic movies just all fall flat other than batman. It doesnt make any sense how they cant get it together when they own the publishing company and the Movie studio you would think it would be much easier to translate to film all in house.

I still might watch this movie. Folks said Thor was horrible but I really enjoyed it.

Thor has a 77% fresh rating. Green Lantern is at 21%. I mean that doesn't mean it isn't possible its ok but that bad a rating means its a pretty good chance its just shitty

Yea I noticed that when I saw him on Regis. No ass at all

They need to get a brotha' to fill out that suit, lol

when I first heard of the movie I thought it was gonna be a Black Green Lantern and I was all like :excited:

Archived